Timo Werner to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If we pull this off ill be pleased with him and Ziyech so far. Still think a LB, CB and winger needed, too

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hahaha, so much for believing in Tammy Abraham and "youth"
Werner has played out wide before so could do so again + the majority of clubs that win the league will have as much quality in back-up compared to the first xi. Willian, Giroud, Pedro are all aging and on their way out so to have options of Abraham, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner, Hudson-Odoi isn't a bad thing and it definitely isn't a sign of not believing in youth.

cyberman

Werner has played out wide before so could do so again + the majority of clubs that win the league will have as much quality in back-up compared to the first xi. Willian, Giroud, Pedro are all aging and on their way out so to have options of Abraham, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner, Hudson-Odoi isn't a bad thing and it definitely isn't a sign of not believing in youth.
All but two of them were bought in. And one is being replaced by a superstar?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would be a good signing for Chelsea. I don’t think I rate him as highly as many do, but still.

Ziyech hitting the ground running is what it all depends on, I reckon. Otherwise they still look very bereft in terms of creativity.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
All but two of them were bought in. And one is being replaced by a superstar?
What's your point? How is Abraham being replaced by Werner? Do you already know the starting line-up for Chelsea next season?

Unless you're ignoring Tomori, James, Mount, Loftus-Cheek etc too. Just because you bring in players it doesn't mean you can't also believe in youth. It isn't feasible to have a squad fuil of youth products winning the league in the present and Chelsea have to maintain a balance between bringing youth through and also getting top 4/being in a title challenge.

laughtersassassin

Is this guy really that reliable? Cause I don't believe we are in for Harvetz like he says.

Wouldn't make any sense for us.

Now I reckon this is true but I expect Liverpool to steal him at the final hurdle.

We saw from the Allison deal Liverpool have this strategy of underpromise and over deliver. There was a clear brief by their media that he was deemed too expensive and that they where not interested in the deal anymore.

About a week later it was wrapped up under the asking price. Which was crazy enough considering what Kepa went for.

I reckon this is their plan again. They started to claim they wouldn't pay the the buy out clasue in the hope of getting him even cheaper. If Chelsea meet it I suspect they will too.

Obviously all this is conjecture but it is how I reckon it will play out. Let's pray Chelsea do get him so as one it will scupper Liverpool's plan and two should give us a free run at Sancho.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Messed about too much on that one. Could've had it done ages ago and didn't move on him for whatever reason.

Could be financial constraints I suppose. Good signing for Chelsea.

Nickosaur

Liverpool miss out on a major target and this will most likely end Chelsea’s interest in Sancho.
Would Liverpool turn to Sancho?

Actually they probably can't afford him if they were trying to lowball Leipzig over Werner!

laughtersassassin

Messed about too much on that one. Could've had it done ages ago and didn't move on him for whatever reason.

See my comment above mate. Does it not seem eerily similar to you?

I wouldn't count yourselves out just yet

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Great news from our perspective, they're already basically out of the race for Sancho but this would confirm it. Although I think singing Ziyech basically killed off any chance they had of him anyway.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hahaha, so much for believing in Tammy Abraham and "youth"
Werner isn't playing as a classic no 9 at Leipzig. He always had either Poulsen or Schick leading the line for him. If Chelsea want to play him as a lone striker in a 433 they could have a rude awakening, he was fairly invisible for Germany in a similar role.

laughtersassassin

Maybe but I think Chelsea are normally efficient when it comes to getting transfers done.
That's true too. Was it confirmed the buyout expire in like 10 days or something?

So we should no soon enough because I doubt either of yous would risk waiting till after as he is worth more than his buyout for sure.

Hard to get a good striker these days.

Top class ones haven't developed since Aguero Lee's Suarez etc. Been a gap in striker quality in the lads coming through past few years.

Not saying Werner will be that tier of striker but who knows. He has more potential than most.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Don't want much do you, jesus. Hahahaha
That is literally our targets for this summer if you read any of our club fed journos. OR usual journos. Pedro, Willian off. One of the left backs hence the Chilwell pursuit. And it's been long mooted Lampard wants a Cb, too.

I think the talk this summer is that Roman will dip into his own wealth if needed to fund some marquee deals

cyberman

What's your point? How is Abraham being replaced by Werner? Do you already know the starting line-up for Chelsea next season?

Unless you're ignoring Tomori, James, Mount, Loftus-Cheek etc too. Just because you bring in players it doesn't mean you can't also believe in youth. It isn't feasible to have a squad fuil of youth products winning the league in the present and Chelsea have to maintain a balance between bringing youth through and also getting top 4/being in a title challenge.
Abraham doesn't start in front of Giroud, never mind Timo. He wont be a Chelsea player in 2 years time. Isnt he asking for ridiculous wages as well?
Chrlsea are in the same boat as us. Theres no way they arent taking advatage of this market. Player was Liverpool bound, they now cant afford him so Chelsea swoop in.
It will be the same for player X, Y and Z down the line.

Infra-red

Good news
Not so sure that this is great news for United.

I don't think he significantly improves Liverpool (a side already substantially better than us). However, he does significantly improve a top 4 rival, in Chelsea.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not so sure that this is great news for United.

I don't think he significantly improves Liverpool (a side already substantially better than us). However, he does significantly improve a top 4 rival, in Chelsea.
Yeah, but it gives us a huge opportunity for Sancho who basically completes our team. We're better than Chelsea and the end of the season will likely reflect that.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Werner will often play with Tammy if we sign him. He's not a replacement.

Also, I think United fans can stop even mentioning us in relation to Sancho. We almost certainly ended our interest after we signed Ziyech. Even if we hadn't signed him we'd be priced out. It's either United or Real Madrid for him, so relax.

Infra-red

Yeah, but it gives us a huge opportunity for Sancho who basically completes our team. We're better than Chelsea and the end of the season will likely reflect that.
I was under the impression that most of the links between Sancho and Chelsea dried up some time ago. It's not inconceivable that Liverpool will decide/have decided to pursue Sancho, themselves.

Essentially, it is very difficult to know, with such limited information, whether Werner to Chelsea is good or bad news for us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That is literally our targets for this summer if you read any of our club fed journos. OR usual journos. Pedro, Willian off. One of the left backs hence the Chilwell pursuit. And it's been long mooted Lampard wants a Cb, too.

I think the talk this summer is that Roman will dip into his own wealth if needed to fund some marquee deals
We have same list of targets every summer. We rarely get them all or even most.

If you get Werner and Chilwell in addition to Ziyech you've had a blinder. Lampard isn't going to throw his young players away just like that. He's definitely not the sort. Too much fifa mate me thinks. Chelsea have an amazing crop of young talent and all you want is 6 signings. Haven't you learned the lesson?

Morpheus 7

Still think he'll be going to Liverpool, wouldn't be going panic stations just yet.
Bit of poker going on with Liverpool and the price, this is RB bluffing I think to b make you lot pay up.

edcunited1878

Chelsea's problems aren't in attack, their short comings are defensive and in goal. In addition, their central midfield is a bit open at times which isn't good if you have Jorghinho as part of your defensive block. Werner is a good talent and much more consistent, but don't see him lining up as a right forward or on the right side when there's Ziyech, CHO, Pulisic, and Mount playing from the flanks.

If you're Abraham, do you start looking for a new club in the next year or two? Spurs could move Kane, Arsenal could move PEA, City need a new center forward but not sure if he's that much better than Jesus.

Tony247

Strange world. Media is reporting it is done deal for Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.