Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

I can't believe someone would lose all their ability in the span of 6 months. He's just shot of confidence imo
Remember Timo was really hyped by many on Twitter and other forums. He was hyped as the type of player United should be signing and an upgrade on what we have here... whilst I won’t write him off as he’s still young I also would say that I haven’t seen him play enough to judge his potential. I can confidently say that I’ve seen enough of Rashford / Martial to believe that they can become world class and are already in the top tier for their age group.

With Werner, I’ve done a search on here to see what people on this forum said about him. Whilst many hyped him, it seems the ones who actually watched him play regularly felt he was only average overall ability and a player who excelled in the right system due to his pace and movement.

Rossa

You can't have seem much of him. He's certainly looked fast.
I haven’t seen all that much of him, but when I have, his top speed isn’t that much to brag about. Even for that chance he missed, he was almost caught, and that was some head start as well. His speed isn’t a concern, but Mikhi was also said to be fast, arrived in the PL and was average at best. Either way, speed isn’t Werner’s biggest concern at the moment.

AshRK

He looks short of confidence. It's not just the finishing but his overall play also doesn't look good. Maybe patience will be the key. Too early to call him flop.

passing-wind

He's got a lot within his arsenal to be a good striker. I've said it for months on end all the way back to seeing Germany in the world cup, he's not a prolific / clinical striker but rather one who would work wonders in a 2 man upfront system.

Think the Chelsea fans are going to need to have some more patience for him to potentially return the goods.

Trequarista10

Is he a worse finisher than Danny Welbeck was for us? Is a Welbeck comparison unfair?

I like Werner tbh, think he is nearly excellent and will be/would be lethal if he could fine tune his end product, which may or may not ever happen.

If he doesn't then you gotta say Pulisic offers more as an inside LWF as his all round game is better, and a Giroud/Abraham striker would be better as a number 9.

Anyway, he's a Chelsea player so best to enjoy their frustration and disappointment at the moment, but I'd be wary of writing him off.

Idxomer

Has his technique alway been this bad? Because if so, I don't think he will be a success short or long term at any top team.

Caerus Little

Supports
Competition and Underdogs
Looks like a player who needs a lot of time to adjust to new circumstances or like a player who thrives in very specific surroundings. Maybe he is a German Ciro Immobile.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Can't take player rating seriously from someone called "TrustInJanuzaj".

I'm really sorry. It would be like taking advice on good food from "ILoveMySteaksWellDone".
:wenger: ...but I like my steaks done rare

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I think he just needs a string of games up top, and not on the left wing.
I fear Chelsea can hit it well next season if they can get Zyiech, Havertz and Pulisic to click behind him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like a player who needs a lot of time to adjust to new circumstances or like a player who thrives in very specific surroundings. Maybe he is a German Ciro Immobile.
A colleague of mine who is German and supports Bayern *shudder* has always called him the ultimate system player, and he was saying this way before he was even linked with Liverpool. He's a Bayern fan though, so y'know grain of salt and all that.

Blackwidow

Hasenhüttl about Werner (I do not know from where the quote is - could be either of a German interview that was translated)

He said: 'I know Timo very well and I have seen him in situations where he was not good.

'Most of the time when I have seen this is because of the reason that the game doesn't fit to him. The team didn't play in the way he can bring his best on the pitch, I think.

'He is definitely a player where you have to adapt your game on him. If you do this, he will give you everything you need from a striker.

'But therefore, he has some qualities you really have to focus on. The good thing for him, I think at Leipzig when I was there, is we concentrated completely on his qualities.

'With our quick transitions after winning the ball, it was perfect for our game. Also when he was with Julian [Nagelsmann], he was also scoring a lot of goals.

But yeah, you really need to bring him into his best position so he can bring his strength on the pitch and then for me, he is one of the best strikers in Europe.'

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Who could have predicted he'd be so shit that Abraham would be picked ahead of him, he was meant to be the signing that upgraded Abraham :lol:

GameOn

Who could have predicted he'd be so shit that Abraham would be picked ahead of him, he was meant to be the signing that upgraded Abraham :lol:
Am I allowed to act all smug and play the "I for one have always said that Werner is a bang average player"- card?

Hester_manc

Timo Werner comes up with a lot of chances, which he currently misses. Last season, he scored 34 goals in Germany in all competitions. I'm sure he's going to be a success for Chelsea sooner or later. I would rather think that Kai Havertz is a dubious signing for Chelsea. I can not see at all why he cost between 62 and 71 million. pound. I think that will be a total waste of money

SAFMUTD

I dont think he's at bad as he seems, is just that Chelsea is really poor at the moment. Their system requires a certain striker such as Giroud, one that holds the ball and is good on the air, Werner is not that type of striker, if anything he's more on an inside winger rather than a striker. For the price they paid I still think he's worth the risk but as long as Chelsea continue to play shit he won't be getting many chances and his morale will definitely hit rock bottom.

tomaldinho1

In the same way Haller was crap as a lone forward for WHUM, Werner looks awful without someone to play off. If they aren't going to use him there, might as well just sell him/loan him out

DRM

How much did they spunk on him? Too early to throw him into Chelsea's striker graveyard?