Tired....again

Davie Moyes

No stats are required to be able to tell with eyes the team are knackered and you can tell the most with Bruno and I'd say Pogba also. The drop off in quality of Bruno's play has been massive. The mis controls, the unsuccessful poor passes etc. Fair play to the guy he's given absolutely everything.

Ralph1386

Thank the lord you'll never be manager of United or we would never win anything again :lol: :lol:
If you read the forum, you will see that not everybody agrees with last Sunday’s lineup or the way the squad is being rotated at the moment.

People are entitled to agree or to disagree. You can express your opinion in a constructive way. Being mocking like this does not make your point any more valid or relevant.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If you read the forum, you will see that not everybody agrees with last Sunday’s lineup or the way the squad is being rotated at the moment.

People are entitled to agree or to disagree. You can express your opinion in a constructive way. Being mocking like this does not make your point any more valid or relevant.
Indeed it doesn't, but when one is willing to throw away the chance for a trophy then I believe it deserves an element of mocking, as thats one step away from being an Arsenal fan :lol:

But that's the beauty of forums on t'web, it gives us the ability to air our thoughts in a controlled environment.

Ralph1386

Indeed it doesn't, but when one is willing to throw away the chance for a trophy then I believe it deserves an element of mocking, as thats one step away from being an Arsenal fan :lol:

But that's the beauty of forums on t'web, it gives us the ability to air our thoughts in a controlled environment.
Whether or not you believe it, is your opinion and doesn’t make it right. Sometimes you can just agree to disagree and move on without being disrespectful.

Last edited:

Champ

Whether or not you believe it, is your opinion and doesn’t make it right. Sometimes you can just agree to disagree and move on without being disrespectful.
Many apologies,

I guess you must be tired :lol:

Snuffkin

Noone could be arsed with the Chelsea game Ole should have rested Bruno

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wednesday to Sunday is a decent rest, you'd hope they'll have a bit more freshness in them today. If not then I reckon it's a mental problem not physical.

sparx99

We were pretty unlucky in the Southampton game to lose Shaw and then Williams at the end. I reckon we’d have held out with 11 players still on the field.

We were also fairly unlucky losing Bailly in the cup semi final. I’m not saying we were playing well but clearly that injury and the disruption led to the first Chelsea goal.

Tiredness has been a huge factor but we’ve beed a tad unlucky in a couple of games recently too.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Noone could be arsed with the Chelsea game Ole should have rested Bruno
Bit late with what should have happened...

Today is what counts. If some of these players can't be up for a game of immense magnitude then quite frankly they shouldn't be at Utd.

Cut out the stupid errors would be a good start. High risk football in the first third of the pitch has cost us points not just since restart but in the 10 draws previous.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We were pretty unlucky in the Southampton game to lose Shaw and then Williams at the end. I reckon we’d have held out with 11 players still on the field.

We were also fairly unlucky losing Bailly in the cup semi final. I’m not saying we were playing well but clearly that injury and the disruption led to the first Chelsea goal.

Tiredness has been a huge factor but we’ve beed a tad unlucky in a couple of games recently too.
I would have been prepared to accept that had it only been Southampton but we've been making rash errors for a few games now, inexplicable ones at that: Poor concentration at corners and set pieces, casual passes,basic goal keeping errors and at the other end not taking those chances that would put teams to bed.

All in all, we've shown quality and character to come back but sticking to the basics is something that we need to do better.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Even on this forum that is one of the daftest posts i’ve read in a long time. So well done I suppose.

Why can’t you just accept Ole has done a fantastic job?
It was immediately after the game and I was fuming. Football fans say silly things when they are mad about the result of a game. Who knew?

He hasn't done a fantastic job. He has done alright and recovered well after a disastrous start. Calling scrapping for a CL place against Leicester on the final day of the season a "fantastic job" by the manager is really low standards. We have the third best squad in the league, so finishing 3rd would be a par score for Ole. I bet you weren't calling Mourinho fantastic when he led us to 2nd and a cup final with nearly 20 points more than we have this season.

Keefy18

There have been many opportunities to rest individuals but Ole has refused to do so! Fred and McT were bossing the midfield earlier in the season so surely should have started more games together to give Matic, Bruno and Pogba a rest? The teams we’ve played have been pretty poor so could have easily rotated more
Bossing is an exaggeration!

We were 14 pts off 3rd place as recent as GW 24, The Burnley loss in January.

If they were "bossing the midfield" as you incorrectly put it, we wouldn't be 14 pts from 3rd!

Since Ole has stuck with a consistent 11 we closed that 14 pt gap and now sit 3rd ourselves.

Champ

Wednesday to Sunday is a decent rest, you'd hope they'll have a bit more freshness in them today. If not then I reckon it's a mental problem not physical.
I think you'll find you've got the nail on the head here squire.
Nowt wrong physically, it's mostly mental.
As proof, look at every time we have had an opportunity to make ground on other teams... we've generally dropped points or played poorly.
just hope today is different

Lentwood

It was immediately after the game and I was fuming. Football fans say silly things when they are mad about the result of a game. Who knew?

He hasn't done a fantastic job. He has done alright and recovered well after a disastrous start. Calling scrapping for a CL place against Leicester on the final day of the season a "fantastic job" by the manager is really low standards. We have the third best squad in the league, so finishing 3rd would be a par score for Ole. I bet you weren't calling Mourinho fantastic when he led us to 2nd and a cup final with nearly 20 points more than we have this season.
Fair enough, I do accept we all say daft things in the heat of the moment. I still disagree 3rd is par, our first XI is maybe 3rd/4th best but beyond that the likes of Pereira, Mata, James, Lingard etc...would struggle to get into any top half side.

