Todd Cantwell

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He would be a useful addition to the squad

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think he's a very talented player, think Watford would be a good next move. Far too good for championship.

Pav1878

Jeez. Overrated. Norwich is his level. Can we stop over hyping these young British players ? He's not gonna improve us

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He’s alright. Would be an upgrade in the squad over Lingard, Pereira and probably even Mata. But that’s not saying much tbh. Don’t think he’s united quality - well, where we’d aim to be anyway. Should get a prem move and prove himself at a mid level club.

SAFMUTD

He's nowhere near the quality we should be after, not even for a squad player.

Utdstar01

Pretty sure he's a United fan. Cantwell and Jamal Lewis did an interview with United stand while in Lockdown and they both came across as really nice lads.

RooneyLegend

He's quality, sign him up. Just needs to develop a bit physically. Would be a great deputy to Fernandes. His awareness is great and his one touch play is flawless.

beingshe7don

What does the caf think about David Brooks vs. Todd Cantwell?

Norwich as we all are aware will be relegated. Bournemouth could also get relegated... With that being said, what do people think about David Brooks? He's a left footed RW who could be used as a rotation player assuming we sign Sancho as first choice.

Craig Ward

Jeez. Overrated. Norwich is his level. Can we stop over hyping these young British players ? He's not gonna improve us
While i agree with this overall, and i dont want us to go after him at all i need to say - He's better than 3 of our current "attacking" midfielders in Lingard/Periera/Mata.

I hate the hype young english players get - see Declan rice for one but there is a case for him.

I dont think he's perfect, but he seems to have a good footballing brain and is a flair player. Playing with better players would probably elevate his game.

He's better than Norwich, he'd be good enough to play premier league football next year.

El-Manos

He’s grand, not a special player. If we get him on a steal as a squad player I won’t complain though.

Champagne Football

He'd be an upgrade on Lingard and Mata for sure. I think Cantwell will end up at an Everton or a Spurs. Arsenal may be interested.

He's got good pace and power. Is a smart player, has an eye for a pass, can go past people despite being limited in his ability. Would maybe remind me of Welbeck.

wythyred

He'd be an upgrade on Lingard and Mata for sure. I think Cantwell will end up at an Everton or a Spurs. Arsenal may be interested.

He's got good pace and power. Is a smart player, has an eye for a pass, can go past people despite being limited in his ability. Would maybe remind me of Welbeck.
really? I’m not saying your wrong but when I watch him I see the opposite.

I think he’s a really silky player similar to Ozil with the same lack of aggression and physicality.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He's a good player but if that's where we are aiming, we will end up fifth or sixth again. Need world-class talent (and they don't all have to be young and english...)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Henderson, Milner are part of this liverpool team. We turned our noses up to Vardy, Mane etc. He did well against us but who knows. Some people are complete snobs. It may be we're not even interested. So nothing really to say. Even if we did buy him, a number would have already made their mind up about him. You never really know...until they play for your club. Many would push de gea out for Henderson.....forgetting United is a different animal and actually the demands could improve a player dramatically or crush them. All just speculation though

Champagne Football

really? I’m not saying your wrong but when I watch him I see the opposite.

I think he’s a really silky player similar to Ozil with the same lack of aggression and physicality.
He's just gone 22. Last year many were ridiculing Jack Grealish on here as an overhyped Championship player, and he's 2 and a half years older and has had an outstanding debut season in the PL.
Cantwell for me has shown enough fight and talent to suggest a year or two from now he'll have kicked on to a higher level than he's at now.

reoffender

Completely wrong weight class.

In this level, every team has at least one player who is very talented and would be able to play for bigger club.

Cantwell is not better than Perreira. Premier league level, but not top club level.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The most Spursy player I've ever seen.

While he's got plenty of technique and seems fairly athletic i'm just not sure he has enough about him.

I'd take him as a squad player but he won't be a first teamer.

Jibbs

I think he's better than both Grealish and Maddison at this age and I think he's more intelligent as footballer than both of them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think he's better than both Grealish and Maddison at this age and I think he's more intelligent as footballer than both of them.
You think that he is better than Maddison was last season?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's just neat and tidy and can score a goal. Not ready for one of the big clubs
Has decent vision too. I think top 10 team should go for him next season and see how he does.