Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

itso 7

What happened to Blind last night? He was awful. Someone on here likened him to Prunier which made me chuckle. The last thing we need is for him to lose form at this time.
Another victim of Van Gaal's utter ignorance on the concept of squad management, he's played relentlessly for so long that fatigue has caught up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Early days but I think performances like today will help him claim an official spot in the squad next season, probably in the expense of Jones.
So be it. Jones hasn't been fully fit for a reasonable amount of time since Fergie left.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Early days, to say the least, but I must say I like the thought of TFM and Mike as our CB pairing.

Anyone knows which side TFM prefers? We all know Smalling must be the right sided CB or he goes to shits.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Did i understand it wrong... but did LVG say in the post match presser that he asked to be subbed in the second half ?..

The potential is there and with time on his side, he could become a great player.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Early days, to say the least, but I must say I like the thought of TFM and Mike as our CB pairing.

Anyone knows which side TFM prefers? We all know Smalling must be the right sided CB or he goes to shits.
“I think he is a better full back than a central defender but he is from origin at Ajax always playing right centre midfield or right centre half. This is his position."

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Cracking tackler, and I don't go along with the nervous remarks, I thought he was very decisive, with Blind the one doing the cock-ups alongside him.

What was clear is that he had no intention of holding the ball to look for a good pass, he invariably and quickly passed alongside or back to goalie. He did that well enough though, and it may have been drilled in to him to stick to that for his first few games and concentrate on stopping.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He's nothing like Fletcher. Why are people so desperate to make him into a midfielder anyway?
He has been much better in midfield than in defence for the ressies/juniors. He can defend, alright, but is not massively positionally disciplined and switches off at times.

jb8521

I know Van Gaal said last night that he normally played right cb at Ajax but whenever he has played cb for our underage sides he's generally played as the left cb with Tuanzebe or Williams on the right

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He went to ground the other night to much for me. No coincidence Blind had his worst performance of the season next to him. But showed himself to be an exciting raw young talent. A young Sol Campbell on our hands here lads!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He went to ground the other night to much for me. No coincidence Blind had his worst performance of the season next to him. But showed himself to be an exciting raw young talent. A young Sol Campbell on our hands here lads!
Can't put those awful passes and his lack of awareness down to TFM. I recall Varela making a backpass with Ighalo closing in and Blind pretty much stood there leaving De Gea to do it all.

I'm a big fan of Blind but nothing was coming off for him that night and it was his own fault.

DWelbz19

Blind consistently being beaten in the air, losing foot races and making hospital balls is down to Fosu-Mensah? :lol: Come on.

Lawman

Can't put those awful passes and his lack of awareness down to TFM. I recall Varela making a backpass with Ighalo closing in and Blind pretty much stood there leaving De Gea to do it all.

I'm a big fan of Blind but nothing was coming off for him that night and it was his own fault.
Yep but much easier to play when you don't have to babysit someone (and you do and rightly so on the kids debut). I'm not Blinds biggest fan I think he's a good player but not good enough to be a regular centre half or good enough to be a regular centre mid. But he is a very valuable player for the squad and he's had a good season. Just not top class.

m1y2

dont agree with anything you said here. Blind showed his absolute incompetence last game when he should be the one who calms the young lad's temper and helps him throughout the game. TFM was easily better and bailed Blind numerous times.. I can agree he's raw but only mentally, physically and ability wise he seems good enough even now, CB is one of the toughest positions to play in football for young footballer as there is a lot experience needed so lets see how he develops but I bet he will thrive much more as DM with his energy and drive forward.. He's nothing alike Campbell

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Blind's countless brainfarts had nothing to do with Fosu-Mensah.

Dante

Average bang
I like him, but he needs to stop getting turned so easily. It's especially a problem when he's at fullback.

West Brom 1:0 Man Utd

Lawman

dont agree with anything you said here. Blind showed his absolute incompetence last game when he should be the one who calms the young lad's temper and helps him throughout the game. TFM was easily better and bailed Blind numerous times.. I can agree he's raw but only mentally, physically and ability wise he seems good enough even now, CB is one of the toughest positions to play in football for young footballer as there is a lot experience needed so lets see how he develops but I bet he will thrive much more as DM with his energy and drive forward.. He's nothing alike Campbell
He's very like a young Sol Campbell imo. You didn't think he went to ground to much for a centre back? You agree he's raw but only mentally, physically and ability wise? But you don't agree with anything I say? You have lost me!

In Rainbows

Continues to show off his tackling ability. Shame he had that awful shot, though he's never been great at that area. lol

Fer

My expectations were higher with his shot. But it was atrocious.
It would have been fantastic if he scores.

Blind has been playing really bad the last games. I would rest him and play Fosu-Mensah next game.

Mister_Stubbs

I rate Timothy very highly and think he will be a key player for us for years to come but bringing him on today when chasing a game made no sense, he isn't a game changer.

Devil may care

Was it TFM that made that tackle right near the end when West brom just ran past Carrick and Schneiderlin? It was crisp and clean.

m1y2

He's very like a young Sol Campbell imo. You didn't think he went to ground to much for a centre back? You agree he's raw but only mentally, physically and ability wise? But you don't agree with anything I say? You have lost me!
my bad, almost anything, Sol campbell comparisons are way off..he's completely different prospect..

JoaquinJoaquin

Understand that there isn't a lot of games left now but would love to see him given an opportunity at DM.

Loublaze

ATLien
The pecking order is quite clear at the moment.He's the 1st choice CB after the seniors with Williams 2nd.Don't know where McNair and Poole currently stand though.
McNair has faded away. I think he'll be off this summer or out on loan

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Will have him start over Rojo, Blind or McNair at CB to partner Smalling, even though he is far from ready yet.

Perrick Dubois

The pecking order is quite clear at the moment.He's the 1st choice CB after the seniors with Williams 2nd.Don't know where McNair and Poole currently stand though.
Mcnair has been dropped like lamb into a lancashire hotpot. Feel for him to be honest. Been well and truly rinsed and hung out to dry.

FromTheBench

What's up with Tuanzebe' injury ?

He was first choice before that it seemed.

m1y2

Mcnair has been dropped like lamb into a lancashire hotpot. Feel for him to be honest. Been well and truly rinsed and hung out to dry.
Mcnairs not even as good defender as Blind and worse on the ball too, for me he has no chance to make it here, Williams, TFM, Tuanzebe are all stronger, faster and better defenders while good on the ball as well, let alone younger with much higher potential. In my view Mcnair should go on loan and maybe tried as DM from there he doesn't need to be as strong and fast, he can ping the ball around in what he is decent and just screen in front of back four..

Status
Not open for further replies.