Todd Cantwell

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Less worried then!

This is the challenge we are facing now in modern football. In 1999 we never had to think about signing a player like Cantwell. Let the likes of Newcastle and Tottenham take the risks and then we cherry pick the best of them!

Cant do that now. If they have any sort of success at a mid table club they become a £80m player.

Sort of signing we might have to think about more and more, people need to get off their high-horses and appreciate this
Yes and it is a very significant part of Pool's recent success. Their new management group, Fenway Group, implemented a data science model they had developed in the Major League which allows them to scientifically determine the risks and rewards of going for such unproven talents, thus significantly reducing the ratio of flops. The result is quite obvious - they have built an immensely strong team without outspending other teams.

All we have is Woodward, a trashy scouting department and angry fans :)

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Yes and it is a very significant part of Pool's recent success. Their new management group, Fenway Group, implemented a data science model they had developed in the Major League which allows them to scientifically determine the risks and rewards of going for such unproven talents, thus significantly reducing the ratio of flops. The result is quite obvious - they have built an immensely strong team without outspending other teams.

All we have is Woodward, a trashy scouting department and angry fans :)
For the record, every football team in the Premier League is working with data science/machine learning models, and they have been for approx the last decade. Liverpool are not any further on in this than any other team. I have worked in this field for the past decade or so.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
For the record, every football team in the Premier League is working with data science/machine learning models, and they have been for approx the last decade. Liverpool are not any further on in this than any other team. I have worked in this field for the past decade or so.
Well then you should know that "machine learning" is not just some magic you sprinkle on top of a team. What are they using it for? Liverpool has well documented history of using it for scouting. Tell me a single signing that United has made based on any data model? Not to mention that all data models are not equally effective

Rake

He must be good because he has one of the most underwhelming youtube highlight reels I`ve ever seen.

Lentwood

Im sure they are but if you work “in Data” you’ll also be acutely aware that you can have all the Data in the world at your fingertips but it’s how it’s interpreted and applied that is the key

As an aside, most of United’s signings in the last 6/7yrs don’t seem very Data-driven to me. Most had either been previously coached by our manager at the time or were already established International footballers

Trex

Cantwell is good but he is more of a prospect while with maddison or grealish you are sure of what you are getting

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd rather sign canwell than cantwell personally

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Watch some of his footage.. have to say, what's the problem with his goal celebration? Looks really punchable.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm all for signing for someone like Cantwell - but not giving chances to players like Gomes & Levitt seems off - these players seems like the types we might be buying from other clubs if they were performing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
how did Max Aaron’s price go up? They didn’t sell him so his value is still to be determined by whoever wants to buy him.
He was taunted as a cheap alternative for AWB only for Norwich to then slap a 40m price tag to him

Acole9

Outstanding
The Dereham Deco, looks a decent player. Comes across as a bit of a numpty though, those goal celebrations are tragic.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Thought he played well against us.

Very tenacious and quick thinking player.
Got a good save out of DDG and had a couple of more efforts at goal ,so he's not lacking confidence there.

Can see him playing for Leicester this time next year,possibly as a Maddison replacement if we continue our interest.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
he was the only Norwich player to stand out at OT on Saturday. head never dropped and kept going all the time. need to see more of him to know whether I'd want him at United but he looks way better bet than defender Max Aarons who all the fuss was about at start of season

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
he was the only Norwich player to stand out at OT on Saturday. head never dropped and kept going all the time. need to see more of him to know whether I'd want him at United but he looks way better bet than defender Max Aarons who all the fuss was about at start of season
I don't get the Max Aaron's hype either, Jamal Lewis looks much better over on the other side

pascell

Personally thought Buendia was the more likely threat, quick feet and his agility was a positive for Norwich throughout.