Tiger Woods in Surgery After Car Crash

Favourite sportsperson ever. Really, really hope he’s going to be OK.

He was interviewed at the tournament he hosts on Sunday, and I said to my friend I was concerned as he honestly looked and sounded high on bud, painkillers or God knows what. Looked ridiculously tired and was slurring his words a bit.

Get well soon, El Tigre

Infra-red

Nasty looking crash - modern car probably saved his life. They are the sponsors for his golf tournament, so I'm sure he'll thank them!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

He was interviewed at the tournament he hosts on Sunday, and I said to my friend I was concerned as he honestly looked and sounded high on bud, painkillers or God knows what. Looked ridiculously tired and was slurring his words a bit.

Get well soon, El Tigre
Why doesn’t he use a chauffeur? It’s not as though he’s short of a bob or 2..

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Strange. On his own at 7am. Just as some more juice about his private was to be leaked...

No reports about it being life threatening, wish him a speedy recovery and hope we see him playing in a tournament soon.
What are you insinuating?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Get well soon, El Tigre
Not sure anyone over the age of 15 gets high on bud.

Kag

Get well soon, El Tigre
Likewise. I watched his interview at the Genesis and he looked dreadful.

I’m sure he has people around him but he seems like a bloke that needs looking after. It’s quite unnerving that him being involved in something like this isn’t at all shocking - he’s exactly the kind of famous sportsperson (or celebrity, even) you almost expect to get himself mangled in a car crash and die before his time (as crass as that sounds).

There’s something a little sad about Tiger Woods’ story in spite of all of the success, fame and fortune. Hopefully he can walk again and return to some kind of full health.

Strange. On his own at 7am. Just as some more juice about his private was to be leaked...

No reports about it being life threatening, wish him a speedy recovery and hope we see him playing in a tournament soon.
No “juice” about his private life was about to be leaked prior to the crash.

Apparently he was running late for behind the scenes golf lessons with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

Bit weird that someone with the status that Tiger has would even care about running late for that though.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.780...K_kjNs9HaNcKHIy4_QMQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

I looked up the junction mentioned and couldn't see where he could have gone downhill from the road....
(I've been up that way a few times as I have a buddy that lives in that area)
Agreed. I drove that Hawthorne Blvd up into PV hundreds of times in my teens. When I saw it was RPV my first thought was he slid off going on Palos Verdes Blvd near Terranea. No clue where that could have been on Hawthorne near Penninsula High.

Brophs

The One and Only
“Doctor, golf is the most important thing in my life after my kids. Just give it to me straight....am I still going to be able to bang randos?”

Rams

Apparently he was running late for behind the scenes golf lessons with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

Bit weird that someone with the status that Tiger has would even care about running late for that though.
One off his ex mistresses was planning to do another tell all in the press this week.

Golf lessons at 7am?!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
really hope this isn't the end of his career

get well soon Tiger
With his back issues, and now plates/rods in his ankles and legs I'd say it's very likely the end of his competitive playing days. Can't see how he could come back especially at his age now. Never know though.

Was hoping to see him win the masters again in April too!

One off his ex mistresses was planning to do another tell all in the press this week.

Golf lessons at 7am?!
I can’t find any news about one of his ex-mistresses planning to speak again. If it’s Rachel Uchitel, she already did a tell all for the HBO ‘Tiger’ documentary a couple of months ago.

And yep. Tiger was on his way to meet NFL quarterbacks Drew Brees and Justin Herbert for a playing lesson, and running late at the time of the crash.

He’d filmed a lesson with Dwyane Wade and David Spade the day before.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
With his back issues, and now plates/rods in his ankles and legs I'd say it's very likely the end of his competitive playing days. Can't see how he could come back especially at his age now. Never know though.

Was hoping to see him win the masters again in April too!
If the ankle is tore up bad, then yeah, that might stick in the back of your head making you overthink the swing which is always bad. It’s also not good to be hobbling around on an ankle for a while and changing your stride when you have lower back problems- speaking from experience.

