Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
There are enough people in here pointing out the negatives mate. I'm a fan of the club he plays for, so forgive me for just focusing on the positives, but can't even do that now without someone 'well actually'-ing my positivity :lol:
Imagine Werner failed to score against those teams. Ronaldo record holder for international goals scored more than 75% against those kind of teams. :lol: .

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
There are enough people in here pointing out the negatives mate. I'm a fan of the club he plays for, so forgive me for just focusing on the positives, but can't even do that now without someone 'well actually'-ing my positivity :lol:
You're reading too much into it, maybe other posts have led you to assume.

I'm not pointing out anything negative.. or positive. I'm just posting some facts (for context), like you did when you said he'd scored 3 in 3... a fact.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
3 goals in 3 games is nice, but he has to be careful. If he is benched at Chelsea he could quickly lose his spot in the national team to Adeyemi, who is a similar player and also scored on his debut ( as a sub) against Armenia.

He needs to step up this season or he is at risk to become just a squad player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You're reading too much into it, maybe other posts have led you to assume.

I'm not pointing out anything negative.. or positive. I'm just posting some facts (for context), like you did when you said he'd scored 3 in 3... a fact.
I said you were 'well actually"-ing my attempt to focus on the positives. Not that you were being negative. In any case, I wasn't being serious to begin with.

flappyjay

Chelsea aren’t winning the league with Werner out wide unless you’re expecting Lukaku to score 50 league goals.
He hasn't been starting. I think their goals are well distributed across the team, they finished fourth and their top goal scorer in the league had 7 goals.

cyberman

He hasn't been starting. I think their goals are well distributed across the team, they finished fourth and their top goal scorer in the league had 7 goals.
But they were a Leicester City choke job away from 5th. It’s a massive leap from that to going for the title

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Inappropriate Content
He's like a retarded deranged version of the great late muller with similar short stocky physique (taller obviously)

Always in the right place to score (which is great attribute to have to be honest and comes very hard ) but instead of burying he finds more deranged and elaborate ways to hoof it up peculiar really to be honest

As if mad scientist wanted to create muller mark 2 but somehow forgot to add any finishing circuit to the mix

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Christian Falk is a terrible source and his latest report is in direct contrast with what he reported after the transfer occurred. This is far more reliable:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/chelsea-fc/payroll/

€16.5m or so per year.
Looking at that, I can see why Rudiger is trying to leverage his superb form into a massive increase. There are 12 players who earn more than him, some of them significantly more.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Looking at that, I can see why Rudiger is trying to leverage his superb form into a massive increase. There are 12 players who earn more than him, some of them significantly more.
Yep. Suspect Chelsea are willing to offer him something like £200k per week but he'd prefer something in the £250k+ range like PSG could afford - plus he'd then get a signing bonus.

I can understand our reluctance given his age - for all the kerfuffle about whether Kounde would disrupt Chalobah's development I suspect he might actually be the Rudiger replacement long term.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Yep. Suspect Chelsea are willing to offer him something like £200k per week but he'd prefer something in the £250k+ range like PSG could afford - plus he'd then get a signing bonus.

I can understand our reluctance given his age - for all the kerfuffle about whether Kounde would disrupt Chalobah's development I suspect he might actually be the Rudiger replacement long term.
Doesn't Rudiger play LCB? I'd imagine Chelsea would either want a left footed CB or someone with experience in that position. Kounde is very much a RCB.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't Rudiger play LCB? I'd imagine Chelsea would either want a left footed CB or someone with experience in that position. Kounde is very much a RCB.
Yes sorry if this was unclear - I think Trevoh might be the one to move to LCB as he's played there before during his loan spells and he's more two-footed than Kounde. That said, it's worth remembering that Rudiger is right-footed as well (although he's very comfortable with either foot) - I think a lot of the current dogma re: passing angles from CBs is focused on back 4 set-ups like those of Man City and I'm not convinced you necessarily need a left footed CB at LCB in a 3, if that makes sense.

criticalanalysis

This patch has to end at some point, it is crazy. He might never be Kane or Ronaldo or Lewa but this is insane.
I'd usually think that too but then I look at Morata, who is maybe quite similar in many aspects (over his career in general). Some games where he can show it all and look like a complete number 9, then many games where he seems just very average/out of sorts. A bit like our Martial. The talent is there, it's just putting it together for long enough periods.

Werner has a great coach to support him though so he's got an edge above the two mentioned already. However, as others have said, it can turn very quickly.

He may become a Poldoski, a hard working wide player in the team for other things than goal scoring and not the mercurial talent we'd have expected.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'd usually think that too but then I look at Morata, who is maybe quite similar in many aspects (over his career in general). Some games where he can show it all and look like a complete number 9, then many games where he seems just very average/out of sorts. A bit like our Martial. The talent is there, it's just putting it together for long enough periods.

Werner has a great coach to support him though so he's got an edge above the two mentioned already. However, as others have said, it can turn very quickly.

