Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedChip

Been dying for this lad to get first team action! Came on and did very well apart from that one pass. Our youth system suddenly doesn't look as shit as the media have being going on about.
Yeah, thought the same too. I guess as long as we don't spend as much money as our illustrious neighbours, it is shit.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Don't really see him as a fullback with all the options we have there (long-term), so I'd say his future is as a CB or in midfield.

Anyways, if playing him on the left means we'll see more of him this season, then I'm all for it.

Cerpin

Don't really see him as a fullback with all the options we have there (long-term), so I'd say his future is as a CB or in midfield.

Anyways, if playing him on the left means we'll see more of him this season, then I'm all for it.
I think it was mostly to replace Rojo's physicality and aerial ability that LvG put Mensah on instead of Riley. He looks very exciting though.

Obiorahking_

Other than bullying Iwobi for the ball back I am struggling to see what was so amazing about his performance.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Other than bullying Iwobi for the ball back I am struggling to see what was so amazing about his performance.
Yeah he went AWOL for their second goal but he had some good moments too. Plus he's not a LB. Don't think he's ever played there for us before? Not amazing but certainly not a disappointment, which for me is quite pleasing if a young lad is making their debut against Arsenal as part of a hugely inexperienced team.

Sigma

Solid performance for me, maybe that's the reason why some are saying brilliant because he looked so assured whilst being so young and playing in a position I don't think he has really played before.

itso 7

He's a cb converted to cm being converted to fb mate!
With Schweinsteiger still around, for guidance, I think we ought to say feck it and use him as our fourth CM because he's got the attributes to be really sensational in the role. A Carrick replacement?

tarjei2k

Been dying for this lad to get first team action! Came on and did very well apart from that one pass. Our youth system suddenly doesn't look as shit as the media have being going on about.
Youth production is a waiting man's game. One does not simply invest millions in an academy and then lean contentedly back to watch while the world class talent subsequently floods into the first team. City will enjoy the harvests of their youth investments in the course of the many years to come. It falls to us to match their ambitions with investments of our own if we want to remain top dog in Manchester in the foreseeable future.

Obiorahking_

Yeah he went AWOL for their second goal but he had some good moments too. Plus he's not a LB. Don't think he's ever played there for us before? Not amazing but certainly not a disappointment, which for me is quite pleasing if a young lad is making their debut against Arsenal as part of a hugely inexperienced team.
I guess. He look a little bit uncomfortable and sloppy in possession. I see potential in there somewhere, but on a whole his performance wasn't exactly thrilling.

El Zoido

He looked alright. Physically he's going to be fine, and he was ok on the ball despite one bad pas which played them in. Definitely a promising prospect.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I loved his celebration when Herrera scored. Been excited for this kid for a while and I hope he is here for a long time.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With Schweinsteiger still around, for guidance, I think we ought to say feck it and use him as our fourth CM because he's got the attributes to be really sensational in the role. A Carrick replacement?
He's not very similar to Carrick as Carrick has been a great passer with excellent positioning as his defensive strength. TFM is a brilliant tackler and good dribbler, with all round top class physical attributes. I still am not sure if he has the passing range and consistency to play CM, especially at the level required for a top team. But he certainly deserves some minutes in the team, in midfield he'd certainly give us more bite, aggression and pace/dribbling on the break. We're a pretty small team and vulnerable at set plays, which he would be great help with.

In Rainbows

I guess. He look a little bit uncomfortable and sloppy in possession. I see potential in there somewhere, but on a whole his performance wasn't exactly thrilling.
That was just a single mistake. Trust me, as a defender he is really comfortable with the ball and he has great technique. Also in this game he showed his tackling ability.

Bwuk

Don't think he's a left back. From the little I'v seen I think he's a box to box midfielder in the making.

Sylar

That run he went on before he was taken out (and it didnt even lead to a booking, then again, that ref...)

He reminds me of somebody but cant quite put my finger on it. But hes a beast which is great.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Delighted he got game time today. Looked unfazed. Doesn't get much more exciting when confident youngsters are coming through the ranks.

Brightonian

Described him to my dad when he came on: 'he'll boss a few defensive situations, drive through their entire midfield at least once, and probably give the ball away in a mental position.' Cheers Timmy: making me look like I know what I'm talking about since 2016.

Bit pissed Louis thinks he's a fullback though, and especially that that's the reason Joyce has suddenly started playing him there. I like him as a CB and a CM, but he definitely needs to be central, where he can really boss the game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That run he went on before he was taken out (and it didnt even lead to a booking, then again, that ref...)

He reminds me of somebody but cant quite put my finger on it. But hes a beast which is great.
Essien.

Devil may care

Described him to my dad when he came on: 'he'll boss a few defensive situations, drive through their entire midfield at least once, and probably give the ball away in a mental position.' Cheers Timmy: making me look like I know what I'm talking about since 2016.

Bit pissed Louis thinks he's a fullback though, and especially that that's the reason Joyce has suddenly started playing him there. I like him as a CB and a CM, but he definitely needs to be central, where he can really boss the game.
I was surprised when he said that, I mean he looks like he can fill in at fullback but his future is undoubtedly central.

suheilsworld

Really excited about his debut. Have been looking forward to seeing him in the first team. Looked calm apart from the usual nervy moments which is understandable considering it was a debut and such a bit stage. Really hoping he breaks into the first squad. Built like a tank!

Winrar

didn't think he'd debut in a first team game so early, against arsenal no less. didn't look out of place at all.

khoazany

Super exciting about him arriving in the first team squad.Still eligible for the U18s.Can see him making some impacts next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.