Rams

Oh yeah, no juice?!?! You are very very wrong..

Offsideagain

I had a similar accident and more injuries. The rod(s) they have put in his shin are to keep the bone straight. They are not inserted from knee to ankle but in holes drilled into the shin. I lost two inches of shin bone in my crash and nine months later when I was strong enough, they put an adjustable fixature in rather like an Olazimov frame if I spelt it right. Then the broke my shin near the knee and I had to screw the fixature down a clogged track 1 mm per day for about 50 days. New bone grew from the knee end and looked like milk in water on x-rays. Then they took bone from my hip to fill in the gaps. Screwed the Fibia back to my ankle. I could walk 18 months after the accident. If he plays Golf again, it will be a miracle. I was a similar age to him. He won every able to walk 5 or 6 miles a day on grass. I now have arthritis in both ankle and left leg. No fun at all.

Rams

I had a similar accident and more injuries. The rod(s) they have put in his shin are to keep the bone straight. They are not inserted from knee to ankle but in holes drilled into the shin. I lost two inches of shin bone in my crash and nine months later when I was strong enough, they put an adjustable fixature in rather like an Olazimov frame if I spelt it right. Then the broke my shin near the knee and I had to screw the fixature down a clogged track 1 mm per day for about 50 days. New bone grew from the knee end and looked like milk in water on x-rays. Then they took bone from my hip to fill in the gaps. Screwed the Fibia back to my ankle. I could walk 18 months after the accident. If he plays Golf again, it will be a miracle. I was a similar age to him. He won every able to walk 5 or 6 miles a day on grass. I now have arthritis in both ankle and left leg. No fun at all.
I once broke my toenail playing football.

That’s pretty mad. You must be as tough has nails. Having said that, if anyone can get playing golf again Tiger Woods can. Which makes the whole accident weird, going off at high speed on a straight road. I assume the car was fitted with all the latest safety driving assistances and being Tiger Woods I guess he also has decent coordination and reflexes.

Carolina Red

Staff
I once broke my toenail playing football.

That’s pretty mad. You must be as tough has nails. Having said that, if anyone can get playing golf again Tiger Woods can. Which makes the whole accident weird, going off at high speed on a straight road. I assume the car was fitted with all the latest safety driving assistances and being Tiger Woods I guess he also has decent coordination and reflexes.
He wrecked in a curve on a road that’s infamous for wrecks happening on it.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...n-palos-verdes-now-there-might-be-real-change

Oh yeah, no juice?!?! You are very very wrong..
And yet you’re totally incapable of elaborating on what this “juice” is.

It’s fine just to admit you were wrong. Maintaining your stance without being able to provide even the most basic evidence of what was about to come out just makes you look silly.

The “tell all” from one of his mistresses (Rachel Uchitel) already occurred in the Tiger HBO doc... that was in late January.

Last edited:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
At first I thought it meant 'speed' the drug, but I guess it just means the normal meaning for speed right?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
At first I thought it meant 'speed' the drug, but I guess it just means the normal meaning for speed right?
Yes, it’d be referred to meth or something like that if that was the case. That’s rather fast for a 45mph zone.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yes, it’d be referred to meth or something like that if that was the case. That’s rather fast for a 45mph zone.
Not just that, but from what I remember that section of road is no joke. Of course I had a beat up old Corolla when I lived in LA, so there was no way it was hitting 85 going up that hill :).

Rams

And yet you’re totally incapable of elaborating on what this “juice” is.

It’s fine just to admit you were wrong. Maintaining your stance without being able to provide even the most basic evidence of what was about to come out just makes you look silly.

The “tell all” from one of his mistresses (Rachel Uchitel) already occurred in the Tiger HBO doc... that was in late January.
He’s doing 85mph and the theory is he hit the accelerator instead of the breaks. Ok..

I might be wrong, but the whole accident is weird and I’m only asking the questions and looking for answers.