Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So they have been written of for a reason otherwise you would be able to name them all.

I don't think Rashford was rated all that highly when he broke through anyway.

He has been coming under criticism this season because he is a first team player leading the line for united earning 200k a week and not delivering.
So many things are wrong, just because you read Rashford wasn’t rated highly doesn’t mean it’s right. One of those myths that’s repeated many times that they are taken as facts.

You wrote off or close to writing off Gomes just few posts before.

tomaldinho1

If he gets fit he's a good, cheap option and covers across the defensive line but only as a squad player. Maybe over time he'll do more, I thought he had decent potential when he came but he has been very unlucky with injuries but he shouldn't be near our first XI. Having said that, the same can be said for Chong and some others who it's just too soon for in my opinion.

Issue with caf is so many posters seem to live by the rule that a player has to either be class or be sold. We need a deep squad and we don't want it to be littered with the likes of Mata and lingard who are expensive and useless.

lex talionis

We must banish all thoughts of TFM of ever becoming a midfielder, but he did put in a few decent performances as a CB for Palace. Once he's completely fit I'd like to see him in a few FA Cup matches this season. He may prove to be shattered, but if he has something in his game I wouldn't seeing him as a fourth place option for us and letting Rojo or Jones go.

romufc

So many things are wrong, just because you read Rashford wasn’t rated highly doesn’t mean it’s right. One of those myths that’s repeated many times that they are taken as facts.

You wrote off or close to writing off Gomes just few posts before.
Yes, I said Gomes is not good enough to start, nothing has suggested he is.

That doesnt mean to say he will never be good enough. it was about pressure on kids, how much pressure do you think he will have coming into a misfiring team and doesnt create anything in 3/4 games?

It will just be poor for his development.

StrettyEnder07

Was very excited when TFM first broke through, remember the 10 game run he had he was a monster, think it was West Ham away MOTM then Spurs away he was superb, 0-0 he went off with 20 left and we lost i think from memory.

He looked a beast and even as a 6 in two pre seasons he was superb but the loans to Palace/Fulham seem to have derailed his progress, thought he would be a lot further along than he obviously now is.

I would personally like to see him given a place in the squad and have him share the back up to AWB duties with Dalot, who just seems to be injured 24/7. He can also cover at LB where I think Williams could out Shaw over the next 12 months, which agreed won't take much as Shaw is just a name on a payslip I think.

Time will tell but he is now at a bit of a crossroads, needs a chance or needs to leave for good of his career.

billybee99

I don’t know about you, from everything we have seen so far, Matic has declined rapidly and is shit, Fred is absolutely appalling most of the time, Fosu-Mensah is injured, but he might surprise us under a new role and under a new manager. The kid was very good under LVG.
As a midfielder? Why would we put someone who isn't even very good at his natural position in a more advanced role? That's insane. Yes Fred is pretty crap but even at his worst, he is a better midfielder than TFM. What has TFM ever shown that would make people think he could play in the midfield? The guy can't even cut it at RB at lower level teams but he's going to anchor our midfield? What is this obsession on the Caf with playing players out of position?

romufc

If the few first team players we have are clearly looking like they are not being coached well enough with the right tactics both individually and as a team - then why do you expect the young players to make a significant difference?

In my opinion the defenders have an easier way of impressing upon starting & it's not that confusing to think why when you actually wonder how poorly our attackers from deep midfield up are coached about passing the ball, switching lanes, cutting passes, making the runs and positions.

Greenwood is the player that highlights how inefficient our tactics are. No matter how young he is - we don't have a left footed RF or RW at the club & he hasn't had many chances to even get to play there with the best of the players around him. I don't care if the lad is a baby ( he isn't) because ultimately no matter the age - the difference between a RW Greenwood & a RW pereira or mata is extremely minimal to the point I'd say that Greenwood is better even if he struggles to score. Not like anyone else does anything. Sure James should start but all the other players having time over Greenwood there shows how poor Ole is in my opinion.

Exactly, we are putting these youngsters under undue pressure hoping they will save our season when in actual fact that its our tactics that are rubbish.

It will not do his confidence good playing RW and not getting any joy. I would rather he go on loan and play in his preffered position than play in a team where the tactics are all over the place.

StrettyEnder07

As a midfielder? Why would we put someone who isn't even very good at his natural position in a more advanced role? That's insane. Yes Fred is pretty crap but even at his worst, he is a better midfielder than TFM. What has TFM ever shown that would make people think he could play in the midfield? The guy can't even cut it at RB at lower level teams but he's going to anchor our midfield? What is this obsession on the Caf with playing players out of position?
TFM natural position is a DMC, where he has played an awful lot at the lower levels and for the youth sides in the national side, only when he first broke into our first 11 was he used as a right back.

