Tim Sherwood the "pundit"

SER19

Do we have a history with this failed manager that I can't remember? It's not that he was saying united weren't good going forward today, that's fair, it's the venom that was in his voice as he moaned about mourinho culminating in "what are we supposed to do just big them up because they're Man Utd".

Rarely hear a pundit speak like a punter in a pub so blatantly in terms of us versus them.

A strangely bitter sad little man, has anybody else observed this failure at work? Certainly on par with Alan green in terms of unprofessional dislike of one club

Pre match quote: "the problem with Manchester United is that they aren't chasing city, it's that most of their players want to play for them."

Freak

Well he played for and managed Spurs. Hardly surprising he was on their side today.

ChaddyP

Do we have a history with this failed manager that I can't remember? It's not that he was saying united weren't good going forward today, that's fair, it's the venom that was in his voice as he moaned about mourinho culminating in "what are we supposed to do just big them up because they're Man Utd".

Rarely hear a pundit speak like a punter in a pub so blatantly in terms of us versus them.

A strangely bitter sad little man, has anybody else observed this failure at work? Certainly on par with Alan green in terms of unprofessional dislike of one club

Pre match quote: "the problem with Manchester United is that they aren't chasing city, it's that most of their players want to play for them."

Freak
Yeh was very butt hurt I thought. Didn't really care much though, it's Tim Sherwood, he knows feck all that's why he's not managing and just talks

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Was it him who said Lukaku consoling the Benfica keeper was all for the cameras too?

He knows a thing or two about playing up for the cameras, when he did about 6 times in every direction before leaving the pitch

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Yeah I heard that, Townsend quickly changed the subject though.

I find the Spurs praise OTT today, no Kane yes but our side is riddled with injuries too. For all their possession they could only manage to create solitary chance in course of 90 mins.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Most ludicrous thing i've read in a long time, and I read a few words from 50 shades. Why the feck would any of our players want to play for them?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He surprised me when he mentionned Alli diving. I mean that instance was completely censured or something. It was enjoyable hearing his pain.

SER19

Was it him who said Lukaku consoling the Benfica keeper was all for the cameras too?

He knows a thing or two about playing up for the cameras, when he did about 6 times in every direction before leaving the pitch

I remember this and the time he faked "passion" another post match defeat and just embarrassed himself

Werd.

A total gobshite. Could see Townsend cringe at some of his comments.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yeah I heard that, Townsend quickly changed the subject though.

I find the Spurs praise OTT today, no Kane yes but our side is riddled with injuries too. For all their possession they could only manage to create solitary chance in course of 90 mins.
Same. They were average at best. All through the game on Sky, Tyler, Neville and Redknapp were constantly talking about what Spurs have to do to win, that the game is there for them and how they should see it through. and barely mentioned our intent or chances of winning. It was like it was the almighty immovable force versus some minnow cannon fodder whose chances of winning is less than 1%. It was tiresome.

They looked the better side between the 15th and 40th minute. Either side of that, we were better. Overall, we had the better chances and caused them more problems. Apart from Alli's chance from point blank which he spooned wide, they didn't threaten. We hit the post, forced Lloris in to 2 saves, Lingard on the breakaway, the spill which Davies had to clear, the ball across goal which went through Lukaku's legs from a few yards out...

Listar

He said spurs came to win and united didn't. So bitter. Came to win with one decent effort. Arent Tottenham title challengers as well? If mourinho failed today, then he should be consistent and call for poch head. I mean didn't they say that one point against title rivals is not acceptable? What then losing to your title rivals? Sackable?

Mindhunter

Is there a particular reason why he hates us? He criticises us with a passion. Noticed it in the Spurs match as well.

Hargreaves on the other hand has been balanced and accurate.

SER19

Is there a particular reason why he hates us? He criticises us with a passion. Noticed it in the Spurs match as well.

Hargreaves on the other hand has been balanced and accurate.
He's actually foaming at the mouth, can't get his words out fast enough to criticise. Seems to have genuine deep seated issues that possible require psychiatric intervention

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He has no particular love for us either if it helps you any, he is a massive Gooner. Other than that he is just a prize asshole.

