Today head to head : Adrien Rabiot vs Kenneth Taylor = 2 left foot cm players. Is Kenneth Taylor good enough for Manchester United?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Hm. Very close call. Have to think about it.

I'm still trying to make a call on the Rashford versus Pelé thing, though, so I have to get that done before I can devote myself to this conundrum.
:lol::lol: Bravo! More of this please.

KeanoMagicHat

I think we need chatgpt’s opinion on this one, then we can compare output with Lucky Scout. Could be revealing!
ChatGPT says:

Lothar Matthaus and Frenkie De Jong are both highly accomplished footballers in their own right, but it is difficult to compare them directly as they played in different eras and have different playing styles.

Lothar Matthaus was one of the greatest midfielders of all time, having won numerous domestic and international titles with Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, and the German national team. He was known for his incredible stamina, tactical intelligence, passing ability, and goal-scoring prowess. Matthaus won the Ballon d'Or in 1990 and was a key player in Germany's World Cup-winning squad in 1990.

Frenkie De Jong, on the other hand, is a young and talented midfielder who currently plays for Barcelona and the Dutch national team. He is known for his exceptional ball control, vision, and passing ability, as well as his defensive work rate. De Jong has already won several titles with Ajax and Barcelona, and he was a key player in the Netherlands' run to the UEFA Nations League final in 2019.

In terms of overall achievement and impact on the game, Matthaus is widely regarded as the better player. However, De Jong is still young and has the potential to become one of the greats of the modern game.

ChatGPT's advice for tomorrow's head to head:

Sure, how about a comparison between Mohamed Salah, a current player, and Hristo Stoichkov, a legend of the game?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Who the hell is Lothar Mathäus?
He's one of the four footballers who witnessed and/or accounted for the life of the Messiah (a largely fictional character, some say he's Dutch and that he has absolutely no hair on his head).

The other three are Luke Shaw, Mark Hughes and John O'Shea.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
ChatGPT says:

Lothar Matthaus and Frenkie De Jong are both highly accomplished footballers in their own right, but it is difficult to compare them directly as they played in different eras and have different playing styles.

Lothar Matthaus was one of the greatest midfielders of all time, having won numerous domestic and international titles with Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, and the German national team. He was known for his incredible stamina, tactical intelligence, passing ability, and goal-scoring prowess. Matthaus won the Ballon d'Or in 1990 and was a key player in Germany's World Cup-winning squad in 1990.

Frenkie De Jong, on the other hand, is a young and talented midfielder who currently plays for Barcelona and the Dutch national team. He is known for his exceptional ball control, vision, and passing ability, as well as his defensive work rate. De Jong has already won several titles with Ajax and Barcelona, and he was a key player in the Netherlands' run to the UEFA Nations League final in 2019.

In terms of overall achievement and impact on the game, Matthaus is widely regarded as the better player. However, De Jong is still young and has the potential to become one of the greats of the modern game.

ChatGPT's advice for tomorrow's head to head:

Sure, how about a comparison between Mohamed Salah, a current player, and Hristo Stoichkov, a legend of the game?
Not enough full stops.

padr81

Supports
Man City
One of the best midfielders or all time or a rotation option at a poor version of Barca, tough call really.

Siorac

One of the best midfielders or all time or a rotation option at a poor version of Barca, tough call really.
Only two Barcelona outfield players played more minutes in La Liga this season. He isn't a rotation option.

The Manchester City equivalent - outfield player with the third most minutes played in the league - is Kevin de Bruyne.

Oranges038

He's one of the four footballers who witnessed and/or accounted for the life of the Messiah (a largely fictional character, some say he's Dutch and that he has absolutely no hair on his head).

The other three are Luke Shaw, Mark Hughes and John O'Shea.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think we need chatgpt’s opinion on this one
Regular fence-sitting fodder.

I'd argue Lucky Scout is ChatGPT 5.0: at least you get links to Youtube clips.

Matthäus vs de Jong
Who was the better player, Lothar Matthäus or Frenkie de Jong?