DMC is where he wants to play and has done, few at CB in U23s when was there and then right back when broke into our side.

Also bossed the midfield against Madrid in America few years back he was immense.

That might be why

0le

Good to see him running around in light training again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Exactly, we are putting these youngsters under undue pressure hoping they will save our season when in actual fact that its our tactics that are rubbish.

It will not do his confidence good playing RW and not getting any joy. I would rather he go on loan and play in his preffered position than play in a team where the tactics are all over the place.
Rodrygo who is 18-19 scored a hatrick yesterday. Whether Greenwood struggles or not - I really don't agree with Ole giving these players 5-10 minutes ever 3 games because I feel it does absolutely nothing for them.

We don't have the experience players, so just play them - what's the worse that can happen? Greenwood can score a goal every 5 games and still be a useful player for us because ultimately no one else produces those numbers like pereira or Mata.

I feel like Ole is purely trying to do things the 'right way'.

romufc

Rodrygo who is 18-19 scored a hatrick yesterday. Whether Greenwood struggles or not - I really don't agree with Ole giving these players 5-10 minutes ever 3 games because I feel it does absolutely nothing for them.

We don't have the experience players, so just play them - what's the worse that can happen? Greenwood can score a goal every 5 games and still be a useful player for us because ultimately no one else produces those numbers like pereira or Mata.

I feel like Ole is purely trying to do things the 'right way'.

Agreed, giving players 10 minutes to do something special is not fair. Lingard keeps getting started and brought on when it is clear to see he has completely lost all confidence.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Forgot he existed. Might be handy option in a congested December but don't see any longer term future for him than that.

DoomSlayer

Forgot he existed. Might be handy option in a congested December but don't see any longer term future for him than that.
No way is he going to play at all. Would probably be released in the summer which is unfortunate as injuries have really halted his career.

Tel074

I remember going to watch youth games with TFM as a defensive midfielder and what a player he was . It's a pity he has been hampered by injuries

Alabaster Codify7

I'd play him in the dead rubber EL game for sure, in Astana. He might be a useful substitute for a bit but he'll be gone next summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'll be amazed if he makes it here, but if he does i'll be very happy.

Seems a nice kid but he's missed a lot of football in an important part of his development. We don't even know where he will play either.

RB/CB/CM? If he's still got his full pace then probably RB will be his best option.

Bebestation

I'm actually quite excited by this.

I felt the whole period at RB really messed him up & even from day one you could see his physique wasn't made for RB.

It doesn't look likely that he has a future at a top club - however if he is going to get his career back on track and at CDM then I see no better place than at United under Ole especially considering the poor midfield we have both defensively/offensively & the chances he gives.

Ole will give him the chance possibly more than Matic would get & whilst it looks unlikely - TFM, Fred & Pogba vs a small club doesn't look too bad if he gets back to doing the basics properly.

ThemanGiggsy

Could be like Kante for us? probably doesnt have the same technical ability, but would likely be one of the best athletes on the field.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Amazing how TFM is written off by a number of posters. Give the guy a chance to get on the pitch first, and then see what he is like.

dutchred

Just in time for the dead rubber Europa league games.
The game against AZ is not a dead rubber. If they beat us they will finish ahead of us. We want to finish top to get more favourable draw in the knock out.
AZ have 3 of the most talented youngsters in Holland
Stengs
Boadu
Koopmeiners

AneRu

I remember going to watch youth games with TFM as a defensive midfielder and what a player he was . It's a pity he has been hampered by injuries
But he has returned at the most opportune time, what with our squad being paper thin and we are unlikely to do much business in January. He has to be tried at DM in the remaining EL matches and then maybe a few half hour cameos during the congested festive season. If he can take his chance then we would have cultivated another squad option for the midfield.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@Rozay — still think he will be as good - if not better - than N'Golo Kante? :D

You were certainly not the only one saying this, and you’re generally on the right side of history when posting, but I just can’t let this one go. It was batshit at the time and it’s even more batshit as time has progressed.

Tel074

But he has returned at the most opportune time, what with our squad being paper thin and we are unlikely to do much business in January. He has to be tried at DM in the remaining EL matches and then maybe a few half hour cameos during the congested festive season. If he can take his chance then we would have cultivated another squad option for the midfield.
I totally agree. It's a great time for him to hopefully get some 1st team football

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
@Rozay — still think he will be as good - if not better - than N'Golo Kante? :D

You were certainly not the only one saying this, and you’re generally on the right side of history when posting, but I just can’t let this one go. It was batshit at the time and it’s even more batshit as time has progressed.
Haven’t seen him play for ages. But I know what I saw when I did watch him. I’m a firm believer in luck and circumstances playing massive importance in a player’s development. Nurture often needs to be added to their nature to get the best outcome. Messi is a player who would have stood out under most conditions. TFM, with the right breaks and right timing, could be/have been a top player. Very easy to look at Kanté now and say these things are ridiculous. I’d give you a massive pat on the shoulder though if you looked at the 19 year old Kanté and compared him to the TFM under LVG and said he had exponentially more promise.

