Title Race 22/23

Irwin99

That win for Arsenal has won them the title.
I'd rather see Arsenal win it if United can't but they still have City, Liverpool and Newcastle all away from home to come. It wouldn't be the worst thing for them to get knocked out of the Europa League and just focus on the Premiership because it's still a real battle for them.

Guy Incognito

That win for Arsenal has won them the title.
Think it's given them belief but let's be real, they were expected to win today.

Still have to go to Liverpool, Newcastle, City, and a London derby against struggling Chelsea. In-form Fulham are up next.

Not saying they can't win it but if City are any good as people make out they are they will keep the pressure up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Personally I’ve never thought we are in it and I’m hoping this run hasn’t fooled fans into feeling entitled to a league challenge next year. I still feel we are some way away from that level. Winning mentality and toughness is fine but gaining a super level of cohesiveness takes a lot of time.

vanrooney

Personally I’ve never thought we are in it and I’m hoping this run hasn’t fooled fans into feeling entitled to a league challenge next year. I still feel we are some way away from that level. Winning mentality and toughness is fine but gaining a super level of cohesiveness takes a lot of time.
what makes you think we are not capabable of a challenge next year? we are the top performers since september and will get in some more faces in the summer. until now eth works wonders and we get better and better every months. at this rate i would be surprised if we are not in the title race next year

Nero

Why do people say silly things like today's game has won Arsenal the title? 5 points ahead of City and still to go to the Etihad. City will be past them in no time at all.

amolbhatia50k

what makes you think we are not capabable of a challenge next year? we are the top performers since september and will get in some more faces in the summer. until now eth works wonders and we get better and better every months. at this rate i would be surprised if we are not in the title race next year
I wouldn’t say it’s impossible but I’m not expecting it. ETH has done a magnificent job but I do think we’ve been riding a bit of mentality and effort. When I purely see the football, the passing, cohesion, pinning teams back, moving seamlessly out of a press etc City, Arsenal and Liverpool of a few years back are still ahead and look / looked like teams that have been coached for 4/5/6 years with the ideas of that manager

amolbhatia50k

Why do people say silly things like today's game has won Arsenal the title? 5 points ahead of City and still to go to the Etihad. City will be past them in no time at all.
I felt it was Arsenals long before this game. It is probably said as an affirmation of a previously held view

InfiniteBoredom

@Pele's blue pil I told you yeah, Arsenal are gonna win it. I'd be disappointed not to from this great position. To answer your question about the title lost vs City, I was in a depressed state for a few days
We were 8 points ahead with 6 games to go.

They are now 5 ahead with 12 games to go.

Both had/have to go to the Emptyhad.

Ours was a great position, theirs? Good, but nowhere near as good. If they lose it they will of course be disappointed, but won’t be nearly as soul-crushing. We handed that title to City.

Lights Out

We are not in the title race but finishing Top 4 is pretty much nailed on.

If we are going to rotate and rest players then it should be in the easier league games so we can prioritise the two cup competitions

iamking

I'd rather see Arsenal win it if United can't but they still have City, Liverpool and Newcastle all away from home to come. It wouldn't be the worst thing for them to get knocked out of the Europa League and just focus on the Premiership because it's still a real battle for them.
Newcastle have been looking meh.. I think their top 4 chances are highly overrated. They will drop down to a 6th or 7th by end of season. They wont provide any threat to Arsenal. City and Pool are the hardest game for them. If they come out of it scotfree, the race will go down to the wire.

Between City and Arsenal, an Arsenal PL win will remove all excuses for our poor show in the past decade. Arsenal spent a shit load of money, but they did it with a solid plan. Without hesitation they threw out all bad eggs and gave themselves a chance. With Pool on a rebuild and both City and Pool overplaying the last season, there was a big void this season and Arsenal got lucky to fill it. It should have been us if only we had cut-off Ole and gone for ETH a season earlier instead of all the sentimental nonsense promoted by in the media by the obnoxious ex-player gang.

Much as the City win could give us peace (as we can brush it off as their dubious spending etc.) , I would still love an Arsenal win. It will go on to show that spending money with a plan should succeed and it doesn't have to always be State Sponsored ownership. Lot of people forget that Oil + Pep has made them the force they are. Once Pep leaves, I fully expect them to drop a level and the PL to be much more open. With our loveable baldy shaping the team to a T, a possible Klopp rebuild, the young dynamic Arsenal team, without this Oil+Pep cancer, The PL would be exciting. So Arsenal Win for me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We were 8 points ahead with 6 games to go.

They are now 5 ahead with 12 games to go.

Both had/have to go to the Emptyhad.

Ours was a great position, theirs? Good, but nowhere near as good. If they lose it they will of course be disappointed, but won’t be nearly as soul-crushing. We handed that title to City.
Never compared both situations. I know which situations is more painful than the other, they're still in a great positions to win it as they've been so far the best team in the league

RuudTom83

The Arsenal game against City will take on such epic proportions I fully expect the winners to lose the following game anyway...making the result at the Etihad somewhat redundant.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The Arsenal game against City will take on such epic proportions I fully expect the winners to lose the following game anyway...making the result at the Etihad somewhat redundant.
Script writers at the FA are sharpening their quills! Can imagine a random red card for City and a random handball penalty at the death to give Mikels Brave Boys the win

vanrooney

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible but I’m not expecting it. ETH has done a magnificent job but I do think we’ve been riding a bit of mentality and effort. When I purely see the football, the passing, cohesion, pinning teams back, moving seamlessly out of a press etc City, Arsenal and Liverpool of a few years back are still ahead and look / looked like teams that have been coached for 4/5/6 years with the ideas of that manager
would have said that at the beginning of the season as you normally need some time to gel and get the tactics of the new manager. but the development under eth is extreme and if he gets one, two further players and they have the same impact as his signings to date i am very optimistic