He may become a Poldoski, a hard working wide player in the team for other things than goal scoring and not the mercurial talent we'd have expected.
Different times. Podolski played on the left because there were no real wingers available. Now there are, so either Werner improves his finishing or he will be benched at some point.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

I don’t think anybody was expecting a „mercurial talent“. Werner simply isn’t _that_ good. Morata has a far better all around game btw.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don’t think anybody was expecting a „mercurial talent“. Werner simply isn’t _that_ good. Morata has a far better all around game btw.
You really don't like Werner, what do you think of the rumours Nageslmann might want him at Bayern?

The Bayern board already managed to overrule one manager when it came to wanting to sign him, can they do it to another? :D

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You really don't like Werner, what do you think of the rumours Nageslmann might want him at Bayern?

The Bayern board already managed to overrule one manager when it came to wanting to sign him, can they do it to another? :D
I was never a fan of him, that is true. And what he needs to flourish is not there at Bayern: space.

I just don’t see him going there but if Nagelsmann gets him then it is at least a coach he had before and that knows his strengths. But no, i wouldn’t be a fan of that move.

criticalanalysis

I will take your point as I don't follow the Bundesliga but I guess I was going on the hype of his RB Leipzig days as a young and high volume goal scorer.

'Mercurial' might have been generous :smirk:

Moby

Dick
His two goals from yesterday night deserve some attention, very nice strikes both. :)

https://streamwo.com/JIoCcHt

Also, special attention to that backflip thing Müller did for the first one ^^

https://streamwo.com/703OOzm
Feels like he's one of those forward who would smash in a difficult volley when he's not got much time to think, but when he's through on goal and 1v1 at the keeper with more time to decide his nerves get the better of him. Similar to how Welbeck was with us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
His two goals from yesterday night deserve some attention, very nice strikes both. :)

https://streamwo.com/JIoCcHt

Also, special attention to that backflip thing Müller did for the first one ^^

https://streamwo.com/703OOzm
Cracking couple of goals.

7 goals in his last 10 games for club and country. The man is unstoppable. Just need him to start banging them in in the league. He came back from the last international break full of confidence and he translated that into goals.. More of the same please.

Moby

Dick
Cracking couple of goals.

7 goals in his last 10 games for club and country. The man is unstoppable. Just need him to start banging them in in the league. He came back from the last international break full of confidence and he translated that into goals.. More of the same please.
Is he certain to start in the coming league games or would it be Lukaku? Who is more likely to be rested for CL?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Lots would have folded mentally after his ridiculous VAR disallowed goal v Southampton. 16th disallowed goal for us :houllier:, totally crazy, no other player has such a record.

Huge credit to him for scoring later in that game and then going on to score some goals for Germany too.

Certainly feels at times like their is a campaign against him when playing for Chelsea, every time he scores you expect it to be disallowed somehow. It's ridiculous!

No one scores the amount of goals he did for Leipzig and be shit. I think he’ll come good. He’s obviously quality and took him a while to settle down in a new environment.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is he certain to start in the coming league games or would it be Lukaku? Who is more likely to be rested for CL?
He started the last 2 league games alongside Lukaku, but I think the decision has been made easier for Tuchel because Mount seems like he's struggling with fatigue and loss of form, and none of Ziyech, Havertz and Pulisic have started the season well enough to be undroppable or been available to play.

It seems like it isn't a question of Werner or Lukaku, but rather Werner or Mount/Havertz because Lukaku will play every important game regardless, so Tuchel will need to sacrifice an attacking midfielder or leave Werner on the bench.

Moby

Dick
He started the last 2 league games alongside Lukaku, but I think the decision has been made easier for Tuchel because Mount seems like he's struggling with fatigue and loss of form, and none of Ziyech, Havertz and Pulisic have started the season well enough to be undroppable or been available to play.

It seems like it isn't a question of Werner or Lukaku, but rather Werner or Mount/Havertz because Lukaku will play every important game regardless, so Tuchel will need to sacrifice an attacking midfielder or leave Werner on the bench.
Alright, thanks.

IrishRedDevil

Lots would have folded mentally after his ridiculous VAR disallowed goal v Southampton. 16th disallowed goal for us :houllier:, totally crazy, no other player has such a record.

Huge credit to him for scoring later in that game and then going on to score some goals for Germany too.

Certainly feels at times like their is a campaign against him when playing for Chelsea, every time he scores you expect it to be disallowed somehow. It's ridiculous!
No point saying 16 disallowed goals, without backing it up and stating which were incorrect calls? Was he offside or not?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
No point saying 16 disallowed goals, without backing it up and stating which were incorrect calls? Was he offside or not?
He was offside for quite a few of them, so he isn't blameless. He had two disallowed vs Leicester for example, one was an obvious offside and the other was handball. It still feels like he's unluckier than most. He scored a decent goal against Southampton but it was disallowed because Azpi committed a soft foul about half an hour earlier.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Yeah who knew Offside goals wouldn't count :lol:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's a campaign by the part of his brain that tells him where to stand against the part of his brain where his ambitions form.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

That was my big worry about signing Lukaku, record signing or not he shouldn't be immune to rotation if a match situation suits other players better.