Tim Sherwood the "pundit"

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Unlike Keown, I don't think his comments are that bad. Might be a bit controversial but there isn't a stinking emotional bias to it as there was with Keown's digs with Sanchez.

SER19

Sometimes pundits are just plain rubbish and there is no hidden agenda. He´s saying equally stupid things about other games and teams.
Since I made the thread I've seen him many more times, he does seem to try temper his dislike of united through references to our "great history" but he undoubtably hates Jose mourinho. He visibly seethes when discussing him, and it drives an agenda in my opinion

Loon

:lol:
What?

It’s his opinion. Just like how you post yours on here. He can criticise what he wants. He didn’t set up how Blackburn play. He also wasn’t criticising our style. He was criticising our lack of style which is correct as we just do not know what to do in attack and make it up as we go along. Not sure what people will disagree with that?

He’s a cnut. But his latest analysis is a fair point.

In your opinion, of course. Wow. That’s me told. Thanks. I love the FF.

Josep Dowling

I thought I would bump this thread with the latest drivel from him. Why does he have such an issue with United? This is an interview about Adama Traore of all players!

"He could go and play for Manchester City tomorrow," Tim Sherwood tells Sky Sports.

"Not Manchester United as he's not necessarily a Jose Mourinho player, but he could be a Pep Guardiola player and play free and loose. He could probably set the world alight. He has got those qualities. He is eye-catching and he gets people on the edge of their seats."

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Adama Traore? That headless sprinter at Boro? Is he still at Boro?

Sherwood is totally brainless if he thinks City are "free and loose" and don't play with incredibly well drilled positional discipline, especially in defensive transitions.

And also, Traore isn't very good.

Denis' cuff

What?

It’s his opinion. Just like how you post yours on here. He can criticise what he wants. He didn’t set up how Blackburn play. He also wasn’t criticising our style. He was criticising our lack of style which is correct as we just do not know what to do in attack and make it up as we go along. Not sure what people will disagree with that?

He’s a cnut. But his latest analysis is a fair point.
Missing the point, pal. Nobody is contesting his right to an opinion. He’s just consistently negative about United and a twat to boot. Embarrassing.

Bojan11

Missing the point, pal. Nobody is contesting his right to an opinion. He’s just consistently negative about United and a twat to boot. Embarrassing.
I’m not missing the point.

Read what the poster originally said. He said Sherwood couldn’t criticise Mourinhos negative style because he played for Blackburn. That’s like saying Roy Keane or Neville can not criticise managers because they failed as manager.

It’s just a silly logic to use against him. Yes he’s a stupid twat, but just because he played for a negative Blackburn team doesn’t mean he can’t give his opinion on teams being negative.

Preezy

Sherwood is a Proper Football Man, Jeff, so he knows the game inside out, which means if he succeeds it was coz of him and if he fails it was coz of them players what weren't playing for him, but he's a top top bloke and definitely not a xenophobic nancy boy like them what read books and the big newspapers without all the pictures, at the end of the day Jeff if he picks the team and it wins then he's a great manager and his team get 3 points, they'll be blowing hot but if they lose then they'll be blowing not hot which is to say they'd have lost but it definitely wouldn't be his fault because he knows the game, Clive.

Loon

I’m not missing the point.

Read what the poster originally said. He said Sherwood couldn’t criticise Mourinhos negative style because he played for Blackburn. That’s like saying Roy Keane or Neville can not criticise managers because they failed as manager.

It’s just a silly logic to use against him. Yes he’s a stupid twat, but just because he played for a negative Blackburn team doesn’t mean he can’t give his opinion on teams being negative.
It wasn’t silly logic, it was a throwaway comment you decided to jump on. His Blackburn team won the league with negative Football and he had no complaints then.

You just jumped on it because you concurred with Sherwwod’s opinion rather than just ignore me being bitchy. No problem. That’s life in the FF.

Bojan11

It wasn’t silly logic, it was a throwaway comment you decided to jump on. His Blackburn team won the league with negative Football and he had no complaints then.
See the key point they won the league. We haven’t come close despite what style of football we have played.

Loon

See the key point they won the league. We haven’t come close despite what style of football we have played.
It was horrible Football though. Listen, we’re on the same page, Bojan. I lived through Deadly Dave Sexton and Atkinson’s subsequent swashbuckling team was a great side to watch.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

You just jumped on it because you concurred with Sherwwod’s opinion rather than just ignore me being bitchy. No problem. That’s life in the FF.
Well no, he wasn't a pundit then. Just because he played for a negative side doesn't mean now as a pundit he can't give his opinion on sides he deems negative... (Not that I agree with his criticism of United at all)

On the topic of Sherwood, he is terrible. At everything.

