Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Nick7

I think he’s a great player, he’s just not suited to this Chelsea team at all. I really don’t think Lampard or anyone at Chelsea thought about how they would fit him and Havertz into the side when they bought them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Here we are with Martial having 5 goals and 6 assists (18 matches) and Werner has 8 goals and 6 assists (24 matches) this season. Werner started hot but has now gone really cold.
Yes let’s use stats again, worked real well for Werner the first time...I’ll say it again, Martial is a far far better player.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
But is he a Lampard signing ?
A common question on here whenever a signing we've made doesn't hit it straight off.

KennyBurner

He is a much worse signing than havertz. not athletic enough, not agile enough and terrible technician on the ball. Only thing he excels at is running in a straight line. Bundesliga is such a sheltered league.

cyberman

Hes a Vardy knockoff at this stage.
He would actually do far better at Leicester with sides not packing 11 in the box, but then are sides even doing that v Chelsea?
Its not even low blocks thats frustrating them

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hes a Vardy knockoff at this stage.
He would actually do far better at Leicester with sides not packing 11 in the box, but then are sides even doing that v Chelsea?
Its not even low blocks thats frustrating them
Not sure that he's even that good. He's more an Ayoze Perez knock off

Idxomer

Havertz looks to have the potential.

Werner, I don't see it at all.

KennyBurner

I know people say he's not a wide player but ,on the few times Chelsea did break, he did naturally move into wider positions.
I cant imagine Lampard telling his main forward to consistently go wide when they had zero options in the box.

I think Werner, in that respect, is very much like Rashford. Playing wise that is.
Unfortunately for Chelsea fans rashford actually has the athleticism and end product to go with it. Werner cant even perform a simple dribble to go with his pace. He is no threat unless he can get behind a tap in.

I said it months ago, if lampard wants to save his job he needs to swallow his pride and bench Werner for Tammy.

meamth

Said it before.

There is no successful German player in the premier league.

Every "top" German player playing in England have been a failure.

There aren't many German wonderkids in PL history who developed to be a world class player either, weird stuff.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Said it before.

There aren't many German wonderkids in PL history who developed to be a world class player either, weird stuff.
Mostly true but Leroy Sane was certainly an exception.

Sylar

That you stop play and retake the corner.
I know what happened as a result, but what is the rule?

In the situation that a corner taker kicks the ball and the corner flag at the same time, it must be retaken?

Castia

The goal drought is one thing but his all-round performances are just awful, he can barely control the ball.

Charlie Foley

Said it before.

Was Ballack a failure at Chelsea?

C'est Moi Cantona

His confidence is clearly shot, but ealry on when I watched him and I was jealous, it won't be the first time Chelsea have messed up with a top player, and I'd take at United tomorrow.

Charlie Foley

Also Gundogan, Hamann, Mertesacker...even the likes of Hitzlsperger, Huth were hardly failures. Lehmann the last Arsenal keeper to win the league, and got them to a CL final. Can we say Leno is a failure?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I do think he'll become a good goalscorer eventually for Chelsea but he misses a lot of easy chances, he did for Leipzig too.
The worrying thing is, that before when he was missing all those chances, you could at least say he's still getting into these positions and if he keeps doing that, he'll find his shooting boots eventually, but he is not even getting any chances anymore. Hasn't had a clear chance in weeks.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Weird how he already has two 20+ goal domestic seasons under his belt; he doesn’t seem like he has that innate killer instinct to his game. Seems a mid 10s for goals type of forward.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Also Gundogan, Hamann, Mertesacker...even the likes of Hitzlsperger, Huth were hardly failures. Lehmann the last Arsenal keeper to win the league, and got them to a CL final. Can we say Leno is a failure?
Schalke reject Fuchs won the league with Leicester. :lol:

Godfather

He looks incredibly daft. I know footballers don't need to be geniuses but he has the look of a guy that's overwhelmed by the alphabet.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah, imagine how the LaLiga fans must've talked about the sheltered PL, when they saw Hazard play for Madrid ...
Eden Hazard is the worst moneytransfer in football history. Bought for a incredible fee and not lived up to the promise a single day in Madrid.

About Timo Werner.. it's hard to say, but he's playing with 0% confidence and that probably weighs heavily on him. Maybe seeing a sports psychologist would be a good helping hand at this stage. He's performing well below talent.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Looks very one dimensional and just runs about a lot not doing much. Watching him now just makes me think he wouldn't do the role what Jota was signed for. Run and press, play across our front three, play off a fellow striker etc. He just looks like he needs space in front of him all the time to do anything. Glad we saw sense and opt-out when we did.

KennyBurner

Yeah, imagine how the LaLiga fans must've talked about the sheltered PL, when they saw Hazard play for Madrid ...
Hazard is just unprofessional. He put on massive weight before he even stepped foot in Madrid.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Playing with no confidence and at this point he's lost the confidence of his team-mates, Mount skipped him out for CHO for the goal and he gets ignored an awful lot when he's in space. He's earned it by losing the ball so frequently and fluffing his chances but he's in a vicious circle at the moment. Still think he might justify his price but I don't see anyway he's a solution to Chelsea's striker issues.

Red_Jamie

His confidence is clearly shot, but ealry on when I watched him and I was jealous, it won't be the first time Chelsea have messed up with a top player, and I'd take at United tomorrow.
Nothing to be jealous of when we've got a better version in Rashford who's home grown, Mancunian, a lifelong fan who'll never look to leave.

Traub

Is it purely nostalgia that has me remembering Ballack being an absolute baller for Chelsea? Also, without Hargreaves we wouldn’t have won the double in 08 imo, so even though he didn’t work out for long, he was successful I think.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Is it purely nostalgia that has me remembering Ballack being an absolute baller for Chelsea? Also, without Hargreaves we wouldn’t have won the double in 08 imo, so even though he didn’t work out for long, he was successful I think.
He is not German, which is what the (stupid) argument is about.

Traub

He is not German, which is what the (stupid) argument is about.
Oh my bad, thought it was bundesliga players.
Anyway, I think Werner would’ve done well at Liverpool - this Chelsea squad are all trying to develop together (including the manager), so it’s clearly going to go through many downs along the way.