Tom Cleverley | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not even on the bench.

When it's come down to it at the business end of the season, Fergie doesn't seem to trust him.

Hopefully he'll get more chances next season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Anderson, Fletcher, now Cleverley... His major fitness problems hurts the most, because his ambitions were so high, this season.

I hope, he'll have a great pre-season games and after that, a truly stable, regular season without this effin' bullshit that haunts him, all the time.

Get well & be strong.

Donut

If there won't be any big injuries I can still see him becoming a very important player for us, he was playing some neat stuff at the end of the season.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'll be interested to see how he does next season and if he gets much of a look-in. He showed us a lot at the start of the season, but it's hard to know if he's the real deal, or an on form player in an in form team.

I was surprised at how little a look in he seemed to be getting towards the end of the season when he returned though. Some games where you thought he would've at least been on the bench, he was completely excluded.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I expect him to be become a good squad player not the Messiah that people hyped him to be based on a handful of good games

tintedsepia

If he gets up to full fitness he'll be HUGE for us. Hope we get kagawa, hazard. Pls hope Anderson gets back to full fitness. Scholes here still with Carrick. Our central midfield could be massive for us next season. Still could do with a closing down/driving forward kind of midfield player though as I'm not sure I see Fletcher coming back next season.

vanthaman

Winner
Apparently he is dating some bint from Towie, surely he could do better than that, I'm disappointed in the lad

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Apparently he is dating some bint from Towie, surely he could do better than that, I'm disappointed in the lad

So long as he can play like that I'm not bothered by who he dates.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I think the lad is fantastic and want to see him give us more of the same.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I expect him to be become a good squad player not the Messiah that people hyped him to be based on a handful of good games
I think he's good enough for the first team but he needs to stop getting injured else he could become a squad player and then his 'star' might diminish. I think his style of player is what we need though and I hope he don't become a pleb lol - but people today. You never know.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think he's good enough for the first team but he needs to stop getting injured else he could become a squad player and then his 'star' might diminish. I think his style of player is what we need though and I hope he don't become a pleb lol - but people today. You never know.
I don't think Cleverley can be blamed for getting tackled from behind by Kevin Davies and then suffering a recurrence of the injury having been rushed back too soon to the first XI after we suffered a 1-6 defeat cos we were desperate.

Tom looked good against QPR, West Brom and Swansea when he came on as a substitute late on during the run in and hopefully with a proper rest this summer and some time to get fully fit he can hit the ground running in 2012/13.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't think Cleverley can be blamed for getting tackled from behind by Kevin Davies and then suffering a recurrence of the injury having been rushed back too soon to the first XI after we suffered a 1-6 defeat cos we were desperate.

Tom looked good against QPR, West Brom and Swansea when he came on as a substitute late on during the run in and hopefully with a proper rest this summer and some time to get fully fit he can hit the ground running in 2012/13.
I know he can't be helped but I really hope he's a lucky player rather then an unlucky one. He could do with getting 30+ games this season. I'm a 'fan' of his, his style of play is great to watch :)

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
not much talk of him going to represent GB at the olympics. is he part of the 35 man list?
Yeh. He's done a load of the promo stuff too (kits etc) so I'd say it's pretty much a guarantee he'll be there. Hopefully Pearce won't play him out of position this time though.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Pyscho will have Mancienne in the middle and as captain. Cleverley will play RB.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: I was joking because Pearce picked Mancienne over Cleverley in the middle every game last summer. It wouldn't surprise me. Probably as punishment for daring to pass the ball on the ground.

Gazza

Midfield next season will be Carrick + Cleverley, with Scholes and Anderson rotating. I think.

Cleverley will flourish with Carrick next to him and linking up with Nani, Welbeck, and Kagawa. One-touch moves ahoy.

Comsmit

Midfield next season will be Carrick + Cleverley, with Scholes and Anderson rotating. I think.

Cleverley will flourish with Carrick next to him and linking up with Nani, Welbeck, and Kagawa. One-touch moves ahoy.
I really hope not. We need more than that I can assure you.

I'm also not sure Cleverley is positionally disciplined enough for a midfield two. It will put a lot of pressure on Carrick, which is not good enough. If we must continue to play two in the middle they both need to be exceptionally talented and doggedly disciplined. Cleverley is neither.

Widnes

Don't think anyone can be blamed for getting injured but there is no doubt for him to reach is potential at Man United he is going to have to improve his injury record it wasn't just last season he must have had 3 or 4 spells out during his loan move to Wigan and i'm sure he picked up a bad injury during his time at Watford.

No doubt about it he is a great talent but if he doesn't have a injury free season soon he is in danger of going down the same route as Anderson and never really improving on his potential.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Ha!!!!

He is both, have you watched him play?

I'm also not sure Cleverley is positionally disciplined enough for a midfield two. It will put a lot of pressure on Carrick, which is not good enough. If we must continue to play two in the middle they both need to be exceptionally talented and doggedly disciplined. Cleverley is neither.

Ash_G

Nah clev has plenty to learn about playing in a two. He works hard but like ando was and still is he's often drawn to the ball too much and will leave space to exploit. Still the more he plays the more he'll learn, shouldn't be an issue except for the tougher games/European games. We do need another defensively good player though to come in for tougher games where we need to be solid ad well as providing an alternative for carrick who can't always play.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
:lol: I was joking because Pearce picked Mancienne over Cleverley in the middle every game last summer. It wouldn't surprise me. Probably as punishment for daring to pass the ball on the ground.
Mancienne, Muamba and Henderson in the middle pretty much every game I seem to remember, was a painful watch. Hoofing to Welbeck for ninety minutes.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I kinda wish he doesn't play in the Olympics. I don't want him injured again before the start of the season. If he gets the next month and a half rest, it will really benefit him and help him make a full recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.