Lothar Matthäus and Frenkie de Jong are both exceptional football players, but they played in different eras and positions, so it's difficult to compare them directly.

Lothar Matthäus was a midfielder who played for several top clubs including Bayern Munich and Inter Milan, as well as the German national team. He is widely regarded as one of the best midfielders of all time, known for his excellent passing, tackling, and leadership skills. He won numerous trophies during his career, including seven Bundesliga titles and the 1990 World Cup with Germany.

Frenkie de Jong, on the other hand, is a young midfielder who currently plays for Barcelona and the Dutch national team. He is known for his exceptional technical skills, including his dribbling and passing abilities. He has already won several titles in his short career, including the Eredivisie title with Ajax and the Copa del Rey with Barcelona.

In terms of their individual skills and achievements, it's difficult to say who was the better player as they played in different eras and faced different challenges. However, both Matthäus and de Jong are highly regarded in the football world for their talents and contributions to the sport.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I tried to level up the scales asking ChatGPT which of them to go for if I had €10 million available to sign a football player.

Undetected budget deficiencies aside, it still sits on the fence even after noting Matthäus has been retired for two decades. That's more like it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol: Here goes my cover. First I was accused of being Madwinger by @horsechoker and today I’m Bafetimbi Gomis.

Why always me? Which means I’m Balotelli now.
Gomis is a step up on Madwinger so you're working your way up.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
We would have had a more interesting discussion debating the correct pronunciation of Matthaus.

I was always a Mat - ay - us rather than a Mat - house :lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
If you think Frenkie De Jong is a complete central midfield and football player. Then it’s until you discover Lothar Matthaus. One of the central midfield GOAT in football history. For me Lothar Matthäus was a complete football player as you can get. We will come back to his football ability later.

First I will do a short presentation of this German and football legend.

Matthaus was born in Erlangen, in that time was calling West Germany. In 1961. Like Frenkie De Jong he is a central midfield playmaker and like De Jong has been play as sweeper, a position in the back line. He was a box to box cm player.

His biggest trophy and silverware were. 1 time European champion for West Germany in 1980, as 19 of age. 1 time world champion for West Germany in 1990 and 1 time Ballon D’or winner in 1990.

Matthaus was Diego Maradona biggest rival. They met each other in the world cup final in 1990. Were West Germany beat Argentina 1-0. So if it wasn’t for Matthaus. Maradona would had another world cup trophy on his track record.

So today Frenkie De Jong is up against 1 time world champion, 1 time Ballon D’or winner and A cm GOAT in football history. De Jong is up against the best of the best of a complete cm and football player. How good is really Frenkie De Jong?

First we take a close look of Lothar Matthaus.

His football abilities in visual description :

A short paragraph of his abilities from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lothar_Matthäus

A versatile and complete player, Matthäus is regarded as one of the greatest midfielders of all time, and was renowned for his perceptive passing, positional sense, well-timed tackling, as well as powerful shooting. During his career, he usually played as a box to box midfielder, although late in his career he played as a sweeper.

Yes, we can say Matthaus was good in everything. Reason why is a complete cm and football player.

Now. The comparison he is up against. Many will consider Frenkie De Jong as one of the best creative cm player, at this moment.

Frenkie De Jong’s visual description:

A videoclip more of his finish skill:

+ Head to head comparison :

Dribbling ability : Matthaus < Frenkie De Jong

I think De Jong is slightly better than Matthaus. In that way I mean it is more difficult to take the ball from De Jong than Matthaus.

Passing and combination skills : Matthaus = De Jong

There are not so big difference. So I rate them equal good

Shooting and finish skill : Matthaus > De Jong

Here Matthaus was clearly better than De Jong. Special Matthaus long power shoot.

So sum up and conclusion is. I think and found Frenkie De Jong was more dribbler and passing focus. Compare to Matthaus who was scoring and finish focus. Matthaus was more thinking scoring, scoring and scoring.

With this focusing minded. It lead to and the stats is showing that Matthaus has more goals in his game than De Jong.

