Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What's wrong with Carrick? Pogba will be back too.
Jose hasn't tended to play Carrick in games close to each other, and didn't Jose say a while back that he wasn't capable of playing games in quick succession.

Do you think Pogba would be risked seeing as was a hamstring injury and we have a massive game on Thursday?

Fracture90

No it happened defending that corner right in the last seconds. Looks like his marker pulled his arm and he fell over awkwardly, think it popped his shoulder out as at the end of the game he was standing there hunched over feeling it and his arm was sort of dangling. Didn't look very comfortable at all.
Idk how I missed that. Talking from experience shoulder injury is the most annoying one there is. Shame tho, with Fellaini suspended TFM was about to get more minutes probably.

Thanks mate.

fergosaurus

Interesting to hear Mourinho say he didn't have a midfielder on the bench and he used TFM there as an emergency. Maybe he was meaning at this moment rather than long term, who knows.

fergosaurus

Yeah, I see him as more of a CB who can fill in as a DM when needed. He'll probably be playing more as a full-back until he develops though. Just interesting as a lot of people were sure he'd be a midfielder.

JoaquinJoaquin

I am a bit worried about how many injuries he seems to pick up. For someone with his physicality and athleticism you'd think he'd be less prone to them, but this is the third or fourth time he's already been injured in the relatively few games he's played in the first team. Hopefully he's just been unlucky and this isn't a sign of things to come.
O come on. This a freak injury that could of happened to anyone. Feel really bad for the guy as this was his once chance to play as a DM here.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
O come on. This a freak injury that could of happened to anyone. Feel really bad for the guy as this was his once chance to play as a DM here.
Some players seem to get more freak injuries than others. As I said, it's not this injury that worries me, it's that it's already his 3rd or 4th in the short time he's been in the first team. I have no idea if he had similar issues in the youth teams he's been in.

kr0nix

Nice gesture from Kompany.
I've always liked Kompany. He was quite complimentary about Rashford and Martial and even suggested that they'd go on to do great things. Top sportsmanship from him.

el3mel

It was funny that he played 2 minutes just to get an injury ruling him out of the rest of the season. Summarizes our luck with injuries these days.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A lot of players collect shirts worn from other players when they swap shirts after the game and whatnot. You see in the top players houses where they keep their football memorabilia shirts from other greats due to the respect they have for one another. I'm sure any young defender (even player) looks up to Kompany as one of the finest players of the PL in recent years and would appreciate the shirt. The get well message is just a very nice bonus from Kompany himself.

Varun

Staff
Clearly, the only course of action now is to burn the shirt at the City Center with Lingard filming it and Pogba dabbing in the backgorund.

manunited1919

Who are we actually gunna play in midfield on Sunday?? We only have Herrera!

Oh God, it's gunna be Rooney isn't it? Wonder if Jose can give park or Rafael a call, see if they fancy a game.
Get Phil Jones to inject his toe, he has played midfield before.

shield

A shoulder injury should not take that long to heal, should it? He looks very fit, and it is not a muscle pull, so can he be expected back next week ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A shoulder injury should not take that long to heal, should it? He looks very fit, and it is not a muscle pull, so can he be expected back next week ?
Rotator cuff damage is probably the worst muscular injury it's possible to get.

I think he dislocated his shoulder though. Which is still a long time out. His season's over.

Eric Edwards

This injury is symbolic of TFM's entire season - wasted opportunity. Most of the posts her seem to agree that he has potential but we do not know how much. I suspect that uncertainty is largely due to the fact we haven't actually been able to watch him play first team football enough.

With the benefit of hindsight I really think he would have benefited from going out on loan to a team where he would have played often (either defence or midfield). I fear the reality now is that we will purchase more established players over the summer who will be ahead of him in the pecking order without ever really knowing how good he is / can be. It would be a shame if he leaves and then we see him excel elsewhere - a la Pogba..

prath92

I dunno

there's something a bit patronising about that

I've injured a young United player....i know what will make it better.... a signed shirt
kompany is probably one of the best PL defenders in the last 10 years. Surely a young defender will be motivated by such a gesture from a guy like kompany

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
kompany is probably one of the best PL defenders in the last 10 years. Surely a young defender will be motivated by such a gesture from a guy like kompany
He's the captain of City! It just doesn't sit well with me. But maybe I am being too old fashioned.

shield

Rotator cuff damage is probably the worst muscular injury it's possible to get.

I think he dislocated his shoulder though. Which is still a long time out. His season's over.
Thanks for the info.

Ok. So, this is pretty bad then :(. Was hoping we would get to see more of him now that Fellaini is suspended.

Guess we will have to see what happens next season then. Have a feeling Mourinho has taken a liking to him, so staying with us and not going out on loan could still be a good option. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's the captain of City! It just doesn't sit well with me. But maybe I am being too old fashioned.
Realistically Fosu-Mensah probably asked for it, he grew up when Kompany was one of the best defenders in the league, plus Kompany always comes across as a really likeable guy.

Mike09

You one the kind of person who always think City and Liverpool are all worst man kind. To be fair as an United fans, I must admit that Kompany is a professional, chill and an honest person. He also the only City player who tweeted good stuff about Sir Alex Ferguson retirement. If I am not mistaken he also back Fellaini during his tough period time. I remember as well in social media an United fans asked for a picture but actually trolling Kompany by singing "20th times 20th times Man United" and Kompany dumped the guy and reacted it funny.

Being honest myself, I have admit Gerrard is an honest person when he becomes a pundit in Sky Sports or BT Sports.

DanClancy

Any news on how long he is out for?

I think he could do with a loan to cement down a position. I think his best position will be a centre half, I doubt a PL club would take a chance on him given we've seen very little of him there so we're looking at a move to championship club or back home for a season.

Alabaster Codify7

As others have said, I've always really liked Kompany - seems a genuinely nice guy and he's one hell of a defender, in his prime.

Bwuk

Any news on how long he is out for?

I think he could do with a loan to cement down a position. I think his best position will be a centre half, I doubt a PL club would take a chance on him given we've seen very little of him there so we're looking at a move to championship club or back home for a season.
He's not a centre half for me. Think he'd be much better in holding midfield where he can use his athleticism.

I agree though, if he's not going to play much next season we should loan him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.