Timothy Fosu Mensah

Litch

Off subject but Valera always was technically the best RB out all the young players. Whilst physically he might have the same attributes, when young players who are physically strong at their own level become over reliant on that, then struggle when they come up against men. I'd sooner have the skill set and build my body, than the other way round.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Seems a bit excessive to me...he's damn good but still has plenty to learn and I'm not 100% on his passing to be a CM just yet myself. He'll get a gig somewhere here for sure though barring injuries or possibly Mourinho :D

izec

I think he would make an excellent DM. I never thought of him as a CM. He arrived as a CB, and that suits him well too, but i can see him in the DM role long term, got fantatsic ability for that a bit more advanced role.

Norris

I think he would make an excellent DM. I never thought of him as a CM. He arrived as a CB, and that suits him well too, but i can see him in the DM role long term, got fantatsic ability for that a bit more advanced role.
I'd agree. If we can mould him like Schneiderlin sort of player, I think would be better though. Someone who can play as a DM but is equally adept as a box to box midfielder. But Ideally, I want him to be our future CB.

Dean Henderson/Perrera
Varela (Though I liked Janko more) - Tuanzebe - Mensah - Borthwick-Jackson
Weir - Still thinking of someone
Lingard - Pereira - Januzaj
Rashford
If some of those names come close to fullfilling their potential, I would be very happy with that team of XI fighting for places in the first team.

m1y2

McNair`s chance is to go out on loan and to show he can play consistenly well as CB, some teams could do with him as RB as well or try him as DM, anything which will guarantee gametime will be good for him and he is quite versatile player so he can get it. I dont think that it is good for him to play in one of 10 games or so for us...

Whereas players like Tuanzebe/Williams/TFM should stay with the team as they are way bigger talents than McNair, certainly much better defensively, on top of that TFM is very versatile as well and could get the chance first as he can play CDM/B2B or RB, his future spot is defensive minded B2B but he can cover number of spots so it will be interesting how we develop him and how we use him when we need him, if Schneiderlin/Carrick/Blind goes down might be him who goes on the pitch

Sid234

Great performance from him at LB.. One bad pass but other than that he was very good, hardly flustered by Ozil/Bellerin

Brightonian

I'd agree. If we can mould him like Schneiderlin sort of player, I think would be better though. Someone who can play as a DM but is equally adept as a box to box midfielder. But Ideally, I want him to be our future CB.

Dean Henderson/Perrera
Varela (Though I liked Janko more) - Tuanzebe - Mensah - Borthwick-Jackson
Weir - Still thinking of someone
Lingard - Pereira - Januzaj
Rashford
If some of those names come close to fullfilling their potential, I would be very happy with that team of XI fighting for places in the first team.

:(

Also... you preferred Janko to Varela? Blimey.

Norris

:(

Also... you preferred Janko to Varela? Blimey.
:(. I thought of him, but it's too late now.

Janko was pretty good last season for the U21s. I thought he had a better chance of making it than Varela to be honest.

In Rainbows

Janko was pretty good last season for the U21s. I thought he had a better chance of making it than Varela to be honest.
I was hopeful of Janko, but the more he played the more his technical deficiency stood out. I don't think he should have been playing as a winger for the u21s though. I know players are played in multiple positions, but I would rather he just played rb.

Norris

I was hopeful of Janko, but the more he played the more his technical deficiency stood out. I don't think he should have been playing as a winger for the u21s though. I know players are played in multiple positions, but I would rather he just played rb.
Yeah, but I thought tactically he was good and I found his crossing also decent to be honest. He seemed very mature with his performances from what I saw of him. Still think he will come good though and might make his way back into the PL with some mid table club.

m1y2

Janko never had brain and mentality to make it as a top tier footballer, he was just all about speed and physicality. He will be glad he will play in the championship. Janko was basically like poor man's Valencia...he lacked any technical abilities so was started as rightback and filled in well for a while but he was soon found out in the cup game, he was also considered because his best role could be as wingback and we played five at the back but as I said his positioning was awful to play this demanding role. It was a good riddance

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have really high hopes for Mensah, think he'll develop into a world class DM.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's my pick to make it big time out of all our kids.

FromTheBench

Looks like TFM is ahead of McNair in the CB list.
Everybody seems ahead of Mcnair in the CB list right now. LVG is strange like that. You get on his good books and then fall in his bad books pretty quick.

FromTheBench

I feel like it is a balance issue. If he is going to play Blind he would prefer a quicker CB next to him.
Dunno. Mcnair partnered Blind few times last season infact he was probably his most routine partner or Rojo.

Even vs Lukaku IIRC where Mcnair got plaudits.

Mcnair is just having bit of a form blip at the moment and struggling with physical attackers particularly.

FromTheBench

Personally I don't think McNair is any good, at this level I mean. He will be out of the door in the summer IMO.
I'd give him a new contract and loan him out personally.

Think there's still something about him though Tuanzebe, CBJ, Fosu Mensah, Williams all seem bigger talents.

jb8521

Dunno. Mcnair partnered Blind few times last season infact he was probably his most routine partner or Rojo.

Even vs Lukaku IIRC where Mcnair got plaudits.

Mcnair is just having bit of a form blip at the moment and struggling with physical attackers particularly.
I think the only game he played with Blind as his cb partner last year was against Palace

khoazany

I'd give him a new contract and loan him out personally.

Think there's still something about him though Tuanzebe, CBJ, Fosu Mensah, Williams all seem bigger talents.
If somehow LVG or Giggs still in charge I'm sure that McNair will be loaned out next season.In fact if not for Tuanzebe's injury I'd imagine he would have been loaned out by now.

Sid234

Question: Can't McNair simply be turned back into a holding midfielder?
That might be what Van Gaal has in mind maybe, he did bring him on as a DM vs Watford. He was a highly rated AMC when we brought him to the academy, so it's not like he can't play in midfield But It's hard to predict what Van Gaal's intends to do.

I think the main reason TFM got a start at cb because he's ahead of McNair in terms of match fitness..

Lynty

McNair can carry the ball well...thats about it.

Still holding judgement on Mensah. Haven't seen enough of him and thought he was slightly shaky against Watford. Though that probably has something to do with Blind deciding to have the worst game of his United career on the lads debut.

Blzbud

McNair can carry the ball well...thats about it.

Still holding judgement on Mensah. Haven't seen enough of him and thought he was slightly shaky against Watford. Though that probably has something to do with Blind deciding to have the worst game of his United career on the lads debut.
I can definitely agree with the sentiment of holding judgement on such a young player on the basis of one game. However, I was impressed by TFM while I was watching the game and now having watched his extended personal highlights video, I have to say that I feel like he put in an astonishing performance. Yes, he was a bit dodgy at the start, but for an U18 to perform as well as he did in a PL game of that intensity makes me a bit giddy about what kind of player we might have here. Not saying he is at all ready for regular first team football, I don't know, but long term he could be a colossus.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Till 2019 i think...not 100% sure.

But he has signed 100% a new contract in August last year.

It was his 1st professional contract, seems to have been a 2-yr deal until 2017 (transfermarkt). Heard the next deal would be until 2020 with an option for one more, on 20k/w.

Viggers

I have seen him playing in defence, but what kind of midfielder is this guy?