I actually did say Mourinho did a fantastic job finishing 2nd. I remember at the time me and the lad I used to go to games with both got constant stick for agreeing with Jose that it was one of the best achievements of his managerial career!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think you'll find you've got the nail on the head here squire.
Nowt wrong physically, it's mostly mental.
As proof, look at every time we have had an opportunity to make ground on other teams... we've generally dropped points or played poorly.
just hope today is different
Why can't you understand that playing 4 games in 8 days will take it out of the players? especially when they've had no chance to rotate or take it easy.

We haven't dropped points EVERY time so that isn't a true fact.

What we can see though is the players not running and not concentrating, and that all matches being tired.

Hopefully with 3 days to recover from a home game we will see a fresher side today.

Champ

Why can't you understand that playing 4 games in 8 days will take it out of the players? especially when they've had no chance to rotate or take it easy.

We haven't dropped points EVERY time so that isn't a true fact.

What we can see though is the players not running and not concentrating, and that all matches being tired.

Hopefully with 3 days to recover from a home game we will see a fresher side today.
I've no doubt that fatigue creeps in, but as I keep on saying, every team is in the same boat, the same amount of games have been played on the same time frame for everyone.
As for players not running, that's not true, the amount of distance covered is pretty much the same throughout the games.
As for take it easy, that's what light trainings for, Leicester would have been intensive with their training this week, whereas we played midweek meaning we will have had light training sessions as our fitness is already up to speed.
Swings and roundabouts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've no doubt that fatigue creeps in, but as I keep on saying, every team is in the same boat, the same amount of games have been played on the same time frame for everyone.
As for players not running, that's not true, the amount of distance covered is pretty much the same throughout the games.
As for take it easy, that's what light trainings for, Leicester would have been intensive with their training this week, whereas we played midweek meaning we will have had light training sessions as our fitness is already up to speed.
Swings and roundabouts.
distance isn't important (although I havent seen the figures) that can depend on what sort of match you're playing.

It's the intensity which is important, and that's clearly not been there at all.

Champ

distance isn't important (although I havent seen the figures) that can depend on what sort of match you're playing.

It's the intensity which is important, and that's clearly not been there at all.
Intensity also is dependent on what game your playing.
As I say, swings and roundabouts.

Champ

Must have been tired today....another win

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Job done. Hopefully with enough resting time before the Europa resuming, the lads would have recovered enough strength to win the title.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
A significant break now, not long enough to lose your rhythm but long enough to get rested up. And LASK will/should be a chance to build fitness/get minutes for some squad players.

No excuses if we want to go and win the EL. We can't be tired going into that.

Enigma_87

You know who
Why one? We didn't trust both.

Also no 2 games are same, just because we dropped points against Southampton doesn't mean we shouldn't make any subs vs West Ham.

I don't get these bold parts, why would I look to blame Ole. You can ask posters lke @Andycoleno9 @Enigma_87 and few others who are "ole Out', they keep saying I defend Ole no matter what and then we have posters like you who are in "Ole can do no wrong" camp, comes up with "I'm looking for reasons to blame Ole" fecking hell, at least think before you come up with something like that.

I didn't ask Ole to win league titles, I didn't even say Ole should smash all the teams on our way to top 4, I said Ole was wrong not so use any of Fred or McTominay, by subbing out Matic. Not sure how that is me reaching for an easy answer, which is to blame Ole. We have 5 subs, we have players like Fred, McTominey and players like Matic playing like shit on the pitch. Basic expectation is the player who is exhausted and shit to be moved out and players who are fresh and energetic to come on and offer something to the team.
I'm still 'Ole out' but don't really have the energy to argue about it in length :)

I'm not sure I've said something about the bolded one after the season started. It sounded as such initially, but later on you changed your stance, so generally I have zero issues with your posts like for an year or so.

OneUnited24

I don’t think we look tired. Off the pace sure or rusty but not tired.

Almost looks like they underestimated their opponent...

Zen86

We don’t look tired, we just don’t look very good. We look a bit w**k without Matic and its a bit of a common theme.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t think we look tired. Off the pace sure or rusty but not tired.

Almost looks like they underestimated their opponent...
If you can tell the difference between the reason for our sloppy play (so far) tonight and our sloppy play towards the end of the season then you’re a far better analyst than I am!

Something else this has in common with all those games is a lame first quarter. Which I was assured at the time was residual tiredness from the previous game. What are we blaming it on tonight?

OneUnited24

If you can tell the difference between the reason for our sloppy play (so far) tonight and our sloppy play towards the end of the season then you’re a far better analyst than I am!
I guess it’s interpretation. In the league games every pass was under hit and our movement was very static. Here we’re making runs and good pieces of play but the final ball has been off.

Skills

Snitch
We play like a tired team because our movement is shite both defending and attacking. The better coached teams in the league instinctively know where to go, where to pass, where to press while our guys are figuring it out on the pitch.

Champ

Nah defo tiredness,
I mean they haven't had a rest for the last decade, played every minute of every day...

Seriously though, It's what happens when teams have a prelonged rest, they lose intensity.
Sure the heat is probably having an impact too,

But some would have us rest our players for three weeks before throwing back into the premiership, because they're tired...