Todd Cantwell

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
His price will go up now that United are linked with him. The same happened with Max Aarons.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Who tells someone that they are not worthy of the "No. 14" shirt?

Either way, he's been a very annoying player for me in FPL. All his 6 goals have come from my bench. Fecker!
I'm sure we'd all love to tell the current occupant of our number 14 shirt that he's not worthy of it.

F-A-C-T-S

I'm a huge fan of this player. I've watched Norwich 5/6 times this season and this guy has the tools to be an important player in an aggressive attacking system.

He's not exceptionally quick, but he's quick enough. Extremely hard working, he is not afraid of the dirty work and is happy enough putting in tough challenges. I don't think he's quick enough to be out wide, think he's best centrally picking up the ball deep, running with it. He's clever enough to link up with players around the edge of the box making cute incisive passes or good inside runs.
His finishing is pretty good too, can be a 10 goals a season midfield player.

Unglamorous Players from small sides were a backbone of title winning sides under SAF. And in my opinion as long as the price is fair we should always go for it.

He's the type of player who Liverpool picks up for peanuts after Norwich get relegated and then we spend hours wandering why he is the best player in a midfield dominating Barcelona. And now of course you can't get him anymore. Because we are in a unique position where we are not the most attractive option for players we should move fast and offer Norwich a fair price and loaning to them till end of season.

He is better than all our midfielder opitions except Pogba, and would make a good starting point as we aim to rebuild the team.

Joseunited

How many more British 20/21 year olds are the press going to link us with this month?:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I do like Cantwell, but think he might be a little fair weather.

I'm all about the Buendia Bus too.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Hopefully there's more to our MO than British players. Don't want to miss out on the best talent from abroad becuase of some fixation for English players.
We do, we have the biggest scouting team in the world, I believe, with all the region's covered. It's probably just top priority to make sure we secure the best British talent.

Lentwood

I've seen Cantwell play a handful of times, most recently the games against United, Spurs and Arsenal

I actually thought he caught the eye and looked like a technically gifted player. My concern is that he is nearly 22 and not a guaranteed starter for Norwich!

Ekeke

Decent player, not consistent enough for one of the bigger teams. Still young might get there in 2-3 years but far too early now

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He plays across the midfielder. Good attacking not the best at tracking back.
He is very young and quite raw. Maddison was the same at that stage. It’ll take time to develop.

He’s another that’s very loyal to his home club. Can’t see him leaving before the seasons end

manuchamp88

How many more British 20/21 year olds are the press going to link us with this month?:lol:
Presumably as many as Ole has briefed them with whilst he randomly interspersed the phonecall with shouts of "United DNA"..."British"..."young".

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I've seen Cantwell play a handful of times, most recently the games against United, Spurs and Arsenal

I actually thought he caught the eye and looked like a technically gifted player. My concern is that he is nearly 22 and not a guaranteed starter for Norwich!
Pretty sure he’s a regular for Norwich .

youngrell

I've quite liked him the few times I've watched Norwich. Seems to time runs into the box extremely well and is always there or thereabouts when Norwich are scoring/creating.

Looks quite tenacious despite his physical appearance, too.

drdoityourself

Has one or two moments in games. Doesn't influence them enough for me to be considered a target for the big clubs. A tidy player with an eye for good runs and quick passing.

He has however made giant strides in his game since last season. I remember when Buendia was banned for 3 games, Cantwell replaced him and and did his name justice, and he didn't seem very popular with the Norwich fans.

The season before that he played in the Dutch second division.

A player who has so few top class performances should prove himself a little bit more before us spending a bucketload on him.
Jack Grealish is however a focal point for every good thing Aston Villa does, has been for a few seasons now. We should be all over him.

Suvvernmanc

I was thinking about players from the relegation battling teams yesterday that would almost certainly leave if their teams went down and Cantwell was the first that came to mind. Hes a very good player. Played through the ranks at england youth level and is just the type of player we could do with. Hes a quick l, direct player that likes to run at players with tight control of the ball and can score goals. He seems to pick the ball up deep in midfield and starts attacks. His passing is very good too.

Not sure what his best position is (right or left) but seems to drift to the wings from midfield.

