Tod Cantwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

Ornstein saying he's available on the cheap this month so pretty much 100% reliable, what do we think, is this a bargain for someone? Would you take him as a first team/squad player? I can't say I know enough about him to really say so myself but only heard that he's a "good young player"

Swedish_Plumber

He was decent for them the last time they were in the PL. Scored a good goal against us in the cup too IIRC?

Has he been injured a lot since then? Hasn’t really progressed how I thought he might!

saivet

He's not top 6 standard in my opinion but could be a decent option for a number of PL teams. The two teams that spring to mind you be Palace (if they can't get Gallagher) or Brighton.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Last time they were in the PL he looked like a talented young player that would probably develop into an upper-mid PL level. The kind that, if things went well, might even reach CL level. I was quite surprised that he ended up staying at Norwich when they got relegated.

Not sure what's gone on this season as he's barely played. Doesn't seem to be injury-related and there do seem to be rumours of an attitude problem.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Tod................................................................d

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not saying he will be good as him -

But the player he reminds me most of is Jack grealish both in terms of playing style and the way his career might be like.

Like Jack Grealish maybe he won't be good enough to clubs when he is looked at when young but maybe starts turning heads when he becomes older at his club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's not top 6 standard in my opinion but could be a decent option for a number of PL teams. The two teams that spring to mind you be Palace (if they can't get Gallagher) or Brighton.
Got to make use of the truck load of head and shoulders they have in storage.

He definitely thinks he's a bit big time. Not convinced he's as good as he thinks he is.

tomaldinho1

Nowhere near good enough and that's saying something with the issues we have in the squad!

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
I'm not saying he will be good as him -

But the player he reminds me most of is Jack grealish both in terms of playing style and the way his career might be like.

Like Jack Grealish maybe he won't be good enough to clubs when he is looked at when young but maybe starts turning heads when he becomes older at his club.
They do both wear a headband thing

Gandalf

Had a decent season last year in the Championship but was not exactly setting the world on fire and before Farke left this season he could barely get a look in. Initially I figured injury problems but there were quite a few hints that it was related to performance and attitude. On talent he would be a good punt for the likes of Southampton but nowhere near the level we should be looking for.

CallyRed

How are you fixed for Tea, Todd?
Or would you prefer a hot Toddie, Todd?

CraftySoAndSo

Not good enough and from what i've seen from Norwich fans has an absolutely awful attitude we already have enough of those thank you.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Socially he seems a bit Lingard-y which would rile up people here rotten.

Gazautd18

Give him a 6 year contract. He's nearly as good as JLingz.
Will fit in well with this squad.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Give him a 6 year contract. He's nearly as good as JLingz.
Will fit in well with this squad.
He's one of Norwich's worst midfielders. I'm not a big Lingard fan but this comment is just disrespectful.

RooneyLegend

Certified baller, would have him here in a heartbeat. We need a Pogba replacement after all. The English Socrates.

No Love

Tod, which is short for Todorov. Cantwell was obviously named after Svetoslav Todorov.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Certified baller, would have him here in a heartbeat. We need a Pogba replacement after all. The English Socrates.
If Todd Cantwell is a Paul Pogba replacement I might just pack the game in tonight

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
100% not United class.
But a decent deal for a yoyo style team for sure.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
he genuinely looks technically solid whenever I’ve seen him. I’m sure he's a total natural with a ball but that’s not enough to play in attack for a big club, looks a pretty average athlete. The thing is he’s also supposed to be really immature. Once he matures he could be a valuable signing for the likes of Newcastle or he could easily disappear into their squad if he doesn’t. I think most likely he’ll keep popping up at clubs near the bottom of the PL/top of championship until he disappears. Probably won’t make it at Newcastle, if they stay up with their resources they’ll be looking for a safer bet next season. Could be a big part of their escape this season though and then who knows!

Last edited:

Ogaranya

Are we not yet tired of these average central midfielders?

Sorry, we are not interested, we already have Fred and Mctominay to offload.

lex talionis

Cantwell is vastly superior on the ball to Fred or McTominay. There was a time, a long time without question, when a player like Cantwell would be properly deemed not MUQ. But we've come to the point where we need to think about players like Cantwell now to shore up a woeful squad.

Don't get me wrong. We have magnificent names that grace the squad, but they rarely show up to the pitch and put in a proper shift. We need players who at the very least work hard and have some ability. Fred and McTominay work hard, but their ability is woeful. Pogba has magnificent ability, but it can't be said of him that he's a hard worker on the pitch -- or at least that he only works hard when he's up for it, which unfortunately is not often.

Bojan Djordjic

Definitely not suitable for the pivot and we have an abundance of middlin' attacking players. If we want a future star for attacking midfield, it's Szoboszlai, Wirtz or Nkunku for me. We desperately need to avoid watering down the squad with lads that will likely never be good enough to challenge the first teamers.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Cantwell is vastly superior on the ball to Fred or McTominay. There was a time, a long time without question, when a player like Cantwell would be properly deemed not MUQ. But we've come to the point where we need to think about players like Cantwell now to shore up a woeful squad.

Don't get me wrong. We have magnificent names that grace the squad, but they rarely show up to the pitch and put in a proper shift. We need players who at the very least work hard and have some ability. Fred and McTominay work hard, but their ability is woeful. Pogba has magnificent ability, but it can't be said of him that he's a hard worker on the pitch -- or at least that he only works hard when he's up for it, which unfortunately is not often.
I enjoyed this post. You think our players don't work hard enough so you want Cantwell. :lol:
And you think Cantwell is better than Fred and McTominay but somehow can't get in Norwich's team. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.