Tomáš Souček - West Ham Player

Manoucha09

Fellaini looked a competent box to box midfielder at Everton too, you know.
Exactly. Moyes has a knack for finding these sort of players, physical lads who'll do the job in a team which relies heavily on crossing and long balls into the box.

Not United quality imo. A good player for a midtable team is probably his ceiling. Mourinho would love him at Spurs.

Acole9

Outstanding
Looks a real gem. You've got to hand it to the West Ham scouting department. Coufal on the other hand just looks your average run of the mill right back.

Lee565

Fellaini looked a competent box to box midfielder at Everton too, you know.
Did he because all I remember was him playing behind the striker as second striker/number 10 much like Cahill also did for everton.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
You definitely can compare them they’re both midfielders only Soucek gets about a lot more and into the box to score goals.
Like comparing Makelele and Scholes, two different roles

We don't need Soucek

Trequarista10

Aside from his goals he looks like a decent, run of the mill Premier League level midfielder. That's not a criticism either. Adding goals from midfield is a priceless asset - and something that's becoming increasingly uncommon these days as midfielders tend to have a more disciplined role focused on shape, defence and possession.

Deery

Dreary
Like comparing Makelele and Scholes, two different roles

We don't need Soucek
Didn’t say we did need him, but they are both young midfielders that play the number 8 role a lot so you can compare.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Didn’t say we did need him, but they are both young midfielders that play the number 8 role a lot so you can compare.
If you're comparing numbers then yes they are both number 8s, that's as far as it goes

dinostar77

Lets see how he does next season to see if hes the real deal or a one season wonder i.e. his goal scoring.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lets see how he does next season to see if hes the real deal or a one season wonder i.e. his goal scoring.
He scored 3 goals in 12 games last season too and he signed for them in Jan.

dablem_10

Looks a real gem. You've got to hand it to the West Ham scouting department. Coufal on the other hand just looks your average run of the mill right back.
coufal for that price is also bargain. Energetic wing back with international and champions league experience for 5 million directly to the starting eleven? He is not top class fullback, but easily better then some in the league for much higher transfer fees

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Soucek is a great signing for West Ham. Coufal is Czech Bardsley.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People tend to go overboard. Doesn't look like a player we need at all..

Don't really know how to rate him yet, but I have to say I love the guy's innocence when he scores goals. Looks so excited and flaps his arms around.

Cman

Been in my fantasy squad for a while now and has proven a good addition. I often have him on the bench though and might be the same if he moves to a bigger club.

redMundo

Can’t believe no one has made the seemingly obvious Mctominay comparison yet.
Very similar in style and stature, powerful runner with bags of energy and determination without being a great tackler. Even the passing range is comparable...mostly neat and tidy yet unadventurous. People have mentioned earlier in the thread about not knowing whether he’s a DM or box to box as when he gets forward he times his runs well and can finish/strike the ball just as Mctominay has shown.
Maybe he’s the blueprint for Mctominay? One thing Souchek has over him is the aerial threat though which is strange considering Scott is 6’4, strong, aggressive and a composed finisher (when the rare opportunity arises). Definitely a part of his game he should and could improve massively.

RooneyLegend

Why would we even talk about this guy? He obviously doesnt have elite ability.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Why would we even talk about this guy? He obviously doesnt have elite ability.
I don't know, there's a thread on here about non-league football, if we're only restricting ourselves to elite talent then things become less interesting.

The guy will likely hit double figures in his first season in the most famous league in the world. He's not top class but that's notable when it comes down to it. I mean feck, this forum has threads on players who have achieved much less.

Oranges038

I googled it to find a video and all I get is this guy, what the f@(k is this?

Surely the fact he nearly punched himself in the head, shows that he didn’t mean to contact the other player.

can’t see that as violent conduct in any way.

city-puma

Surely the fact he nearly punched himself in the head, shows that he didn’t mean to contact the other player.

can’t see that as violent conduct in any way.
Mitrovic obviously is a drama queen to take it as an advantage. Same as Lamila. They need to play as a man.

Josep Dowling

Mitrovic obviously is a drama queen to take it as an advantage. Same as Lamila. They need to play as a man.
This is what annoys me. The red card will get rescinded but surely Mitrovic should get a 3 match ban for a clear dive? No punishment will cause players to continue diving.

city-puma

This is what annoys me. The red card will get rescinded but surely Mitrovic should get a 3 match ban for a clear dive? No punishment will cause players to continue diving.
That’s exactly what I feel the football governing authorities fails miserably. The football is watched by so many people, a lot of them are kids. Without sanctioning any penalty to those acts, it is an equivalent advocation of those behaviors. Does any responsible parent want to teach the child to be dishonest? Fair play is the integral part of any sports. People should always single out the player doing it and highlight him and his cheating act.