Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

hope this fullback thing is just part of his development and getting games at u-21 and senior level. he looks like a top class CB/DM in the making.
Mike S also played as RB, as he couldnt get games ahead of Vidic or Rio as CB, gametime is the reason.. and in this case also injuries

NinjaFletch

He's getting sent off tonight.

Don't think he's even attempted a tackle without diving in so far.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Yep, needs to settle down here or it's up to Louis to sub him before the ref removes him right now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tough game making your full debut against two strikers who are a complete handful.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Nervous start, but he's settled well I thought. Blind having a shocker right next to him doesn't help.

Rossa

Nervous start, but he's settled well I thought. Blind having a shocker right next to him doesn't help.
Blind has been all over the place today - shocking. Mensah has amazing recovery pace - he saved Blind's ass, along with DDG of course. Even if he could not put in a good enough tackle,he forced the attacker wide. Looks good on the ball as well. No doubt we miss the physicality of Smalling though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If Blind continues playing like in the first half he'll be sent off.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
probably the worst opponent for a young cb to make his "debut" as Ighalo and Deeney are a fecking nightmare to play against.....he did okay.

FromTheBench

Tbf playing against Deeney and Ighalo on CB debut is not easy but surprised he's been put in at CB.

Hope he can reign himself in a bit or a red card seems on the verge.

Tuanzebe is injured or he might be more ready to be CB at this level than Fosu Mensah who positionally can get caught chasing a ball more.

Baxter

Very good, especially considering Blind was fecking all over the shop

NinjaFletch

After the first 15-20 minutes he did well to calm down and stay on the pitch. You can see the raw ability is there for definite, though.

Classical Mechanic

He did well for his debut at centre back. The Watford front two press hard and are strong. He was actually our best defender on the night! Great lesson for him.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's so raw and clearly not yet ready. But he does look to have the potential to be a good centre back.

Devil may care

I thought he did well enough considering how bizarrely bad Blind was tonight, so he didn't have the calm leadership next to him you'd want for a young CB on his debut. I could be wrong but I think long term he will be a DM, but he's got something about him, no doubt.

R'hllor

Think he had tough task tonight and he had lapses here and there but in most cases he didnt harm us,so for his age,vs those 2 upfront he did really good in my book.

FromTheBench

Before his injury, Axel was caught out of position and chasing into midfield quite a bit for the u21s.
Not as much as Fosu Mensah though who was publicly criticized by Joyce IIRC as well after which he removed him from CB and played him elsewhere promoting Williams or pushing CBJ in when he could.

Both need to learn positionally but feel at CB Tuanzebe is more ready.

kundalini

Difficult opposition but I wasn't impressed by his performance. I thought he was guilty of waiting for the ball to reach him too many times, rather than getting to it first and clearing before there was any danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.