Timothy Fosu Mensah

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
16yr old center back.

Has been training with our U18 and close to signing for us according to the excellent @jb8521

khoazany

He's a bit of a tank.

He's an Ajax lad, so van Gaal is likely to approve.
McClair is the one making these kind of decision.

We were actively scouting Ajax and Anderlecht during AEGON so not a surprise if we go for few of their players.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
McClair is the one making these kind of decision.

We were actively scouting Ajax and Anderlecht during AEGON so not a surprise if we go for few of their players.
Obviously, doesn't mean van Gaal won't approve though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That's not a tank, he looks smaller than Welbeck was at that age. A tank is someone like Micah Richards who looked like he had been lifting since he was 10.

PS18

Pretty well-stocked for CBs in that age bracket right now so assume he'll have to be rated extremely highly to be brought in.

ricky-romeo

impressive. the first few clips he was like an attacking midfielder or something and then the next he was like a ball playing defender.

khoazany

Pretty well-stocked for CBs in that age bracket right now so assume he'll have to be rated extremely highly to be brought in.
I can see we play him as a CDM in couple occasions though.CBJ will certainly play a lot as LB this season and Scott is better as full back so I don't see any problem fitting him in.Tuanzebe and Williams are quite versatile as well.Can't see Dunne getting much game times in his first year as a scholar.

PS18

I can see we play him as a CDM in couple occasions though.CBJ will certainly play a lot as LB this season and Scott is better as full back so I don't see any problem fitting him in.Tuanzebe and Williams are quite versatile as well.Can't see Dunne getting much game times in his first year as a scholar.
No problem fitting him in if he's quality, obviously - that's what I mean. In other positions we might be more tempted to take a punt but with the talent already there at CB (and even if CBJ/Scott etc will play full-back, CB would be their preferred/best position at this point I'd say) I think we'd have to be absolutely convinced he's the real deal to bring him in - encouraging, if it's happening.

FromTheBench

Is this deal happening ? Someone on another dutch forum saying it's not likely to happen now even though we looked at him.

Oddly enough City have signed 2 Young dutch talents this summer in Rodney Kongolo, and Javairo Dilrosun and are targetting another.

We haven't made any new youth acquisitions at all this summer except a GK in Malinkovic.

khoazany

Is this deal happening ? Someone on another dutch forum saying it's not likely to happen now even though we looked at him.

Oddly enough City have signed 2 Young dutch talents this summer in Rodney Kongolo, and Javairo Dilrosun and are targetting another.

We haven't made any new youth acquisitions at all this summer except a GK in Malinkovic.
City always have more imported youngsters than us in recent years.No surprise here.

FromTheBench

City always have more imported youngsters than us in recent years.No surprise here.
Yeah, but we've not made any acquisitions for a while now despite having plenty of trialists. Imported or English. Well High profile English signings we rarely do anyway for some reason like Crowley for Arsenal last season. Or Ben Sheaf already this season.

Last summer the only one was Janko too IIRC. Goss and Pereira the summer before that and he was more low profile.

Surely now with the success of Januzaj breaking into the first team and the potential Pogba and Daehli showed we could do more of those kind. Especially with English talents now there is fixed price for academy acquisitions too with category system. Other top clubs would leave us bit behind like this.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Can you give me the link to the forum you're talking about please?

khoazany

Yeah, but we've not made any acquisitions for a while now despite having plenty of trialists. Imported or English. Well High profile English signings we rarely do anyway for some reason like Crowley for Arsenal last season. Or Ben Sheaf already this season.

Last summer the only one was Janko too IIRC. Goss and Pereira the summer before that and he was more low profile.

Surely now with the success of Januzaj breaking into the first team and the potential Pogba and Daehli showed we could do more of those kind. Especially with English talents now there is fixed price for academy acquisitions too with category system. Other top clubs would leave us bit behind like this.
Agree and I'd like to see some imported youngsters to bolster the team both in terms of quality and squad strength.We seem to have adjusted our approach after the rule changed though and only go for the highest quality youngsters in the last two years (Janko,Dunne in the U16s and Goss the summer before - yes he has low key profile but everyone can see his quality).Before that we usually have 3-5 imported players every U18s crop if you count players imported at U15s-U16s.

I expected us to sign Oberlin Mfomo this summer but we screwed up that deal.Not necessarily a bad thing to have only a handful of acquisitions though as our U16s this season have a couple of quite highly-rated youngsters (Gribbin,Dearnley,Williams,Makela to name a few) who could do with more chances in the U18s.Dearnley and Williams already made a couple of appearances at this level.We'll be fine in term of squad depth if you take them into account.

Still badly need a striker though unless we convert one to that position.I don't see the need to strengthen in any other department unless it's a really special talent.

Last edited:

FromTheBench

These are the 3 apparently in Manchester apparently a week or so back. Though not sure about that.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Agree and I'd like to see some imported youngsters to bolster the team both in terms of quality and squad strength.We seem to have adjusted our approach after the rule changed though and only go for the highest quality youngsters in the last two years (Janko,Dunne in the U16s and Goss the summer before - yes he has low key profile but everyone can see his quality).Before that we usually have 3-5 imported players every U18s crop if you count players imported at U15s-U16s.

I expected us to sign Oberlin Mfomo this summer but we screwed up that deal.Not necessarily a bad thing to have only a handful of acquisitions though as our U16s this season have a couple of quite highly-rated youngsters (Gribbin,Dearnley,Williams,Makela to name a few) who could do with more chances in the U18s.Dearnley and Williams already made a couple of appearances at this level.We'll be fine in term of squad depth if you take them into account.

Still badly need a striker though unless we convert one to that position.I don't see the need to strengthen in any other department unless it's a really special talent.
What do you mean by 'screwed up that deal'?