Timothy-Fosu-Mensah | 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo*

Hope just a loan. if so, a good move for him if gets a few starts.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Would have preferred Hertha Berlin but I'll get down to some Fulham games and watch him if he does go there. Hopefully he gets regular game time as I believe they've got a lot of options.

Bobski

When he first came through a lot of people considered him a natural CM in the making, not sure if he has had much time there at all bar his cameos early on for Utd and if that is still a thing? As a defender he will have to improve his reading of the game if he is to become a viable option for a defensive role in a top team. He has elite athleticism but the rest of his game is not at the same level.

Still only 20 so has plenty of time to develop his game, easy to overlook his youth given that it feels as if he has been around for a long time.

Nickosaur

Popped in here to ask that. What’s their strength in depth like at the back? Is he more likely to get games at RB or CB?
Mawson, Chambers and Ream should all be ahead of TFM at CB. So I think it will be RB/right wing back.

Stubble

Ridiculous decision to loan him out. We have Valencia and Dalot injured. Damian who wants to leave and may yet do so. Shaw who is now rubbish. Blind has been sold. Tuanzebe loaned out. We didn't manage to bring in defensive additions either.

limerickcitykid

And what happens when Valencia returns in a few weeks and then Dalot too? Ruin TFM's season of development all just to use him for a couple of weeks? Now that would be a ridiculous decision.

AgentP

Ridiculous decision to loan him out. We have Valencia and Dalot injured. Damian who wants to leave and may yet do so. Shaw who is now rubbish. Blind has been sold. Tuanzebe loaned out. We didn't manage to bring in defensive additions either.
It's just a matter of few weeks before Valencia is back. Dalot will also be fit by September end. Lindelof and Bailly can also play there if Darmian gets injured.

Web of Bissaka

Recent game, he was awesome for Fulham.

They were chasing the game, 1 nil down, and he made a lot of attacks - 3+ runs into the box, and delivered a lot of threatening low short crosses into the box. Hard for Watford to stopped his run.

EDIT: Okay, not that recent. Injured now.

Foxbatt

I was hoping that he would be able to play as a holding midfield player.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Recent game, he was awesome for Fulham.

They were chasing the game, 1 nil down, and he made a lot of attacks - 3+ runs into the box, and delivered a lot of threatening low short crosses into the box. Hard for Watford to stopped his run.

EDIT: Okay, not that recent. Injured now.
Just saw he’s not in their squad today. How bad is the injury?

limerickcitykid

I'm pretty sure he did it twice while he was with us. Definitely at least once.

TFM is one of the best pure athletes you'll ever see on a football pitch, but unfortunately he seems very injury prone. Similar to Bailly.
Hardly. He had no injuries last season. Only out for about a month in 16/17 and no injuries in 15/16. Don't remember him being injured much in the youths either. He's had one freak shoulder injury which kept him out for a month. Not even close to Bailly.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Hardly. He had no injuries last season. Only out for about a month in 16/17 and no injuries in 15/16. Don't remember him being injured much in the youths either. He's had one freak shoulder injury which kept him out for a month. Not even close to Bailly.
He seemed to regularly get injured whenever he was playing for the first team. Perhaps they were just little knocks though, rather than the bigger injuries that Bailly gets.

mav_9me

I thought Fulham missed him. His stand in was fairly poor.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Do we reckon we might use him as a CB option until we get some players back? Although I don't think he's played there for a while.

Loublaze

ATLien
Timbo back at United, in the squad for Reading maybe

Good. His last two loan spells haven't been that great. He needs to stick around and claim a role among our fringe players. I hope Ole figures out what position he wants him to play.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Have him and Dalot compete for RB and throw Valencia in the sea.

Bola

Timbo back at United, in the squad for Reading maybe

Good. Unlucky with that shoulder injury, but he is ready to play in the Prem

Versatile player who is still working out his best position, but it means we have the cover to offload some deadwood at CB and FB.

Bola

Do we reckon we might use him as a CB option until we get some players back? Although I don't think he's played there for a while.
He's a better central player than being put at RB.

Given our injury and suspension problems at CB, I'd start him in that position v Reading (if match fit) and look to have him in the match day squad going forward (fitness and petfirmajves permitting)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Good. It will give Ole and the coaches a good chance to assess him, and decide where he would be most effective for the team. I'm sure there is a good player in there somewhere, hopefully they will find it. Always seems a bit gung ho to me, makes some poor choices, but once he gets re established into the squad hopefully he will calm down and thrive.

RedDevilRoshi

Personally felt with all our defensive problems particularly at CB & RB, two positions TFM can play in, we should never allowed him to go on loan.

Litch

Remember him under LVG at RB and he was superb until he got injured at Spurs I think?

youmeletsfly

Dunno why people are so deluded about this guy.

It's another Davide Petrucci story, he'll end up in Eastern Europe and fade.

I just can't say anything positive about him, except his well built body.

Was watching him vs Arsenal, came on and missed two easy overlaps in 6-7 minutes, even Tony would've spotted those.

Oh, and his 1st touch is Lukakuesque.

Mickson

Dunno why people are so deluded about this guy.

It's another Davide Petrucci story, he'll end up in Eastern Europe and fade.

I just can't say anything positive about him, except his well built body.

Was watching him vs Arsenal, came on and missed two easy overlaps in 6-7 minutes, even Tony would've spotted those.

Oh, and his 1st touch is Lukakuesque.
Unfair. If he's a CB, first touch and overlapping runs isn't the most important skills. He is fast as feck, a great tackler, reads the game reasonably well, he's strong. Just need to mature and work on a few details, also think he can and will be a better header of the ball because of his size. He can be a player, no doubt. He's only 21.

izec

He wont make it here. Not good enough at RB, DM or CB. There is a reason he ends up as a RB under every manager, and fails to deliver quite often. Not every youth talent can make it and he is one of them i feel.

Smores

Unfair. If he's a CB, first touch and overlapping runs isn't the most important skills. He is fast as feck, a great tackler, reads the game reasonably well, he's strong. Just need to mature and work on a few details, also think he can and will be a better header of the ball because of his size. He can be a player, no doubt. He's only 21.
We apparently have 5 or 6 youth players who will all be good enough in the next year or two. Reality is barely any academy products live upto the hype and TFM is a very likely a candidate for that. I'm not even sure he's better than the likes of Richardson or Spector were.

ash_86

Not good enough for us. I don't see anything special whenever i have watched him.

SteveW

Another one who has been hyped to the moon on here without any obvious reasons.

There's probably still plenty on here who want him playing midfield for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.