Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Well if it helps , he's probably Ghana choose to play for Holland
:lol: but no, it doesn't help :(

Me too, definitely. Though at least this way he doesnt have to compete in the ACN.
I don't have any gripes with the ACN, but i'm biased obviously.

You both are curses.

He's just got an injury that rules him out for the friendlies.

EDIT: (Source)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...otball-news/man-utd-news-fosu-mensah-11354409
So he still probably has the option to play for Ghana? :wenger:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Yeah it's probably not gonna happen, but of course I want the best players who can to play for Ghana.

If we had a team of players who are eligible to play for Ghana and chose to (likes of Welbeck, Boateng etc) we'd be immense. Ah well, wishful thinking.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Weird call-up anyway, you'd expect Holland to have a few players ahead of him. What position was he supposed to play ?
They probably do but they must have an eye on the future after the disappointment of the current crop. Maybe it could just be a case of bring him in and give him a feel of what high-level national football is like to prepare him for the future.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Happy for him, but a part of me wanted him to play for Ghana :(
I wouldn't. Would mean we would lose him mid season every other year for the African Cup of Nations. If he goes on to become a top player for us then that would be a pain in arse.

SirAF

Ageist
He's declined a call-up from Netherlands to focus on being ready for pre-season. Top lad!

Spock

Screams CDM to me. Hope he gets a chance there.
I agree too. I had read great things about TFM but I couldn't believe my eyes when he got his chance. He's got the perfect mix of athleticism, ability, tenacity and composure that could enable him to be a sensational defensive midfielder for us for a very long time.

Robertd0803

I think how Mourinho handles TFM will really be one of those issues that will either vindicate him if he plays him in the eyes of the pro Mourinho fans or damn him further in the anti Mourinho fans if he leaves him in the u21s.

Hoping he does get a chance this season. And hoping Van Gaal didn't kill his confidence with subbing him off against Everton.

bucky

He's the main reason why I don't see a signing for the right-back position as a priority. It's the position where he can get the most minutes under Mourinho IMO and he fits Mourinho's profile of a full-back.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's the main reason why I don't see a signing for the right-back position as a priority. It's the position where he can get the most minutes under Mourinho IMO and he fits Mourinho's profile of a full-back.
Not sure he would get much playing time at RB with Val, Darmian, and Varela already in the mix. I see him more as a hybrid box to box DM.

See the sequence from 2:26 on in the video two posts above yours.

dichinero

Not sure he would get much playing time at RB with Val, Darmian, and Varela already in the mix. I see him more as a hybrid box to box DM.

See the sequence from 2:26 on in the video two posts above yours.
This
I don't want to see him at RB unless we are very desperate for bodies. A central position is best suited for him and he should be rightly considered in the mix. Can't stand throwing players about to become jack of all trades.

M Bison

Supports
York City
This
I don't want to see him at RB unless we are very desperate for bodies. A central position is best suited for him and he should be rightly considered in the mix. Can't stand throwing players about to become jack of all trades.
I don't disagree with this but the only difference is, we don't have a good RB, which TFM could cover well.

He's not yet good enough to be a starter at CD/CM so RB would potentially work well for all parties in my view. He's only young so it would only be for a season at RB as long term, he'll be through the middle.

devips

Valencia is the first choice RB, and he will remain so this season.

jesperjaap

Screams CDM to me. Hope he gets a chance there.
Definately. Positionally he looked a little awkward to me playing at full back, especially on the right. He looked much more at home at centre back and in central midfield. I love the way he reads a pass and nips in between the player and the ball using his strength, reminds me a bit of Jaap Stam in that way, Just watching that video as an example he looks very comfortable wining and distributing the ball in a defensive midfield area and has great energy. I think long term he could become a top player there.

Status
Not open for further replies.