Timo Werner

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
The game against St. Petersburg right now was going in favor of your statement, but then he just set up the 1-0 with an incredible heel flick :D

And then he fecked up the dead certain 2-0. Well...
I did say I like him, so his wonderful assist doesn't contradict my post :)

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I like Werner, he's a very good player, but he's not good enough for Bayern. We need to shop one drawer above.
We're not going to sign Mbappe, mate:lol:
Anyway, with the likely signing of Arp, I don't think we're going to make an effort for Werner.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Reminds me of an Aguero. Light on this feet, good strength, quick as lightening.

He'll be big signing whenever he leaves Leipzig. Might go Bayern with Lewandowski wanting to leave?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Reminds me of an Aguero. Light on this feet, good strength, quick as lightening.

He'll be big signing whenever he leaves Leipzig. Might go Bayern with Lewandowski wanting to leave?
Obviously. Bayern would never let the next German superstar striker go elsewhere.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Hmm I don't know...he looks like your typical small and pacey forward in the mould of Defoe etc but I haven't seen anything 'special' yet.

Lyricist

Not a special game from him but the service was nonexistant. Mexico did well to not allow him any space to use his pace.

Aboutreika18

Hmm I don't know...he looks like your typical small and pacey forward in the mould of Defoe etc but I haven't seen anything 'special' yet.
Defoe's an odd comparison since he was comfortably under 6ft, just into the 170s whereas Werner is just under 6ft, into the 180s.

Both are/were quick but Defoe had a great strike on him, even from distance but overall his game was limited whereas Werner has the technical ability to play out wide and affect the game in a way Defoe never did.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Nevermind Werner, should sign Brandt based on that screaming effort he had alone :eek:

Incredible technique.

James Peril

Nevermind Werner, should sign Brandt based on that screaming effort he had alone :eek:

Incredible technique.
You can’t possibly applaud a shot that went outside the goal from 12 yards? Great attempt, but he didn’t even hit target :D

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You can’t possibly applaud a shot that went outside the goal from 12 yards? Great attempt, but he didn’t even hit target :D
Can and will. Incredible technique. Was from outside the box btw.

Acole9

Outstanding
First half he looked decent, had a real eye for goal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he's been utter garbage, I mean, not saying much with Germany being as they are. Certainly doesn't look ready for the top level yet.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Seems like a technically poor pace-merchant to me, although this is the first time I'm watching him. Certainly doesn't play like a striker, he's never in the box :houllier:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Utter trash this tournament. Wasted a great chance in every game but people still had the gaul to say he was playing well.

He simply does not have the mentality to play in the big games, he froze in the UCL and froze here. God we missed Klose's mentality.

I overrated him alot. Has a lot to do before he is even near world class.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Worth mentioning that he found his best form at RBL who are a fast tempo, high pressing, counter attacking team. Plus they usually play 4-4-2 with Poulsen or Augustin there to hold the ball up. He was not going to be very effective with the very slow build up player Germany has had all tournament.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He was playing on the wing against defenses that were defending deep, he was never going to look good.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
So it’s safe to say opinion has been split on this lad over the last month : )

I didn’t see anything too great about him but lots of good players have bad world cups, is he that big of a talent or is he actually overrated? How good can he become?

maniwin

Must be one of the most shite German forward ever , they used to have striker such as Klinsmann , Bierhoff or Klose,, I remember him playing in friendly wasting chance over chances and finally only scored a tap-in. Bad dribbler, bad shooter, movement and hold-up play non-existence , i rather having big tall slow striker but good goal scorer than him, as a striker , you have to be clinical first before anything else.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’ve only seen him play 3 times, all at this World Cup. And on that evidence, he’s awful. I assume he has more to his game than he’s shown here.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Worth mentioning that he found his best form at RBL who are a fast tempo, high pressing, counter attacking team. Plus they usually play 4-4-2 with Poulsen or Augustin there to hold the ball up. He was not going to be very effective with the very slow build up player Germany has had all tournament.
Not entirely true. His record for Germany going into the tournament was 8 goals in 12 matches, his form this club season wasn't even that great but fans still had hope because he was playing very well for Germany during that time.

I think he folded under the massive pressure and expectations though. He just looked under confident whenever he got a shot at goal, usually very clinical.

the_irish123

That super german looking kid that would get subbed on at 75th minute looked the best player for them by far. I wonder why he didn't start ahead of Ozil or Werner.

Zlatattack

Apparently RB Liepzig will sell him in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract. Don't want to let him leave on a free.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently RB Liepzig will sell him in the summer if he doesn't sign a new contract. Don't want to let him leave on a free.
Apparently Bayern are interested, but they'd have to pay Pulisic type money for them to be within a chance. Klopp has longterm interest in the player. I'd Imagine Chelsea and Maybe City would be interested as well.

Zlatattack

Apparently Bayern are interested, but they'd have to pay Pulisic type money for them to be within a chance. Klopp has longterm interest in the player. I'd Imagine Chelsea and Maybe City would be interested as well.
Good point. Chelsea are after a striker apparently.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Heard he can play right wing forward? Could he dove tail with Rashford, swapping roles in the game?

L1nk

Would love to see us sign him, he could be a great asset in a fluid attacking unit, he doesn't strictly stick to centre forward, he can play along the front line, interchange, if the price is right i'd say we should go for it, he would link up well with the rest of the young lads we got and we'd have a deadly attacking unit.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Heard he can play right wing forward? Could he dove tail with Rashford, swapping roles in the game?
Absolutely, he's accustomed to playing in the channels as well as centrally and pretty much interchanges all the time with Poulsen for Leipzig.

A front 3 of Martial, Rashford and Werner would be terrifying in terms of pace, technical ability and fluidity. If we do manage to sign him and all 3 reach their potential i would wager us winning the CL in the near future.

But he is most likely Bayern bound with Ribery and Robben retiring and i'm guessing they will start phasing out Lewandowski soon too.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's too similar to Rashford and of a similar age, don't think it's worth buying him.

Both are quick and like to move to the wings, where they can equally comfortable, allowing for a fluid system. While Rashford is better at dribbling, Werner has better finishing.

He would be perfect for Liverpool as a replacement for either either of the front three. I would like him to go to Bayern though, a brand new and fresh front three with Werner, Gnabry and Coman/Hudson Odoi (if signed).

EDIT: He can fulfill the role at RW though in place of Lingard/Sanchez so actually he might be worth buying. Would love him here :D

SoCross

What’s the Caf thinking on this kid?

Just saw a tidbit of the game against Bayern now, his movement seems pretty good.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What’s the Caf thinking on this kid?

Just saw a tidbit of the game against Bayern now, his movement seems pretty good.
I would sign him, but he's probably going to Bayern.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Massive overpay whoever ends up buying him. Very overrated in my opinion.

passing-wind

Massive overpay whoever ends up buying him. Very overrated in my opinion.
Thought the same, the fact that Germany have lacked a clinical striker since Klose retired and he was shocking at the world cup provides its own insights.