One thing we lack is a Mason Mount or Pulisic type player that can dribble. Cantwell might not be at our level yet but absolutely fits the profile of player that I want to see at UTD and I personally think he could make the step up. I'm also not surprised that many clubs could be keeping an eye on him as he has been playing at a high level with England so he would have been tracked through his career thus far

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I was thinking about players from the relegation battling teams yesterday that would almost certainly leave if their teams went down and Cantwell was the first that came to mind. Hes a very good player. Played through the ranks at england youth level and is just the type of player we could do with. Hes a quick l, direct player that likes to run at players with tight control of the ball and can score goals. He seems to pick the ball up deep in midfield and starts attacks. His passing is very good too.

Not sure what his best position is (right or left) but seems to drift to the wings from midfield.

One thing we lack is a Mason Mount or Pulisic type player that can dribble. Cantwell might not be at our level yet but absolutely fits the profile of player that I want to see at UTD and I personally think he could make the step up. I'm also not surprised that many clubs could be keeping an eye on him as he has been playing at a high level with England so he would have been tracked through his career thus far
He’s got one cap at U21 level. It’s hardly a high level.

Having said that, he has promise but a move to Utd at this stage is loaded with pressure

Suvvernmanc

He’s got one cap at U21 level. It’s hardly a high level.

Having said that, he has promise but a move to Utd at this stage is loaded with pressure
And another 4 caps at u17. Playing for england at any age is going to get you noticed by scouts. High level in general? No. But it's a high level in international football. England u21 is full of top players . Demari Grey, Tom Davies, mason Greenwood, Eddie Nketia, Phil Foden, Dominic Calvet-Lewin, and Ryan Sessegnon. For Todd Cantwell to be included in that squad shows what he is about!

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He seemed like he was playing left-wing when we destroyed them in October. Got completely outplayed by McT when McT took the ball away from him and scored his goal. Otherwise seemed full of energy, trying to make something. A bit cocky.

Either way, why would we buy a left AM, when what we need is a #10 and a DMF? Wouldn't mind it, but seems like he would in no way address our immediate problems.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He seemed like he was playing left-wing when we destroyed them in October. Got completely outplayed by McT when McT took the ball away from him and scored his goal. Otherwise seemed full of energy, trying to make something. A bit cocky.

Either way, why would we buy a left AM, when what we need is a #10 and a DMF? Wouldn't mind it, but seems like he would in no way address our immediate problems.
He's not really a left winger, similar to Grealish or Maddison he start wide but drifts into central positions. He's athletic enough though and defensively works hard so it works out ok.

I assume we'd play him as a 10 if we really did want him.

Red_toad

His price will go up now that United are linked with him. The same happened with Max Aarons.
how did Max Aaron’s price go up? They didn’t sell him so his value is still to be determined by whoever wants to buy him.

poleglass red

Played every league game this season for them

Walters_19_MuFc

I like him. Cultured player. In a few seasons, I reckon he'll be at the level of Maddison/Grealish and we'll be asking why we didn't go in for him.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He's not really a left winger, similar to Grealish or Maddison he start wide but drifts into central positions. He's athletic enough though and defensively works hard so it works out ok.

I assume we'd play him as a 10 if we really did want him.
Yeah, he played wide trying to drift into central attacking positions, when he played against us. That is not a #10, though. Why do we think he can be a playmaker? Judging by how he got easily dispossessed by McT, I am assuming he's not a great defensive MF.

Lentwood

Played every league game this season for them
Less worried then!

This is the challenge we are facing now in modern football. In 1999 we never had to think about signing a player like Cantwell. Let the likes of Newcastle and Tottenham take the risks and then we cherry pick the best of them!

Cant do that now. If they have any sort of success at a mid table club they become a £80m player.

Sort of signing we might have to think about more and more, people need to get off their high-horses and appreciate this

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont think United will put their hands in their pockets this January and bring in a player permanently.

As Ole implied,the best we have to hope for would likely be loan options.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I like him. Cultured player. In a few seasons, I reckon he'll be at the level of Maddison/Grealish and we'll be asking why we didn't go in for him.
I agree. He's a good player. Played much better at the start of the season when Norwich were doing a bit more in terms of points but he looked like he could make the step up to a better side that likes to play. Would do well in a side like Leicester.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would be really underwhelming.

This brexit transfer policy is baffling.
Bringing in individuals who are accustomed to the League and country makes sense from Uniteds perspective and more importantly Ole and the coaching staff.
Less work.