Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I forgot 1 performance, who are you the fosu mensah police :lol:

He's gone lad deal with it, 1 performance out of 60 doesn't mean anything. The guy can barely control the ball and his positioning is even worse than Wan Bissakas!
Ohh look, you were making shit up and were called on it. Deal with it. The guy has been offered a contract.

Dinghy

Says it all about his ambitions as a footballer if he's happy playing 3 games a year.

Fridge chutney

Probably best for both parties. Would be nice to sign and sell, to recoup some of the development costs, but TFM isn't good enough as a first team regular and frankly isn't strong enough for the squad, especially given that we have Shaw/Telles combo on the left and we need someone at RB to challenge AWB - TFM isn't that person.

GueRed

will never forget Steve Howson of full-time devils proclaiming Fosu fecking Mensah the next Bryan Robson!

why do fans do this every year :lol:

Bwuk

will never forget Steve Howson of full-time devils proclaiming Fosu fecking Mensah the next Bryan Robson!

why do fans do this every year :lol:
Howson had a hard on for Timbo. Shame it never worked out for TFM. I thought he looked a great prospect when he was breaking through.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ohh look, you were making shit up and were called on it. Deal with it. The guy has been offered a contract.
They offer everybody a new deal doesn't mean they rate him :)

Clearly he's realised he's got no future here so he will be off to the scottish premiership or something similar.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Oh feck off offering him another deal, he's utter shite. Let him and all the other deadwood go

CM

I can sort of see why the club are reluctant to let him leave for nothing but he hasn't had a run in the side for years now - 'protecting value' shouldn't warrant a 3 year deal.

I'm sure he could still amount to something somewhere else but it isn't going to happen for him here.

Thiagoal

Offering contracts to players like TFM isn’t at a bad thing per se if the contract is a realistic amount, That way, other clubs would happily match the contract for a player of that ability. It would mean we are likely to get a decent transfer fee!

The problem with Jones, Rojo, Lingard etc is that we wildly overvalued them and other clubs are unwilling to pay them anywhere near to it.

48 hours

you would think offering him a 2 year deal back in January when he had 18 months left on his contract would have made more sense. If he rejected it, he should have been sold in the summer for whatever we could get

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Isn't offering him a contract what you need to do if you want to get compensation for an U23 player leaving on a free or something? Can't remember the rules, need some FM fans to tell us!

ti vu

Isn't offering him a contract what you need to do if you want to get compensation for an U23 player leaving on a free or something? Can't remember the rules, need some FM fans to tell us!
even if that's the case, it makes us even more desperate for the fee.

For the length of contract being offered, what if he has accepted?

Jaxa

Are United and that board of idiots finally starting to learn their lessons here ? Probably not but it was clear as day to everyone TFM did not have what it takes to cut it here, great guy it seems but needs to leave,

Next up:

- Jones
- Rojo
- Lingard
- Pereira permanently
- Mata

POF

Are United and that board of idiots finally starting to learn their lessons here ? Probably not but it was clear as day to everyone TFM did not have what it takes to cut it here, great guy it seems but needs to leave,

Next up:

- Jones
- Rojo
- Lingard
- Pereira permanently
- Mata
Nope. They offered him a new contract and he turned it down.

Right outcome though. It was the right move for all parties.

Jaxa

Nope. They offered him a new contract and he turned it down.

Right outcome though. It was the right move for all parties.
Yeah that's what I mean, although there was no real credible outlets reporting we did offer him a new deal but i wouldn't be surprised.

Alemar

You think Mata on 100k+ a week sitting on our bench 90% of the time is a good investment ? Jesus
I think, that this season Mata is doing Ok as a squad player.
He has 2G + 3A while playing not much at all - it is a decent return.

And considering we only have Matic and de Gea as 30+ players in the team, it doesn’t hurt to have one experienced attacking midfielder on the bench (I don’t suggest using him in tough games, but using him off the bench in more easier games may work)

Dve

I think, that this season Mata is doing Ok as a squad player.
He has 2G + 3A while playing not much at all - it is a decent return.

And considering we only have Matic and de Gea as 30+ players in the team, it doesn’t hurt to have one experienced attacking midfielder on the bench (I don’t suggest using him in tough games, but using him off the bench in more easier games may work)
I agree with that, although I would not be surprised if something suddenly happens around Mata this window, just like Young a year ago.

RedDevil@84

You think Mata on 100k+ a week sitting on our bench 90% of the time is a good investment ? Jesus
I don't think it is all about releasing the wages. It is about who contributes what to the team. Mata whenever he comes on in his proper role, gives a decent output. His experience can be used as well.
Mata's time will come. But I don't think he will be on a priority list for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.