Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Hardly. The wage drain defenders are obvious (Rojo and Jones). TFM won’t be on big wages and isn’t someone we’re looking to move on.
And Bailly. If we're going to have a physical, fast, often injured defender who can't position himself, he might as well be on low wages and capable of filling in for other roles in a pinch.

jamesjimmybyrondean

The only reason we extend his contract is because he's from the academy. Not because he can play all 11 positions

tomaldinho1

He's not from the academy. He was signed during the LVG era.
He also had a lot of promise, just been unlucky with injuries. He's decent enough on the ball and rapid but a bit rash - maybe long term we'll see him alongside Axel as our CB pairing. Would alleviate the worries around pace, that's for sure.

acnumber9

We absolutely need to protect the value of somebody who wasn’t good enough for Fulham.

Okey

Strange one, this new deal. Potentially excusable if it's low wages, but you never know with United. Surprised to see he's stil only 22! Seems to have been around forever.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I can understand giving him a new deal, he's only 22, came through the academy and if he can ever stay fit for a duration of time, he can become a serviceable squad player like O'Shea.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
We absolutely need to protect the value of somebody who wasn’t good enough for Fulham.
Not sure that his Fulham loan was in the best interest of all concerned. Fulham were struggling at the time, TFM made a couple of errors early on, and then appeared to lose the confidence of the manager.
I've been pleasantly surprised with his few cameo appearances, looks strong, quick and has some ability. I think it's disappointing to just pick out a small player part of a players history, after all, Bruno played in the Italian League I believe, but wasn't very inspiring at that time.
I would like to see TFM given s chance at CB, perhaps against PSG, he has the pace to cope with their strikers, but obviously lacks the experience.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Was that a manager decision or Ed's decision to get some cash out of him? I'm afraid it the news is true, we will likely trigger Lingard extension.

acnumber9

Not sure that his Fulham loan was in the best interest of all concerned. Fulham were struggling at the time, TFM made a couple of errors early on, and then appeared to lose the confidence of the manager.
I've been pleasantly surprised with his few cameo appearances, looks strong, quick and has some ability. I think it's disappointing to just pick out a small player part of a players history, after all, Bruno played in the Italian League I believe, but wasn't very inspiring at that time.
I would like to see TFM given s chance at CB, perhaps against PSG, he has the pace to cope with their strikers, but obviously lacks the experience.
He wasn’t good enough for Crystal Palace either. He’ll never make it at United. We’ve seen enough to know that. For every Bruno there’s a hundred Darron Gibsons. Or Fosu Mensahs.

acnumber9

lots of players don’t do well during loans. Especially when they are young. Doesn’t mean he should forever be judged on that.
No, but it’s part of a trend. Not good enough for Fulham or Crystal Palace and never looked good enough for United either. Apart from that time he ran around like a headless chicken against Spurs that impressed everybody so much.

SAFMUTD

We do this crap and then complain there are too many defenders on the wage bill to buy more. Same s-t every season.
Feck me another deadwood case in the making. We love to extend underachieving players contracts, wouldn't surprise me if we offered a pay rise as well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He wasn’t good enough for Crystal Palace either. He’ll never make it at United. We’ve seen enough to know that. For every Bruno there’s a hundred Darron Gibsons. Or Fosu Mensahs.
He was decent for Palace and was their first choice most of the season until AWB broke through (partly because TFM wasn't allowed to play against us). Can't really expect any club to keep playing a loanee if their own youngster is performing well enough that he's worth 45m 12 months later.

dutchred

He was decent for Palace and was their first choice most of the season until AWB broke through (partly because TFM wasn't allowed to play against us). Can't really expect any club to keep playing a loanee if their own youngster is performing well enough that he's worth 45m 12 months later.
We have never seen him play for any extended period in his best position. At Ajax youth he always played as a CB of DM. Palace used him as a full back and Ole has used him as a let back. Given that both Jones and Roja will leave and even possibly Bailly, i think this is a good decision

acnumber9

We have never seen him play for any extended period in his best position. At Ajax youth he always played as a CB of DM. Palace used him as a full back and Ole has used him as a let back. Given that both Jones and Roja will leave and even possibly Bailly, i think this is a good decision
There could be a reason nobody at the professional level wants to use him as a centre back.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It's not like he's first or second or even third choice in some cases so whatever position he can play it should be filled by an academy player.

CB - Mengi
RB - Laird
Double pivot - Garner

Another Pereira in the making. We did the exact same thing for him

ti vu

I can understand giving him a new deal, he's only 22, came through the academy and if he can ever stay fit for a duration of time, he can become a serviceable squad player like O'Shea.
O'Shea broke through then established himself as our first choice LB in title winning team for a period. He's quality, and he earned his stay. In the end, we needed better and upgrade.

It's incomparable to this situation, as TFM is not even serviceable back up for any positions. He is like last resort for injury crisis situation, which should be the opportunity for players from the academy trying to break through. TFM hasn't shown that he's better than a talented player freshly off the academy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shouldn't be anywhere near the picture at all.
Was rivalling Tuanzebe for dreadful moments near the end.

Santos J

Weirdest sub since Powell came on vs Wolfsburg. Think it was 3 times he went to either challenge or control the ball and just completely missed.

Red00012

Searching frantically for the poster who said he’s the best RB at the club ..

Raw

Honestly, why the feck are we persisting with him? Why waste a sub on such a nothing player?

Nick7

This lad just pops out from nowhere every few weeks it seems. That was as bizarre a sub as Nick Powell against Wolfsburg.

GueRed

Full-Time Devils' Howson and McKola hyped him up like he was a generational talent or some bullshit a few years ago :lol:

ti vu

Why is he wasting against us ? Why did Kluivert seem pissed off at him for wasting time :lol: ? Weird situation
Yeah.
Then TFM was pissed at DDG for his own miscontrol of the ball. The whole thing got chaotic after the last round of sub.

acnumber9

Possibly the worst sub appearance I’ve seen in my life. Best get that new contract for him to sign quickly before we lose the £1m he’s worth.

El-Manos

One of those subs were Ole must have been like"The boys on redcafe said I need to make more subs..... Timothy, start warming up there will ya"

Godfather

He must be giving Ole the head or something. There is no other reason as to why he is even here still

Status
Not open for further replies.