Nori-

The Premier League doing everything they can to help Arsenal win it so the bad VAR decision/2 dropped points, will quietly go away.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
With a top striker we could easily challenge. We wouldn't be favourites, but we would be in with a realistic shot. Don't underestimate how much a top striker can improve us, especially relative to how little we've gotten out of our front 3 players outside of Rashford.

croadyman

We’re out of the race by virtue that we don’t get anywhere near the amount of bullshit decisions in our favour from the officials as the other two do.
Thank you for saying it,we have been royally screwed ever since the Bruno goal whereas Arteta's bitching over Brentford goal has got them whatever they want

croadyman

Luck is in their favour it seems. However let's see how they handle midweek games. Still only 5 points, a trip to Etihad waiting and they have a worse GD.
They will just rest big names for Europa so it won't have any effect on them whatsoever

Rojofiam

It's neck and neck, but I think Arsenal are the best team in the league currently and they will win it...which I won't mind since we have next to no chances of catching them.

I'm surprised most people here want City to win it three times in a row (something that only United have accomplised so far in the PL) rather than Arsenal getting this one...yeah, a lot of their fans are insufferable assholes (goes for every fanbase tbh), but at least they are a big club.

Those that liken them to 2016 Leicester should just stop watching football. Whether you despise them or not, they have a really good, young team with a really good, young manager and they'll be challenging every season most likely for the next couple of years.

croadyman

It's neck and neck, but I think Arsenal are the best team in the league currently and they will win it...which I won't mind since we have next to no chances of catching them.

I'm surprised most people here want City to win it three times in a row (something that only United have accomplised so far in the PL) rather than Arsenal getting this one...yeah, a lot of their fans are insufferable assholes (goes for every fanbase tbh), but at least they are a big club.

Those that liken them to 2016 Leicester should just stop watching football. Whether you despise them or not, they have a really good, young team with a really good, young manager and they'll be challenging every season most likely for the next couple of years.
Right last paragraph tells me I want City to win

golazogun

Supports
Arsenal
The Premier League doing everything they can to help Arsenal win it so the bad VAR decision/2 dropped points, will quietly go away.
Wish it were true , game would have been won much sooner with Bournemouth deciding to play volleyball today.

what decision even went our way? it's minimum, added time and the bournemouth player sat down and faked an injury for 2 minutes right as injury time started and Kavanaugh said ok I'm adding that back

croadyman

Wish it were true , game would have been won much sooner with Bournemouth deciding to play volleyball today.

what decision even went our way? it's minimum, added time and the bournemouth player sat down and faked an injury for 2 minutes right as injury time started and Kavanaugh said ok I'm adding that back
Minimum added time don't make me laugh,you have got the League & FA doing everything in their power to secure title for your lot

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Minimum added time don't make me laugh,you have got the League & FA doing everything in their power to secure title for your lot
To be fair, every time injury time is announced it’s announced as ‘there will be a minimum of x minutes added time’, every single game. Yeah it’s annoying, but let them have their time in the sun. Most their fans wanted Arteta sacked not too long ago. We have the receipts.

croadyman

To be fair, every time injury time is announced it’s announced as ‘there will be a minimum of x minutes added time’, every single game. Yeah it’s annoying, but let them have their time in the sun. Most their fans wanted Arteta sacked not too long ago. We have the receipts.
Why did Bournemouth give them the ball anyway when just needed to keep at other end

InfiniteBoredom

They will just rest big names for Europa so it won't have any effect on them whatsoever
They went on a 3 game winless streak in the league after getting dumped out of the FAC.

A defeat is always bad, they’ve responded to that bad run very well with 4 wins on the trot, but it’s not a simple case of throwing away a competition will help you play better in the one you have left. Our league form last year nosedived after Atletico as well.

croadyman

They went on a 3 game winless streak in the league after getting dumped out of the FAC.

A defeat is always bad, they’ve responded to that bad run very well with 4 wins on the trot, but it’s not a simple case of throwing away a competition will help you play better in the one you have left. Our league form last year nosedived after Atletico as well.
Yeah two of those wins gifted by a combination of Martinez's head and cowardly referee

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I don't want them being knocked out though because allows them to play once a week
Who cares? Best for United >>>>>
We were never winning the league. Our crazy schedule has put paid to that. We are on a nice trajectory, at least none of us wanted the manager sacked during the process, so far anyway :)

croadyman

Who cares? Best for United >>>>>
We were never winning the league. Our crazy schedule has put paid to that. We are on a nice trajectory, at least none of us wanted the manager sacked during the process, so far anyway :)
People keep saying that but just wouldn't be the case IF we had dealt with Palace & Arsenal better which really wrangles with me

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
City are clearly enemy number one due to their dodgy finances and because they're too good. Boring having them winning again.

City don't seem fully at it. If they play to their potential should still overtake Arsenal. Big if though...

RopersReturn

It’s a two horse race now, City and Arsenal have been playing the most consistent football and dominated games all season.

Actually it’s more interesting what might happen at the foot of the table. I still think the current three at the bottom will go down but anyone from Forest could potentially be relegated if they don’t pick up wins at home from now on.

croadyman

City are clearly enemy number one due to their dodgy finances and because they're too good. Boring having them winning again.

City don't seem fully at it. If they play to their potential should still overtake Arsenal. Big if though...
Hope City win every league game seeing as they don't play us again this season

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
People keep saying that but just wouldn't be the case IF we had dealt with Palace & Arsenal better which really wrangles with me
Fine margins. Don’t forget where we were this time last season. I’d have said you were crazy if you told me we would be where we are now. I’d love us to end up with 3 trophies this season, would be incredible. The league can wait for another year.