Television Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
theres a chase scene and wendell pierce lets the bad guy get away and collapses against a wall. then john krasinski shows up and starts checking him, saying "where are you hit, are you okay?".

come on man, hes not hit. hes just a fat guy who is out of breath after running a half mile

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
America = good, everyone else = bad is all I remember from season 1.

Eboue

America = good, everyone else = bad is all I remember from season 1.
the propaganda is even more overt in this season and even if you ignore that, the show itself is worse. a random analyst for the state department / cia meets with the president of venezuela multiple times in the first 3 episodes. im convinced there are only like 4 people who work for the venezuelan government.

Eriku

theres a chase scene and wendell pierce lets the bad guy get away and collapses against a wall. then john krasinski shows up and starts checking him, saying "where are you hit, are you okay?".

come on man, hes not hit. hes just a fat guy who is out of breath after running a half mile
Fat guy with a heart condition, more like.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
there was no way bunk was gonna catch that guy. even 20 years younger he had no chance.
Why are you trying to apply so much logic to this show? Jack Ryan is best friends with a senator and can rock up to the president of a country when he wants and have sex with a spy for some agency and survive a plastic bag on his head for over a minute and etc etc. and you're trying to tell me Bunk can't catch some younger guy? Please.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's fecking garbage. That scene where Jack Ryan straight up said to Venezuela's president that he killed his senate friend was hilarious.

Sylar

Really enjoyed this season just cos its a bit OTT and fun action. Not the most complex plot, but still fun to view.

Eboue

It's just astoundingly bad in every way. In the last episode an american military helicopter just flies directly up to the presidential palace. Its insane. Not even gonna go into detail on the other stuff but I laughed out loud at the last scene of episode 7.

Green_Red

4 episodes into the first season. Is quite good. A bit like Homeland.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's just astoundingly bad in every way. In the last episode an american military helicopter just flies directly up to the presidential palace. Its insane. Not even gonna go into detail on the other stuff but I laughed out loud at the last scene of episode 7.
You know, you would think you go through the door. If you're a normal person, you say, 'Knock, knock. May I come in?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The protagonists have killed literally a hundred or more Venezuelans on Venezuelan soil in an undeclared war with no authorization from Congress or anything.
They died like dogs. Beautiful, talented dogs.

Suedesi

This is so goddamn awful. The plot, the dialogue, the music, the characters, John Krasinski’s fecking face...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I loved it. It's an action series and does a good job.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's obviously ridiculous, but part of me saluted its commitment to nameless south American army deaths - pure 80s right there.

For me summed up in a scene where Jack and Mike are running and their car breaks down. Jack gets out to fix it, but before he can touch it, they're absolutely riddled with bullets from a high calibre mounted weapon. Which Mike blows up. Then Jack hops in and all those bullets must have done some good, cause the car starts up like a dream. Never addressed.

Oldyella

there was no way bunk was gonna catch that guy. even 20 years younger he had no chance.
He had been stabbed in the leg 3 or 4 times as well as his eye! I would wonder why any of my fat mates hadn't caught a guy in that condition, let alone a CIA operative (even a fat one).

It was enjoyable nonsense, just like the movies tbh which were just as daft. The action was pure 80's though, bad guys getting picked off at will why the american heroes can seemingly dodge bullets aside from when the plot calls for an impactful death.

hobbers

For me summed up in a scene where Jack and Mike are running and their car breaks down. Jack gets out to fix it, but before he can touch it, they're absolutely riddled with bullets from a high calibre mounted weapon. Which Mike blows up. Then Jack hops in and all those bullets must have done some good, cause the car starts up like a dream. Never addressed.

:lol: I just about flipped my shit when they started driving off in that scene.

That and the presidential palace where the army's elite decide that the best way to deal with intruders, rather than shoot at them, is to run at them one or two at a time.

RedDevilQuebecois

Season 3 is about to come in time for Christmas. Looks like Jack is on his own against the CIA and that unknown faction now.