Height: 190cm
Position: Defender - Right-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Stellar Football Ltd
Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Date of last contract extension: Oct 19, 2016​

I expect this will be a quiet thread this season!

Can’t see him playing much, if at all. I think he’s a player who should move on so he can have a career, rather than be 3rd/ 4th choice RB at Utd.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

He's not a RB and with Wan-Bissaka & Dalot at RB he won't make it here as one that's for sure. I was hoping Ole would have a look in him & try him as a DM on the tour before the injury but looks like another lost season for him. Hopefully he recovers well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I had high hopes regarding him. Now i think that his time in United is over. I doubt that we will offer him new contract.
When i remember that Lvg played him in first 11 and had plans to make dmc of him in future. Bad luck i guess

Donut

I had high hopes regarding him. Now i think that his time in United is over. I doubt that we will offer him new contract.
When i remember that Lvg played him in first 11 and had plans to make dmc of him in future. Bad luck i guess
No bad luck. His only asset is his athleticism. He's very limited in every other aspect.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No bad luck. His only asset is his athleticism. He's very limited in every other aspect.
Yep, he’s never once looked like a midfielder at all. I think he could be a good modern centre back though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Hopefully he's back in January. We might actually really need him.

0le

I think it is bad luck to get a long term injury like that to be fair.

Hopefully he's back in January. We might actually really need him.
I think if we had a major injury crisis, we would see Mata and Lingard in central midfield, with Greenwood, Garner, Gomes and Chong then filling other gaps left in the team. I do think we are okay for numbers, just that we are relying too much on young players who may not be ready and/or deliver consistent performances. I therefore don't think TFM would necessarily fix anything - I think sadly his time at United is up.

Kostov

I think if we had a major injury crisis, we would see Mata and Lingard in central midfield, with Greenwood, Garner, Gomes and Chong then filling other gaps left in the team. I do think we are okay for numbers, just that we are relying too much on young players who may not be ready and/or deliver consistent performances. I therefore don't think TFM would necessarily fix anything - I think sadly his time at United is up.
He is a physical specimen, I think we can use him in midfield, but unlikely I agree.

Foxbatt

I was hoping that he will turn out to be a good DM as he has the strength and the pace and have decent skills too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he can impress Ole from mid season to end of season, he will be offered a new contract just like Pereira & Mata.

His day being a full back is over as we have too many potential good full backs in the club. Either centre back or midfield.

Mensah is like Bailly. Rush, injury prone but has pace. Don’t mind to keep him as backup but that’s only if he can stay away from injury.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If he can impress Ole from mid season to end of season, he will be offered a new contract just like Pereira & Mata.

His day being a full back is over as we have too many potential good full backs in the club. Either centre back or midfield.
He won't need to be offered one, he has a Club +1 option. If he gets fit and puts in some good showings in the 23's then there is every chance we see him on tour next year playing for a new deal.

Everything about his situation tells me he is done, but then I remember that McTominay is 22 and had a rapid turnaround. If we extend him, it really is last chance saloon. But I would rather see him playing as an out and out defensive midfielder any day of the week ahead of Matic.

jesperjaap

Yep, he’s never once looked like a midfielder at all. I think he could be a good modern centre back though.
Yes I agree, think cm was interesting option but still not right....and regarding right, his career has been destroyed in England both by us and his loan moves playing at right back, he isnt a right back whatsoever....but for me he looked like a very promising centre back. I hope for his own good he actually recovers from his injury, leaves us and is able to rebuild his career as a centre back somewhere

Bestietom

Mensah is like Bailly. Rush, injury prone but has pace. Don’t mind to keep him as backup but that’s only if he can stay away from injury.
How do you make out he is injury prone. This is his first serious injury ffs.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How do you make out he is injury prone. This is his first serious injury ffs.
Mate, we are all know he is. Never stay fit. Injury prone doesn’t need to be serious one. Even if it’s 1 month injury every 3 months every season can still be considered as injury prone.

Brightonian

He's only ever been a CB. When he first arrived at the academy and it turned out he could kick a ball everyone got excited and started declaring him a midfielder. Then the club inexplicably made him a fullback and in doing so probably screwed away his chances of ever making it with us.

That said, his relative aerial weakness probably means he hasn't got what it takes to be a CB for us. Certainly he's a less complete prospect than someone like Tuanzebe. But he was exciting, that first season - aggressive, dominant, comfortable on the ball, willing to drive forward into the space.

Bestietom

Mate, we are all know he is. Never stay fit. Injury prone doesn’t need to be serious one. Even if it’s 1 month injury every 3 months every season can still be considered as injury prone.
I followed him when he was with academy and then moved up, and I can't remember him being out for any length of time. He played nearly every week for academy. I remember he was always a big muscular lad with great speed. With some coaching he could have made a very good DM and LvG seen this in him.

Nick7

He's only ever been a CB. When he first arrived at the academy and it turned out he could kick a ball everyone got excited and started declaring him a midfielder. Then the club inexplicably made him a fullback and in doing so probably screwed away his chances of ever making it with us.

That said, his relative aerial weakness probably means he hasn't got what it takes to be a CB for us. Certainly he's a less complete prospect than someone like Tuanzebe. But he was exciting, that first season - aggressive, dominant, comfortable on the ball, willing to drive forward into the space.
Yup. I still don't see why people say he can play in midfield. He is absolutely not a central or even defensive midfielder. He's a centre back through and through.

BlahRules

Yup. I still don't see why people say he can play in midfield. He is absolutely not a central or even defensive midfielder. He's a centre back through and through.
When he played against Spurs as a left back but he literally dominated the midfield from that position is why people still have hope he can be defensive midfielder that we need.

pascell

Square peg in a round hole, people saw he was lightning fast, could tackle (although he's a very rash tackler) and could pass, this and our need for a CDM with legs, everyone feels that he can play there. Which I feel he can't and never will, his positioning is questionable and with him being rash in the tackle, he'd be unreliable as a CDM.

Alabaster Codify7

He isn't a midfielder. He's also not a defender due to lacking basic defensive instincts such as judging where a ball is going to land. In fact, it's time we stopped pretending he's ever going to make it here, he's an ATHLETE not a footballer. Leroy Sane had a torrid time against him for his physical attributes not the fact he's a good footballer. We might as well try signing Michel Antonio if we think TFM would be good enough,at least Antonio scores the odd goal.

amotherscrime

I cannot comprehend how stupid people are when it comes to this guy. He's a future star and should've been groomed as a CDM all along. A Kanté role. I'd say his real potential might be squandered by now and sadly people seem to be blinded by only looking at his loan spells. There may still be something left to savour if they do it now. He needs proper managing and training however. He's not gonna get that at today's United.

Ole's got no proper vision so he won't realize that Timothy is actually a CDM until it's too late.

Nick7

He's not even close to being as good on the ball as Kante. He's also never ever looked like a midfielder bar pure hope.

0le

I cannot comprehend how stupid people are when it comes to this guy. He's a future star and should've been groomed as a CDM all along. A Kanté role. I'd say his real potential might be squandered by now and sadly people seem to be blinded by only looking at his loan spells. There may still be something left to savour if they do it now. He needs proper managing and training however. He's not gonna get that at today's United.

Ole's got no proper vision so he won't realize that Timothy is actually a CDM until it's too late.
Hi Tim, how does it feel to be back in training?

Status
Not open for further replies.