Title race/top 4 race

minoo-utd

Very much to play for. If we manage to get 5 wins in a row the table will look definitely better. IMO our next few games are all winnable just let’s hope that Ralf as a manager can get quickly familiar with the league and get results.

copen1945

We have allowed 24 goals, so far. Obviously, this will not do. Rangnick must balance the heavy metal football with sound defensive principles.

wolvored

I dont think RR will perform miracles from the off, so these 'easy' 8 games we have next wont start off as easy wins. I do believe once he has implemented his thinking and training methods into the players though we will win most games and expect top 4 at the end of the season, hopefully FA cup as well would be nice and last 4/8 of Ch Lge, but thats wishful thinking.

wise_old_man

Liverpool have mastered the "Fergie time" art even more than us.
No matter what, I see the "Champion vibe" from them. Late goals, crucial wins are the hallmark of a champion. It always is.
Guess we will have to say good bye to our "20 times, Man United" chant soon, sadly... :(

Guy Incognito

No matter what, I see the "Champion vibe" from them. Late goals, crucial wins are the hallmark of a champion. It always is.
Guess we will have to say good bye to our "20 times, Man United" chant soon, sadly... :(
Still a long way to go, it was only last season that Liverpool were so many points clear and they collapsed.

In reality City should be walking this because of their squad depth.

El Zoido

Our time will come back around.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
why must people say things like this?

MrBest

I dont see why we cannot win the next 10. Obviously it is unlikely but that is the mentality we need to go in with, we have a decent spread of games. I am hopeful that by the end of December, we will be back in 4th, maybe close to 4th and in 5th. The title is gone, it was gone the day we lost to Liverpool, there was never any going back from that. This squad should be getting 4th though and with Ralph, i feel confident of achieving it. Yes he will need time to settle, the players time to understand, but Ralph will not go from zero to hundred in terms of style change. I loved his press conference, he spoke about quick wins on the pitch, what and how we need to do better. Thay was music to my ears, i fully have faith in him to get 4th.

Shiva87

It's a bad time for us to look at the table, but we have to make the most of the next 6 games. If we get to the end of that PL run with 6 wins, things will look much better.

I still think the title will be won by 85-88 points, and we need to have a near perfect season from here on to catch the 3 on top. Very unlikely I must say.

What I want now is that we bag some wins and create some daylight between us and the rest of the league for the 4th spot. Once we are there, it will be time to see the gap to the top.

The next 6 are must wins IMO. Good time for Ralf to take over, even if it means that we don't have as much training time as he would like.

wise_old_man

Still a long way to go, it was only last season that Liverpool were so many points clear and they collapsed.

Only a freaky series of injuries did it to them. When they cleared it that the end of the season, they returned to Title-winning form.
why must people say things like this?
We have been on the receiving ends of "Fergie time" defeat many times compared to the amount of our "Fergie time" wins, sadly.

Remember how Liverpool got into top 4, against all odds, with a goal from Alisson in the last minute of extra time? Today Origi of all people did it in the same manner. Those were proper "Fergie time" moments.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
December - February:
Palace (H)
Norwich (A)
Brentford (A)
Brighton (H)
Newcastle (A)
Burnley (H)
Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
West Ham (H)
Burnley (A)
Southampton (H)
Leeds (A)
Watford (H)

13 very winnable games. Hopefully a new manager bounce to get us through the first 3-4. Then a week and a half between games before Christmas to properly drill the system.

Get a winning run going and anything is possible.

VivaRonaldo85

Liverpool have got that thing again like their title winning season. I think it will be another duel between them and City. That winner today was us under Fergie in the glory years. The impact of losing salah and mane for the African tournament could be the difference.

GlasgowCeltic

Not saying they'll win it but they won't collapse with VVD fit

marktan

It'll be closer this season but Liverpool's lack of signings and lack of squad depth will do them in. City are the bookmakers favourite by some margin, and rightly so, you look at their bench today and they could genuinely field a second XI that would be of almost no difference in quality to the first.

AndySmith1990

Title race is between Liverpool and City, Chelsea will comfortably finish 3rd.

4th is difficult to predict. If we get our act together it should be us, but if not there's a handful of teams that have a chance. West Ham look really good at the moment.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Title race is between Liverpool and City, Chelsea will comfortably finish 3rd.

4th is difficult to predict. If we get our act together it should be us, but if not there's a handful of teams that have a chance. West Ham look really good at the moment.
This is basically the most likely scenario.

