Tired....again

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
No it's not excuse man. Only the blind ones wouldn't see most of our guys looked gashed.

And of course I don't buy that tiredness is mostly mental or if your brain 'command' your body to not be tired then your body will gladly 'obey' then be freshed as new. It's totally bollock. If so football clubs wouldn't hire any fitness coach or invest millions into their fitness recovery facility but only hire some therapists. And I've been playing football for almost 25 years, amateur of course. Have you ever play football or any sport?
I play semi pro and also coach two teams.
So yeah, I know the score!! :lol:

I emplore you to read a book called Football:Raise your Mental game by Richard Nugent, would open your mind to a lot.

You do realise how many therapists and Psychologists work with football teams right??
These techniques get taught all the time.

KevinJoh

Yeah Ive thought this since the Europa dates became apparent. Liverpool have been on a beach for three weeks now while our lads still have another 10 days, potentially, of football to play In 30 degree heat. In exchange we start all of one week later, which doesnt even begin to make up for It. I really think we’ll pay for playing these summer games mid season.
Agree on this. We will be very lucky if we find a way to stay healthy and fit and don't see the consequences of tight schedule in PL and now EL. Comparing to most of the other clubs, our players won't have any rest between two seasons. We will have less than a month (if we play final) to rest and prepare for new season which is impossible. Not sure what we plan to do at all, as club will probably give them one week off, and than they will start preseason, but probably without fitness part and just games. Playing a few of them. Maybe some of the lads get one week more for example, like first eleven and others one week, as they had week or so now between PL and EL games. Problem is that not sure body will rest enough and be ready for next season, or we will get injuries on the road.
Our squad is thin and some of the players already have issues. Rashford back injury, Maguire had injury and played with it, Matic is old enough and with injury problems in the last 24 months, Pogba was season out with injury. One of the players out and we are in problems.

Strelok

I play semi pro and also coach two teams.
So yeah, I know the score!! :lol:

I emplore you to read a book called Football:Raise your Mental game by Richard Nugent, would open your mind to a lot.

You do realise how many therapists and Psychologists work with football teams right??
These techniques get taught all the time.
Yeah they do but their job is not to tell a tired player "You're not tired, tell your brain that it need to tell your body that it's not tired and get back to 100 % now" I think?

Let me tell you my personal experience.

So I was about 22 and was playing three matches a week, amateur of course. We played only for fun. I was not really good but doing ok I think. One of my mates who played in the semi pro, where money started to involve. One day he asked me to go play for his team because of his teammates were injured and he couldn't find anyone. Ok fine I went and played. Only 75' and I had to asked out because my body couldn't handle it anymore. It was so fast paced, so physical and so tense that I was completely exhausted only after 75'. And I was really fit by that time, six packs and stuff. Compare to my usual match it was like you do some jogging for 90' vs you sprint and run and sprint for a whole 75'. Mentally it was like you spend an hour reading your favourite book vs you spend an hour doing a university math exam. I could barely walk for like two days after that match. My whole body ached like hell.

About you playing semi pro and coach two team I wouldn't go as far as call you a liar but I think we'd better stop here as tbh I started to find discussing with you is a waste of time.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yeah they do but their job is not to tell a tired player "You're not tired, tell your brain that it need to tell your body that it's not tired and get back to 100 % now" I think?

Let me tell you my personal experience.

So I was about 22 and was playing three matches a week, amateur of course. We played only for fun. I was not really good but doing ok I think. One of my mates who played in the semi pro, where money started to involve. One day he asked me to go play for his team because of his teammates were injured and he couldn't find anyone. Ok fine I went and played. Only 75' and I had to asked out because my body couldn't handle it anymore. It was so fast paced, so physical and so tense that I was completely exhausted only after 75'. And I was really fit by that time, six packs and stuff. Compare to my usual match it was like you do some jogging for 90' vs you sprint and run and sprint for a whole 75'. Mentally it was like you spend an hour reading your favourite book vs you spend an hour doing a university math exam. I could barely walk for like two days after that match. My whole body ached like hell.

About you playing semi pro and coach two team I wouldn't go as far as call you a liar but I think we'd better stop here as tbh I started to find discussing with you is a waste of time.
No worries.

I'll go back to enjoying my two pre season games and two training sessions a week, unless you think that's a lie too? :confused:

But if I were you I would read that book I suggested, will probably open your mind to a lot of things.

At least it might make you understand what I'm saying a bit better anyhow.