Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So Jose sees him as a RB. RedCafe's dream of Fosu Mensah playing in midfield will remain as dream forever.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Tim's alive!! :devil:

Our 2 footer tackling quota was seriously lowered after his and Rojo's injuries.

Minkaro

We got battered the moment he came off. They were getting no joy down his side, then they got all the joy down that side.

He was monstrous that game.
From the BBC report on that game:

Young made little impression, while 18-year-old right-back Timothy Fosu-Mensah was United's best player, defending robustly with five tackles, five interceptions and six clearances during his 68 minutes on the pitch.

Just two minutes after the Dutchman was replaced by Matteo Darmian because of injury, Tottenham broke the deadlock in a move that came from his side of the pitch.
So basically it was 0-0 when TFM went off, finished 3-0.

izec

He is a talent and while i still dont know what his best position is, i am excited. He needs more playing time next season.

3KDré

He is very rusty. Doesn't get to play U23s all season, has made like 3 appearances all season and he literally came back from a dislocated shoulder the other day.

Turamb

Both Tuanzebe and Bailly have handled the rightback position better lately

kundalini

Let's hope any club thinking about loaning TFM next season, didn't watch that.

Needs far more playing time than he has had this season. But not made a convincing case for himself in the few mins he has had.

ash_86

Tuanzebe is way ahead of him in development even though TFM had a head start.

Devil may care

He's very rash but an exciting prospect, he has the physical tools and attitude that Jose can mold into a player.

Nero

Not a full back no matter how much people try to make him one (including LVG and Mourinho). He's a central midfielder.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I just don't see TFM as a defender.
Nor me. His physicality is impressive for a young man but his positioning is very lazy. Maybe he'll grow into it but I think Tuanzebe looked so much more assured at RB against Arsenal.

Alabaster Codify7

I genuinely don't see the big deal with this kid. He looks completely average to me, apart from his physique and pace. His positioning and composure are both terrible, I don't see where he could nail down a place in the team without being a major worry - he's dodgy. Maybe CDM where he can just bully opposition attackers and put himself around a bit, but even then I don't think he'd be sound enough.

SteveW

He's play in defence for years yet can't defend. Strange. Hasn't shown much other than being a freak athlete so far. Not sure what to make of him

khoazany

He's play in defence for years yet can't defend. Strange. Hasn't shown much other than being a freak athlete so far. Not sure what to make of him
Think he's been affected by club and country toying around with his position in the last few years (been playing CB, RB, CDM and even number 10) plus his lack of games at any level this year. Positioning is a big problem for him right now and you can see why. Needs to play more next season, here or loan in a fixed position if we want to develop him further.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I genuinely don't see the big deal with this kid. He looks completely average to me, apart from his physique and pace. His positioning and composure are both terrible, I don't see where he could nail down a place in the team without being a major worry - he's dodgy. Maybe CDM where he can just bully opposition attackers and put himself around a bit, but even then I don't think he'd be sound enough.
To be fair, he's done quite a bit better whenever played in the centre in the past. Whereas at rightback he's always been dodgy (bar one or maybe two games).

Sylar

I was hoping to see him next to Pogba today. I think with his attributes he would be more suited to playing in the middle than RB.

Agreed with above though, hes just come back from injury so we shouldnt decide his progress / career based on todays small sample.

SteveW

Think he's been affected by club and country toying around with his position in the last few years (been playing CB, RB, CDM and even number 10) plus his lack of games at any level this year. Positioning is a big problem for him right now and you can see why. Needs to play more next season, here or loan in a fixed position if we want to develop him further.
Hopefully a loan. I want him to succeed but there's no way I'd be comfortable with him having a run of games here at the moment. He just hasn't shown enough understanding of any position yet not to be a liability. I keep reading on here that he should be a central midfielder but I haven't seen anything to suggest he'd be comfortable there. He doesn't have a great range of passing, vision, quick feet etc. I'm starting to worry that it's another Micah Richard's type scenario. Physical beast dominates at under age level but actually isn't all that. Hope I'm wrong obviously.

MAME DIOUF 32

Had an absolute nightmare today. Looked out of place even in the youthful lineup. Still, it's the first time I've seen him play like that so hopefully just an off day.

Classical Mechanic

I think a loan in Holland would be good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah basically whenever ive seen him, he looks all physique with no real other talents.

jesperjaap

Not a full back no matter how much people try to make him one (including LVG and Mourinho). He's a central midfielder.
I would like to see him in cm too. He has impressed me for us when played as a centre back but no surprise he was pretty poor today. Why is everyone playing him as a full back, purely for game time? Positionally and timing wise he is all over the place as a full back, he is a far better player than he shows playing there. Feel a bit sorry for him, injuries, played in his wors position when he gets a chance, I rate him highly and hope he gets more games next season AS a cb or cm

Coxy

I would like to see him in cm too. He has impressed me for us when played as a centre back but no surprise he was pretty poor today. Why is everyone playing him as a full back, purely for game time? Positionally and timing wise he is all over the place as a full back, he is a far better player than he shows playing there. Feel a bit sorry for him, injuries, played in his wors position when he gets a chance, I rate him highly and hope he gets more games next season AS a cb or cm
Sounds a bit like how Jones was treated at first..

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He needs to play more and get his timing right. The talents is there but is too rash and trying too hard at the minute.

Robertd0803

Could it be a question of trying to hard/trying too much to make an impression in such a short time? For the most part he has been quite rash when he has played which is understandable enough if you factor that in.

Anyway a loan where he can play every week next season might be a good idea. Id worry that while being part of the squad on matchday is great for him, another season without minutes like this one may not be the best in the long run for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.