Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He'll probably play again vs Chelsea if Shaw and Williams are still out but I don't think we'll see him play again this season. Or ever again, I reckon.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I thought he did well, particularly with getting the ball ahead of his marker. For a first start in ages, playing on his unnatural side, I don't think we could realistically asked for more.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Didn't feck up and that's the most important thing you want from your backup defenders.

Anyone slagging him off needs their head checked. Considering the circumstances, he was actually doing a pretty good job.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His first game in 15 months, out of position and he did decent job. Defensively good, made good runs but his game was limited, both with his ability and position.

RedIan

He did ok, played safe and didnt make any errors Lots of back and side passing but didn't offer much going forward.. we missed shaw.

Welbeckham

Did exactly what he was supposed to do. Kept it simple. Professional performance.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we'll see him here again next season tbh
No doubt, but I think he's so far down the pecking order that it'll take injuries to the extent of this week to even see him make the squad.

Mr. Ant

He did what Ole asked him to do and he did it well enough.

He shouldn't have a problem finding a decent club in Holland or in the Championship.

bondsname

Didn't expect much from him, he came in, did his job, we won. Nothing to complain about.

Actually made me glad to see him back in action. I still think he can become a good CDM.

PoTMS

Decent tonight after a few hairy moments in the first half. Didn't look out of place which is the best compliment I can give him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't complain anything. First game in a long time and he was out of position for that. No glaring errors and was defensively solid.

Well done!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The fact that he managed a full 100 minutes after that long of not playing first team football alone should be commended

edgecutter

He was fine, some sloppy passes in the beginning but he was solid at LB for all the injuries we have. Williams and Shaw are way ahead of him, but he did a job tonight.

Prongsy

Solid and aggressive when he had to be. Sure, some silly fouls and all, but over all, fantastic. Some one had to lead and be bullish since we barely had a look into the game around half time. Plus AWB got booked at 35th minute, so good to see TFM not let Palace be another Saints vs us. Loved every time he went from behind and won the ball anyway, and nothing theyd do about it. Another day, he may have gotten an early yellow and would have been difficult to carry around, but for this game, we needed this.

Bwuk

Didn't feck up and that's the most important thing you want from your backup defenders.

Anyone slagging him off needs their head checked. Considering the circumstances, he was actually doing a pretty good job.
Pretty much this.

Hes never a left back though.

I wouldn’t be against keeping him around next season as depth but it’s probably best for him to try get a move.

Irrational.

He's not a left back, simple. Did what he had to and kept it simple, which is all we can ask. We can't expect him to be a rampaging left back as it's simply not his position.

Surprised Palace didn't target him with Zaha.

The_Midfielder

Pretty much this.

Hes never a left back though.

I wouldn’t be against keeping him around next season as depth but it’s probably best for him to try get a move.
He did exactly what Ole wanted .. All good

Litch

Grew into the game, pressurised situation too. Did enough and thought offers some cover....

Alemar

Provided zero in attack. Nothing at all, whatsoever. It’s not good enough for Man Utd full back

Rossa

He's not a left back, simple. Did what he had to and kept it simple, which is all we can ask. We can't expect him to be a rampaging left back as it's simply not his position.

Surprised Palace didn't target him with Zaha.
Why? He’s a very good defender that easily matches Zaha for pace. One on one is not where his faults lie. I think he should play RB against Chelsea.

Djemba-Djemba

He was thrown in to a fecking huge game after not playing for us in 3 years.

He wasn't brilliant but he was never going to be, I thought all things considered he did well.

KjaAnd

Did well. Happy to see him back after such a terrible injury. I still don't know what his best position is, but I guess he can be a decent back up all across the back four.

Irrational.

Why? He’s a very good defender that easily matches Zaha for pace. One on one is not where his faults lie. I think he should play RB against Chelsea.
He's also right footed, no?

I'd expect him to do much better at RB, so I agree. Think he'll be much better at RB.

Nick7

I thought he was pants in the first half. As all the players were. Not seen much in the second half

He did alright all things considered. Not much going forward but hes a right footed player low on game time.

MDFC Manager

Poor guy did alright in an unknown position.

I don't think he's got the quality to be here long term though, even as a squad player

fanutd

Deserves to be given another chance next season as a squad player. We can of course wish to sell every player who isn't a star but football is a squad game and these seasons are a marathon not a sprint. Have always liked his attitude+physicality and hope he kicks on and becomes a good squad player.

flappyjay

Amazing that he lasted the full game. He got some heat in the match day thread for not overlapping but that was just conserving energy as he hasn't played in over a year.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Did himself credit. I said last summer that I think he has it in him to be a similar player as AWB. He’s had a tough couple of years, but the player before that was always one I liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.