IrishRedDevil

So according to this clown, Uniteds biggest problem is that ALL our attacking players want to play for City.
He felt the need to make this random statement as a matter of fact, when he has probably never spoken a single word to a United player.

SER19

So according to this clown, Uniteds biggest problem is that ALL our attacking players want to play for City.
He felt the need to make this random statement as a matter of fact, when he has probably never spoken a single word to a United player.

Scroll up youl see he's been banging that drum for a few weeks I think he thinks it's a clever sound byte. I also think he's a pervert

Peanut Butter

He couldnt hide his personal hatred for Jose today!

Embarrassing bloke, a proper cringey idiot.

BT Sport, apart from Jenas, is dire.

Werd.

Having to watch this clown's shit eating grin is unbearable. Apparently, Lloris is the best goalkeeper in the league and Ederson is the second best.

Praveenwazza

He rates city's Ederson as the leagues 2nd best goal keeper only behind Hugo Lhoris.. Bitter cnut also said Watford manager Marco Silva is average at best, how he gets paid to talk BS is beyond me

Listar

Not sure if anyone heard, but this guy can't resist having a dig at Mourinho after a lost.

- No structure and plan
- Just put player out there and hope for the best
- Can't believe United are second with their style of play

Wow why is he so salty? :confused:

Hephaestus

That's the textbook broken clock is right twice a day. I don't agree with his last point but the first two are spot on even if they're coming from a complete clown.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not sure if anyone heard, but this guy can't resist having a dig at Mourinho after a lost.

- No structure and plan

I also struggle to believe this sometimes but it only goes to show how inconsistent Liverpool and Spurs are. They can look fantastic but they’ll never be a threat because they can’t find consistency.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

Freak
Sometimes pundits are just plain rubbish and there is no hidden agenda. He´s saying equally stupid things about other games and teams.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I also struggle to believe this sometimes but it only goes to show how inconsistent Liverpool and Spurs are. They can look fantastic but they’ll never be a threat because they can’t find consistency.
Mourinho is good at beating weaker teams consistently, especially at home. Then he´s trying to grind out results against the bigger sides, so they can´t gain any ground in the direct match-ups. That´s how you usually do well in a league. He´ll have to do that again in the upcoming big games, otherwise top 4 finish is in legit danger.

With Tottenham I think it was actually the massive amount of injuries combined with Champions League football that led to their inconsistency. Look at them flying for the last few weeks. They played United, Liverpool and Arsenall off the pitch, as they gain full strength and could focus mainly on the PL games.

Liverpool just cannot defend a lead (or finish a counter attack for more separation) to save their lives. If they had, City would at least have to sweat a little (6-8 points behind). They have dropped 10 or 12 points from leading positions this season already. That just does not happen to Mourinho teams.

Loon

:lol:

- No structure and plan

He was captain of a heavily financed Blackburn team which (by the skin of their teeth) won the Premier League with route one Football. They then went to pieces.

James Peril

He was captain of a heavily financed Blackburn team which (by the skin of their teeth) won the Premier League with route one Football. They then went to pieces.
You can have dig at Sherwood for being a terrible manager, small man and incompetent pundit - but his league title with Blackburn can't be washed away in my opinion.

Loon

:lol:
You can have dig at Sherwood for being a terrible manager, small man and incompetent pundit - but his league title with Blackburn can't be washed away in my opinion.
No, that wasn’t my point. Rather, Sherwood is not really in a position to criticise United’s style of play having been part of that Blackburn side. My opinion, of course.

Bojan11

No, that wasn’t my point. Rather, Sherwood is not really in a position to criticise United’s style of play having been part of that Blackburn side. My opinion, of course.
What?

It’s his opinion. Just like how you post yours on here. He can criticise what he wants. He didn’t set up how Blackburn play. He also wasn’t criticising our style. He was criticising our lack of style which is correct as we just do not know what to do in attack and make it up as we go along. Not sure what people will disagree with that?

He’s a cnut. But his latest analysis is a fair point.