Matthaus goals stats:

Bayern Munich : 113 matches and 57 goals

Inter Milan : 115 matches and 40 goals

West Germany/Germany: 150 matches and 23 goals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lothar_Matthäus

De Jong goals stats :

Ajax : 57 matches and 4 goals

Barcelona : 122 matches and 10 goals

Netherlands : 50 goals and 2 goals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenkie_de_Jong

To become complete and to demand a lot from a creative central midfield player. That he shall has goals in his game and score more often. Then I will rate Matthaus is more complete cm and football player than De Jong.

But we shall take in counting that defend and opponent is more open than compare to today defending. Today defending is more well organize, more compact and park the bus more. In others words. The today is more tight.

Still. We can’t take away Matthaus long power shoot ability. I think Matthaus is of not the best, one of the best long shoot ever in football history.

With a higher potential goalscorer ability. Even De Jong is slightly a better dribbler. But as a football player. The end product ability is most important . Helping you team to score enough goals to win the match. Matthaus has higher match winning and end product ability than De Jong.

With those finish and end product ability I will rate Matthaus over De Jong. De Jong is not as Matthaus football level.

And beside football ability. Matthaus is a natural born and true leader on the pitch. The one who lift the rest of his team. So clearly. As a full packet football player. At both peak and over a long period. Matthaus is clearly above Frenkie De Jong.

If the point scala is from 1-5. 5 = the top and highest level and rating.

Matthaus will get the top rating 5.

Frenkie De Jong I will give 4.5. 4 point is very good. De Jong is the level between very good and the best level. If De Jong add more goals to his game. Scoring goals more often. Then I will give him the reste 0.5 point.

Clearly Matthaus had a higher and a more complete level than De Jong. Both as CB/Sweeper. Start from the deep, then run from box to box. The difference I see like I mention above is. The defend is more open before than now. But again. De Jong is not know for long power shoot.

But in the end. De Jong is up against a CM GOAT. One time Ballon D’Or winner and one time world champion as captain. It get to be a gap and difference between those 2 really good cm and football players.

And to find out how high level Frenkie De Jong and today’s football player are at. I will always try to compare them against the best comparison in theirs positions. And I don’t think I would find a better and more complete central midfield player than Lotthar Matthaus. Complete as you can get. A GOAT and football legend.
Someone give this poster a like.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Is this a joke?

Edit: Ah nvm. Lucky scout thread so it's genius.

Marauder1

Supports
Ex Liverpool.Football Agnostic
You all are being to nice to GPT, use your human fist to demand answers and it will deliver:

Yo, it's time to settle the score,
Between Matthäus and De Jong, we'll explore.
Two midfielders, different times, different flair,
Now I'll make a choice, so y'all better prepare.

Matthäus or De Jong, who's on top?
We're here to decide, we won't ever stop.
Comparin' the greats, it's always a battle,
But I'll make my call, no more time to straddle.

Lothar Matthäus, a force to reckon,
His trophies and titles, you just can't question.
A World Cup winner, and Ballon d'Or holder,
In the midfield, there was no one bolder.

Frenkie de Jong, the Dutch prodigy,
With his dribbles and passes, he moves so free.
A future legend, with potential to spare,
But will he surpass Matthäus? That's quite rare.

Matthäus or De Jong, who's on top?
We're here to decide, we won't ever stop.
Comparin' the greats, it's always a battle,
But I'll make my call, no more time to straddle.

I've weighed the factors, and considered their game,
But only one can have the ultimate claim.
Who's the better player? I'll tell you now,
Get ready for the answer, and take a bow.

Lothar Matthäus, I crown you the king,
Your legendary status, it has a sweet ring.
De Jong's got talent, but Matthäus shines,
With his experience, his legacy defines.

So here it is, the final call,
Matthäus on top, he stands so tall.
De Jong's got skills, but he's still on the rise,
But Matthäus' greatness, it's no surprise.

That's the end of my rap, the winner's been crowned,
Lothar Matthäus' legend, forever renowned.
De Jong's got potential, but he's got work to do,
To reach the heights of Matthäus, it's all up to you.