Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

RoyKeaneSaipan

Supports
Liverpool
Hi guys, pool fan here.

Werner came off in interviews as a really genuine likeable person, didn't like all the trolling he got on socials. sad it didn't work out for him in the PL.

Wish him all the best!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The fans won’t like to hear it, but they have a history of derailing attacking players. They always seem to have too many options there in recent seasons and never seem to give anyone a fair shake and a proper/consistent run in the team.

This is another one that could have possibly worked out with patience and consistency, but he has been in and out and in and out, just like Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz etc…

No one is given time to settle into a system and feel confident in their role.
See also De Bruyne and Salah.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I actually quite liked him. As awful as his toaster toes were in front of goal, you could clearly see what his strengths were, unlike someone like Havertz who I am yet to understand exactly what he’s good at.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The fans won’t like to hear it, but they have a history of derailing attacking players. They always seem to have too many options there in recent seasons and never seem to give anyone a fair shake and a proper/consistent run in the team.

This is another one that could have possibly worked out with patience and consistency, but he has been in and out and in and out, just like Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Ziyech, Havertz etc…

No one is given time to settle into a system and feel confident in their role.
Don’t disagree with the overall point but no one can argue Werner wasn’t given extended chances. He was basically a guaranteed starter in the first season and was more of a rotational option last season but still racked up nearly 40 games - 89 games across 2 seasons is not failing to give someone a chance.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Why are you making stuff up?

From Chelsea’s own website.
Yeah he had maybe 2-3 good matches, with one of them being in a 6-0 thrashing against Southampton where everyone on the pitch was excellent, or more likely the opposition was just hopelessly bad and gave up 15 minutes into the game. The performance against Real Madrid was really great though.

Like I said in the next paragraph, I thought he was overall much better than that for most of his first season so that's why I found it weird that to you he looked like he was 'finally settling in' based on those few games. I wasn't trying to make anything up. :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Hi guys, pool fan here.

Werner came off in interviews as a really genuine likeable person, didn't like all the trolling he got on socials. sad it didn't work out for him in the PL.

Wish him all the best!
I can't remember him ever getting stick from Chelsea fans (other than the odd groan of course). Werner himself even made a point in this "goodbye" message of thanking the fans for sticking with him.

Twitter users are a different thing altogether, they don't count as they're barely human.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I can't remember him ever getting stick from Chelsea fans (other than the odd groan of course). Werner himself even made a point in this "goodbye" message of thanking the fans for sticking with him.

Twitter users are a different thing altogether, they don't count as they're barely human.
:lol:

In the end he scored 23 goals and 21 assissts in 89 games for Chelsea. Sure that could have been better, but it isn't really bad, so there has never been much reason to be too critical. A lot of his misses however really were hilarious.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

In the end he scored 23 goals and 21 assissts in 89 games for Chelsea. Sure that could have been better, but it isn't really bad, so there has never been much reason to be too critical. A lot of his misses however really were hilarious.
Top hilarious moment

RoyKeaneSaipan

Supports
Liverpool

Alot of his offsides were by a genuine hair too, extremely unlucky. Ah well

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
A quote from the series Chernobyl to summarize Werner at Chelsea:

'3.6 roentgen, not great not terrible'

I like him, great character who never gives up but ultimately I don't think he had the mentality to play for a top side. He's shown his mental fragility playing for Germany in the past as well where he was missing good chances in the 2018 World Cup. Similar case for Chelsea, the chances he was getting were those he was putting away regularly at Leipzig, but couldn't at Chelsea.

I hope he turns into a Ciro Immobile type and goes back to playing his best when returning to his home country. Also hope that he also recovers his confidence and turns out for Germany at the World Cup.

Surprised at his record of 23 goals and 21 assists in 89 games, on a minutes per g+a it's a very respectable 137min. But that's not enough for a 50mil Euro attacker though.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I called this one. Not a fan of players who'se only quality is running in a straight line

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
A (incredibly) rare miss for me. I thought after his first season he was going to find his rhythm and step up. Shame it never happened he's a likeable guy.

Conor

Bit of a strange one getting rid of him for Sterling. That's a lot of money to bring in another player with basically the exact same strengths and weaknesses and probably only a marginal upgrade in quality.

Can see him knocking in goals for fun again against suicidal Bundesliga defences anyway.
Sterling is better than Werner. Not really that strange.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
See also De Bruyne and Salah.
Much different case with these two. The likes of Torres, Werner, Morata etc we’re given chance after chance and we were extremely patient with all of them.

Salah and KdB were never even given a proper shot. And while it obviously looks horrible in hindsight, at the time we were a title winning side so it was understandable.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leipzig will be good for him in the sense that he's a bottler and it's a familiar low pressure environment, but to me it looks like this was an opportunistic transfer for them, rather than a strategic one. I don't see how he's the player type they need. What made him strong the first time around was that they had a selfless no 9 in Poulsen (and to a lesser degree Schick), who would sacrifice their game to open up spaces for him, so he could score for two. I think in that tandem Silva would rather fit into the Werner role himself. Nkunku - these days - is someone, who plays the second striker / free role that used to be Werner's, too.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I tried to play his greatest moments video on the Chelsea app but got this message:

Quite apt.

Skills

Snitch
I actually think he's really good. His finishing was terrible for Chelsea, but it could've been a confidence. But he does a lot of good things.

cyberman

So who are Chelsea striking options? Is it literally just Havertz who doesn’t score? Am I forgetting someone?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Ah. Yes. Good point. But surely Lukaku’s departure means more minutes for Timo?
Yeah you would think so, but then Tuchel doesn't want to play him in a CF position, unless it's against City where he looks to counter. I think Sterling's arrival means massive competition in the exact position Tuchel sees Werner in.
Not sure though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah you would think so, but then Tuchel doesn't want to play him in a CF position, unless it's against City where he looks to counter. I think Sterling's arrival means massive competition in the exact position Tuchel sees Werner in.
Not sure though.
I guess so. Although right now it looks like he’s got more competition for the CF position at Leipzig than he would have if he stayed at Chelsea.

cyberman

Broja, Sterling and Aubamayang.
If you have to play Sterling as a striker then you’ve failed in this transfer window. Even Aubamayang is a huge risk since he seemed to give up against the pace of English football. You may as well sign Ronaldo for all the pressing and hold up play he’d provide

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Why the feck are Leipzig even playing their first XI against... "FC Teutonia Altona-Ottensen"? :lol: