Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Able to beat the first defender with his crosses, and a good cross for Greenwood. That's the positive.

He's made to look one of the better player is more about how shite the other players were. Still same old TFM. He was allowed to over lap, ain't he? Many times he just jogging behind our wide attackers who got marked. So despite not going gung ho offensive wise, him not being at the right place, at the right time defensive wise is questionable. Lindelof shoulder most of the blame for his lack of ability, but at the same time, Lindelof really was more exposed than ever.

Red_toad

Able to beat the first defender with his crosses, and a good cross for Greenwood. That's the positive.

He's made to look one of the better player is more about how shite the other players were. Still same old TFM. He was allowed to over lap, ain't he? Many times he just jogging behind our wide attackers who got marked. So despite not going gung ho offensive wise, him not being at the right place, at the right time defensive wise is questionable. Lindelof shoulder most of the blame for his lack of ability, but at the same time, Lindelof really was more exposed than ever.
Yes AWB covers Lindelof‘ ass an awful lot. But I’d rather we had fullbacks that can get forward, rather than compensate for a team mates issues.
Ole has a lot of issues he needs to address. TFM had a decent game, but looked nothing special.

snowkarl

Couldn't cut it at Crystal Palace, couldn't cut it at Fulham... yet he's starting for Manchester United. Boggles the mind. Get rid asap.

Need a competent right back who can play most games. AWB isn't exactly Maradona either, with his donkey touch and passing, but at least he can defend. TFM was nowhere to be seen for the goals today. Did absolutely nothing in defence.

ti vu

Yes AWB covers Lindelof‘ ass an awful lot. But I’d rather we had fullbacks that can get forward, rather than compensate for a team mates issues.
Ole has a lot of issues he needs to address. TFM had a decent game, but looked nothing special.
If we talk about being ambitious, winning trophies. I 100% agree.

However, it's not like TFM is our future. In makeshift situation, where we want the best result possible. It clearly backfired. Had our ass well beaten, where the obvious weakness got exposed. Why took such risk? Rather playing for a draw.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
As a third choice right back, he done very fine today. His long term future probably isn't here, but he's not the reason we didn't win today.

ti vu

As a third choice right back, he done very fine today. His long term future probably isn't here, but he's not the reason we didn't win today.
We lost as a team and were well beaten... After their early goal, we looked at best getting a draw out of this game. Crystal Palace was very comfortable the whole game,

The point being, the risk with him in the team was too much and got exposed. He's not the scapegoat, but part of the domino of tactical mistake.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
We lost as a team and were well beaten... After their early goal, we looked at best getting a draw out of this game. Crystal Palace was very comfortable the whole game,

The point being, the risk with him in the team was too much and got exposed. He's not the scapegoat, but part of the domino of tactical mistake.
I really don't think he was exposed too much. The first goal you could argue that his positioning wasn't were we need it to be, but honestly things like that happen in a game that you're expected to win, and Lindelof and Maguire should have been able to cover for him comfortably.

Obviously AWB is our first choice, and if we can bring in Sancho (please let us bring in Sancho) that's our right hand side sorted on paper for 10 years, but TFM is fine as a squad option, he's one of the only players who didn't allow himself to be bullied today.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
One of the few to come out of that disgrace with any credit. He's a safe pair of hands at RB and a few other defensive positions and actually looked the most likely to put a decent ball in at times in the second half.

ti vu

I really don't think he was exposed too much. The first goal you could argue that his positioning wasn't were we need it to be, but honestly things like that happen in a game that you're expected to win, and Lindelof and Maguire should have been able to cover for him comfortably.

Obviously AWB is our first choice, and if we can bring in Sancho (please let us bring in Sancho) that's our right hand side sorted on paper for 10 years, but TFM is fine as a squad option, he's one of the only players who didn't allow himself to be bullied today.
I meant tactical wise, it exposed Lindelof. TFM himself individually ain't being targeted.

What worries me is that TFM has been getting more game time since the end of past season, which indicates he's higher than third option. It would well be another Pereira situation, where he would get plenty of game time due to rotation during the whole season, while it's obvious he's not good enough.

If Mengi is really that good, he should be given game time even if it's as RB. Easier to transit back to CB when you already have feel for the senior level, rather being thrown into deep end as CB on the odd opportunity.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's strong and works hard. But I still don't get why he's just waltzed his way into somehow being a first teamer. It seems you don't need to do or have much to make it into the United team these days.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
One of the few to come out of that disgrace with any credit. He's a safe pair of hands at RB and a few other defensive positions and actually looked the most likely to put a decent ball in at times in the second half.
Every team needs squad players but I do wonder whether a RB who has little to no qualify on the ball can be considered a safe pair of hands for a team with big ambitions.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Every team needs squad players but I do wonder whether a RB who has little to no qualify on the ball can be considered a safe pair of hands for a team with big ambitions.
Yeah I can't disagree, he wouldn't be anywhere near starting for a great United side of the past, but I think we have to cut our cloth accordingly and he does a job for us at the moment. I've seen people lumping TFM in with our very worst performers today, which just can't be right.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He put in a few crosses today that is better than anything Shaw puts in. Part of the problem with our team is if we expect our full backs to provide the width then they need to put in good quality crosses for our forwards. The cross he put in for Greenwood highlights exactly what our fullbacks should be doing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Should get a go at CB instead of Lindelof. Think he'd do very well there.

tomaldinho1

Put Smalling or Bailly as the RCB and have Donny on the right of a midfield three and I think TFM can be a decent option for us in games where teams sit back. He constantly has to worry about Lindelof (in the same way Shaw worries about Maguire's lack of pace) being caught on the counter and I thought he was decent enough last game. The guy can overlap, is fast and strong and just needs some game time & if we put someone like VdB there to help him who looks already our cleverest player in terms of space and taking the ball in tight areas we might have some decent competition for AWB.

Foxbatt

He is too enthusiastic. He needs to calm down. He is strong and quick and can put in a decent cross in. I also think he needs game time. He has played for the Dutch national team too. He is not a bad player to have as a back up in the squad.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seemingly close to Roma on loan. Which is odd as his deal is up next summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Cutting our losses it seems
But you can’t loan a player out who has no contract to come back to right? Well, you can, but sued wouldn’t be best business for us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But you can’t loan a player out who has no contract to come back to right? Well, you can, but sued wouldn’t be best business for us.
Yeah its odd, but I suppose we are saving wages if its true he just has one more year left. Not that he'd be on much, mind.

I dont like the way maguire shoved him out of the way after he made that good recovery, quite rude imo

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I dont like the way maguire shoved him out of the way after he made that good recovery, quite rude imo
He has to show some semblance of seniority. Doesn’t do so with his actual performances, so a quick shove to a younger player shows Magazza is the man in charge here.

He has to show some semblance of seniority. Doesn’t do so with his actual performances, so a quick shove to a younger player shows Magazza is the man in charge here.
I dont know why he likes man handling his own players so much, he dragged Shaw to the ground against Spurs too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

We do this crap and then complain there are too many defenders on the wage bill to buy more. Same s-t every season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I doubt he's earning much at all in comparison, so no harm in keeping him around.

Can play RB/LB/CB to a half decent level in case of an injury crisis.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's basically a back-up back-up that won't cost much in terms of wages and can be trusted more then a random youngster.

To be honest I don't think there's much difference between him and Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.