TFM under Van Gaal was physically a beast, and could better any winger he came up against. As an 18 year old. He was rapid and a great tackler. He also carried the ball forward well with speed. He was playing at Full Back, but it was known one of his more preferred roles was CM. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to look at him then and say that he could be developed into a very top class ball-winning DM. He was 18. But it doesn’t just happen. There are a few United players who I suspect would have benefitted massively if Van Gaal has stayed, and he’s one of them. Perhaps he himself is not blameless for failing to develop, but I still concur that he had the tools to be a player like Kanté back then at 18. Kanté is not Xavi. He’s a ball-winner, the best around at it. TFM was unbeatable as a teen.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I'm actually quite excited by this.

I felt the whole period at RB really messed him up & even from day one you could see his physique wasn't made for RB.

It doesn't look likely that he has a future at a top club - however if he is going to get his career back on track and at CDM then I see no better place than at United under Ole especially considering the poor midfield we have both defensively/offensively & the chances he gives.

Ole will give him the chance possibly more than Matic would get & whilst it looks unlikely - TFM, Fred & Pogba vs a small club doesn't look too bad if he gets back to doing the basics properly.
If the few first team players we have are clearly looking like they are not being coached well enough with the right tactics both individually and as a team - then why do you expect the young players to make a significant difference?

Greenwood is the player that highlights how inefficient our tactics are. No matter how young he is - we don't have a left footed RF or RW at the club & he hasn't had many chances to even get to play there with the best of the players around him. I don't care if the lad is a baby ( he isn't) because ultimately no matter the age - the difference between a RW Greenwood & a RW pereira or mata is extremely minimal to the point I'd say that Greenwood is better even if he struggles to score. Not like anyone else does anything. Sure James should start but all the other players having time over Greenwood there shows how poor Ole is in my opinion.
WTFF?!! Are there two Bebestations?

0le

He has returned at an excellent time given how thin our squad is. It will be interesting to see if he does enough in training to persuade Ole to put him on the bench.

Bebestation

WTFF?!! Are there two Bebestations?
He gives the youngsters opportunities & that's something I have always wanted to continue from back when LVG started it with the plan of someone internal like Giggs to continue and take over after him.

So I am really happy about that; atleast that's back up and running.

Yet doesn't stop that I don't see much tactics & am seeing poor choices in the first team made unnecessarily by Ole.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Haven’t seen him play for ages. But I know what I saw when I did watch him. I’m a firm believer in luck and circumstances playing massive importance in a player’s development. Nurture often needs to be added to their nature to get the best outcome. Messi is a player who would have stood out under most conditions. TFM, with the right breaks and right timing, could be/have been a top player. Very easy to look at Kanté now and say these things are ridiculous. I’d give you a massive pat on the shoulder though if you looked at the 19 year old Kanté and compared him to the TFM under LVG and said he had exponentially more promise.

TFM under Van Gaal was physically a beast, and could better any winger he came up against. As an 18 year old. He was rapid and a great tackler. He also carried the ball forward well with speed. He was playing at Full Back, but it was known one of his more preferred roles was CM. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to look at him then and say that he could be developed into a very top class ball-winning DM. He was 18. But it doesn’t just happen. There are a few United players who I suspect would have benefitted massively if Van Gaal has stayed, and he’s one of them. Perhaps he himself is not blameless for failing to develop, but I still concur that he had the tools to be a player like Kanté back then at 18. Kanté is not Xavi. He’s a ball-winner, the best around at it. TFM was unbeatable as a teen.
I’ll leave you to die on that hill, then.

Bondi77

He is still only 21,
I would play him in the u23s as a DM and see how he looks and get match fitness and hopefully gets over his injuries.
He was really impressive under LVG and I recall one game when he had Sane in his pocket at Palace so there is definitely something there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With Dalot, Laird, Williams and AWB he's got some serious competition at RB.

He needs to aim for CB or CM, but he needs to choose and stick to it. He can't afford any more big injuries either as he's missed a huge part of his development at a young age.

Bestietom

We gave Pereira and Lingard their chance, and they are still in the team regardless of how bad they are. Give TFM a chance ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.