Zapata

It all starts to tomorrow to get on the right foot and start a win streak going under rangnick

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Top Four will look:

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Us if we massively improve, or Spurs or West Ham.

We will have to get our shit together under Rangnick but if we do, I do think 4th is ours. Conte is very good, but we simply have a better squad, where he has a bunch of saboteurs.

There is a slim chance Chelsea may fold and we finish 3rd, but I think it is highly unlikely, even if possible.

Lee565

I expect west ham to fade away soon, they are probably this season's Leicester who do well for a large part of the season and then bottle it.

I see it purely down to us and spurs for 4th

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Comfortable ?
We've at worst the joint second best squad in the league. West Ham with one or two injuries are going to drop down. Arsenals first 11 are shit, Spurs like to implode. Leicester, don't think they'll be near and no-one else will be pushing us for that spot.

We have the players to if not challenge, at least be up there. Ole was never going to take us to the title. Now we have someone in that knows how to get the best out of the players I feel once it gels that 4th spot will be comfortably ours. Unless some the players are adverse to the hard work needed which is a distinct possibility.

Dominos

Spurs are the biggest worry I think given Conte has got off to a good start with 3 wins 1 draw. However he has been gifted a very kind fixture list to start.

We've got a very nice run of fixtures ourselves for the next 7 games or so, we really need to take full advantage.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This will be difficult but with our squad and a midfielder in January, I’m sure we can challenge.

feck me, the strength of the league, though?:houllier::nervous:

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs are the biggest worry I think given Conte has got off to a good start with 3 wins 1 draw. However he has been gifted a very kind fixture list to start.

We've got a very nice run of fixtures ourselves for the next 7 games or so, we really need to take full advantage.
Conte have an easier run in now , because earlier in season , Spurs had tough run-ins. Kane has not even hit the ground running yet. Moment he starts scoring, Spurs Conte team will be all the more difficult to beat. Like United, Spurs have lot of room to improve - same cannot be said for Arsenal or WestHam.

4th will be a straight shoot out between Spurs & United.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
No further injuries, McKenna stepping up to Rangnick's way of thinking, players improving from recent obscurity and maybe top 4 is achievable.

March will be key with another wave of difficult games. Just not sure United have time to build something substantially better to that time...

UTD_Since_1978

December - February:
Palace (H)
Norwich (A)
Brentford (A)
Brighton (H)
Newcastle (A)
Burnley (H)
Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
West Ham (H)
Burnley (A)
Southampton (H)
Leeds (A)
Watford (H)

13 very winnable games. Hopefully a new manager bounce to get us through the first 3-4. Then a week and a half between games before Christmas to properly drill the system.

Get a winning run going and anything is possible.
I have also been looking at our upcoming fixtures & like you, I also think that we should be winning all those games.

Irwin99

Agree with those who say we should be winning the majority of our upcoming games in the next three months. We can get hysterical and gloomy when the March and April fixtures come along but for now i'm optimistic :wenger:

Sadly think Liverpool or City will win the league, and Chelsea will slip further down in the race. 4th will be between us and Spurs.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
City should win it. Liverpool are the second best first X1. Maybe Chelsea with their squad can keep pace with the top two but I don't see them ultimately getting close.

4th is between Spurs and us. We should get it if we don't cock up the Christmas run. I expect West Ham and Arsenal to hang around the race but drop off in the spring.

The_Midfielder

Only a freaky series of injuries did it to them. When they cleared it that the end of the season, they returned to Title-winning form.

We have been on the receiving ends of "Fergie time" defeat many times compared to the amount of our "Fergie time" wins, sadly.

Remember how Liverpool got into top 4, against all odds, with a goal from Alisson in the last minute of extra time? Today Origi of all people did it in the same manner. Those were proper "Fergie time" moments.
We have done multiple of Fergie times this season
Villareal, Atalanta, and even West Ham ..

InfiniteBoredom

I have also been looking at our upcoming fixtures & like you, I also think that we should be winning all those games.
We should, but we won’t, it’s just the nature of fixtures congestion around this time of the year.

To put it into perspective, if we manage to win all those 13 games, we are back in the title race, let alone top 4, and that’s how it’s kinda far-fetched.

copen1945

We will be back in the title race after Christmas. I can feel it. Loving what the Professor has brought.

Paul_Scholes18

City will win it. They have the best manager for league wins. Liverpool got the strongest 11, but poor depth so will suffer without Salah and Mane.

Chelsea got best depth and are hard to score against, but unless they get Lukaku going there is not enough goals from them.