Television Time

Deery

Dreary
Anyone watch this just finished all three episodes on BBC I player, it’s a prison drama with Sean Bean and Stephen Graham, directed by Jimmy McGovern.

Was very good one of the best things I’ve watched all year, brutal and realistic.

CallyRed

Yeah watched all three on Sunday night.

Was very good. Thought Sean Bean was excellent.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah finished it last night. Superb TV.

One thing I found silly was the idea that they'd let prisoners in a maximum security prison full of murderers and thugs have their own kettles but you can forgive that.

Bean is brilliant in it, I'd say he'll sweep up some awards.

Deery

Dreary
Yeah finished it last night. Superb TV.

One thing I found silly was the idea that they'd let prisoners in a maximum security prison full of murderers and thugs have their own kettles but you can forgive that.

Bean is brilliant in it, I'd say he'll sweep up some awards.
That scene stuck with me…

I’m not sure but I think they do allow kettles in prison, I’ve heard of that kind of attack before

Bobade

Yeah I think the kettle thing is something that does happen.

Absolutely amazing performance from Sean Bean, the whole cast was fantastic tbh but that was a career best from him in my eyes. Very hard watching though - felt pretty uncomfortable for a lot of it. I find the UK prison films/TV much harder watching in general - American ones can be brutal but it feels like another world so it doesn't hit as hard.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just finished this. Thought it was pretty good, quite heart-wrenching at times and it did feel very grounded in reality. Prisons really do seem like chaos from what I've seen of them through drama and documentaries.

Habs

Really good show, great performances from Sean Bean and Stephen Graham. Could’ve easily watched more of that, but somehow 3 episodes seems perfect

G-manc

As accurate as i've seen on the screen of a UK prison.

bsCallout

Will binge watch Sunday. Big fan of both actors. Stephen Graham is a quality actor.

Roane

Watched this. Great little series.

Didn't realize that was Stephen grahams real wife with him

Watched this. Great little series.

Didn't realize that was Stephen grahams real wife with him
didnt realise this either until I heard an interview with Chris Moyles the other day.

terrific series.

At some points it was absolutely brutal. Outstanding performances as well.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just started this, midway through episode one.

Feck me I wouldn't know what to do if the bloke I'm sharing a cell with claims he's HIV positive whilst bleeding all over the floor

Deery

Dreary
Just started this, midway through episode one.

Feck me I wouldn't know what to do if the bloke I'm sharing a cell with claims he's HIV positive whilst bleeding all over the floor
It’s gritty as feck isn’t it..

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s gritty as feck isn’t it..
I paused it yesterday when the nutter was taken away. Sat down tonight to continue and within minutes some bloke tossed boiling water over another bloke. It’s fecking chaotic.

Deery

Dreary
I paused it yesterday when the nutter was taken away. Sat down tonight to continue and within minutes some bloke tossed boiling water over another bloke. It’s fecking chaotic.
I think the Welsh fella that plays him is a very good young actor as well he was in the pact recently too and was very good.

Last edited:

Tarrou

I enjoyed it, Sean Bean was class

one thing I thought was a bit weak

the guy who helped him fight the bully with training that amounted to "just hit harder", but even the hard punches were weak as piss..

and then the bully just backed off after the fight when he clearly could've fecked up Sean Bean with one hand tied behind his back

just felt a bit unrealistic how that played out

TheReligion

Abusive
I enjoyed it, Sean Bean was class

one thing I thought was a bit weak

the guy who helped him fight the bully with training that amounted to "just hit harder", but even the hard punches were weak as piss..

and then the bully just backed off after the fight when he clearly could've fecked up Sean Bean with one hand tied behind his back

just felt a bit unrealistic how that played out
Yeah it did seem weak. I can only assume he kept the bullys mates away as he promised but I expected him to help a bit more than that scene in the cell.

He's the horrible fecker who played the baddie in series one of Line of Duty.

TheReligion

Abusive
Good show. I particularly liked how there were two different stories being played out almost entirely independently of one another but each involving some of the same characters and location. Was fascinating to see how it came together and quite ironic how it panned out at the end.

I would have also liked to have seen how Eric was getting on after a year and think that would have finished it nicely.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Used to work with the lad that plays Pete in this (I think it's Pete? Not watched it yet). Sounds like it's quite a step up as a role, so that's cool.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Finally watched this. Feels very gritty and realistic. So much so that the ending kinda suffered for it a little? It just sort of petered out, as you'd expect in real life really. But a very good mini series nonetheless