Timo Werner to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I've a feeling this is going to be another Shevchenko / Mkhitaryan type player.

On a recent podcast I was litening to the journalist seemed to imply he has a bit of a fragile mentality about his own ability (needed Klopp to tell him it was about money and not abliity that Liverpool were backing away) and so if he gets off to a difficult start in English football, he may not recover.

He'll score 35 goals next season now I've said this!
That's very true. I always get the feeling from watching him that he's a confidence player with periods of up and down form.

There was an incident in a UCL match in Turkey (can't remember the Turkish club) where Werner had to go off because of the noise level and didn't play for a couple more weeks, he also suffered a drop in form after that and ended up having a medicore season. So there is doubt about how he'l handle the pressure especially if he doesn't start off well. For his career, I would've preferred if he moved to Liverpool. Klopp is the perfect coach, both as a person and in terms of tactics, to develop Werner more. Werner already became a much better player this season under Nagelsmann so Klopp would've taken his game to another level. Not sure how he'l fare under Lampard.

One thing that Lampard needs to do is give him freedom to play across the front 3, that is something Nagelsmann has done and it's reflected in his all round stats (high goals and assists). One thing I love about Werner is how direct he is, he will always move forward with the ball and take shots when possible. Chelsea fans though would need to be prepared for some poor performances mixed in with great ones.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
40 goals and 29 assists between them this season.
It’s the one thing Chelsea desperately lacked in the team and they’ve made two very smart signings to remedy that. Doesn’t always work out perfectly in practice as it does on paper but that’s a very good start.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Two great signings by Chelsea so far. Mixture of youth and experience in both and addresses two of their major issues before any other club can get their noses in.

TheReligion

Abusive
Werner and Ziyech (two of the best attacking players in Europe) for a combined ~£80m. The same fee Leicester City are demanding for.......Ben Chilwell. A perfect illustration of how ludicrous the "English tax" is.
Two of the best attacking players in Europe? :lol:

You've done well but no need to try and hype it up even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.