Loon

Well no, he wasn't a pundit then. Just because he played for a negative side doesn't mean now as a pundit he can't give his opinion on sides he deems negative... (Not that I agree with his criticism of United at all)
It was a glib, throwaway comment I REALLY wish I hadn’t made, especially in the FF.

Loon

Fair enough, I do agree with your Sherwood assessment, he’s awful
I wonder if his bitterness toward United stems from his Blackburn side, which genuinely limped over the finish line in 1995, not getting the credit he thinks it should?

Hephaestus

I wonder if his bitterness toward United stems from his Blackburn side, which genuinely limped over the finish line in 1995, not getting the credit he thinks it should?
I don't think he's bitter towards United to be honest, I think he's just a thick twat who can't think beyond the most obvious cliches.

Listar

Sherwood talking shite about united again. Luckily shearer is there to put him in his place. Respect, shearer. Talking sense and not let the idiot peddle his agenda about money spent, Liverpool pragmatism bla bla bla. This sherwood guy really likes to put us and more so mourinho down whenever he could. :houllier:

Traub

It's more got to do with Mourinho I think. IIRC, Mourinho was quite critical of Sherwood when Sherwood was managing Spurs.

freeurmind

weak willed
Please get this man off my television. He's somehow making Michael Owen look knowledgeable today.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"Christian Eriksen wanted to leave the club because he wants to go to a club where he thinks he can win trophies. I believe that's a difficult task, to find a club better than Tottenham to win trophies."

AJ10

Talk about saying stupid shit so you can have more tv time or he's a certain Cafe resident. :lol::lol:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Not withstanding that Sherwood is a massive clown, I do wonder if his comment came out not as he intended it to. I thought that the point he was trying to convey was not that there aren't teams better placed to win trophies, but that Eriksen has no guarantee that the clubs that are better placed will sign him.

SambaBoy

Not withstanding that Sherwood is a massive clown, I do wonder if his comment came out not as he intended it to. I thought that the point he was trying to convey was not that there aren't teams better placed to win trophies, but that Eriksen has no guarantee that the clubs that are better placed will sign him.
Yeah that's the way I took it.

It's like when fans and the media crictise managers for not winning trophies like Poch for example now. If Poch wins the LC and FA Cup every year now for the next 5 years but don't progress in the PL and go out relatively early in the CL, are fans going to be calling him a genius because he wins trophies?

Realistically there are only 2 trophies that count for the top 6, both of which are incredibly hard to win.

Beagle

Even if you put his bias aside, he's a pretty shit pundit. Spouts cliches all the time and makes it sound like a revelation.

Ixillis

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Even if you put his bias aside, he's a pretty shit pundit. Spouts cliches all the time and makes it sound like a revelation.
He's an absolute cretin, and he looks like an owl. What levy was thinking giving him the managers job, I'll never know.

As for his punditry, he just opens his mouth and lets the wind blow his tongue about, just awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yeah that's the way I took it.

It's like when fans and the media crictise managers for not winning trophies like Poch for example now. If Poch wins the LC and FA Cup every year now for the next 5 years but don't progress in the PL and go out relatively early in the CL, are fans going to be calling him a genius because he wins trophies?

Realistically there are only 2 trophies that count for the top 6, both of which are incredibly hard to win.
Spurs have won one trophy in god knows how many years. They're in no position to be saying they're too big for the domestic cup competitions. Last night was another reminder that they are anything but winners.

Chief123

How do mediocre pundits like him even get the job? Like literally no research in what they say.

He just said commentary that “Sancho looks lost playing on the left hand side. He played all his time on the right hand side for Dortmund”.

He’s literally just made it up. Sancho in fact had better stats from the left than the right at Dortmund last season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Came here for this. I can’t believe we live in a world where managers are sacked so frequently but these so called pundits can get away with such absolute BS!
tbf they're on Soccer Saturday, that's TalkSport level of who gives a shit what they say

Honestly don't know what point Sherwood was trying to make about the academy? Mejbri came on the other night, Elanga's been involved all season, that without mentioning the likes of Rashford and Greenwood and our academy is still producing players who are given first team minutes more than most clubs in the league

Tarrou

not available in my location but still enjoyed it vicariously through the comments