Tom Cleverley | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Exactly. It's all ifs and buts at the moment but the minute a girl like that is involved with one of our players it concerns me. Granted none of us know her but she courts reality TV and has already been with a handful of footballers. It's not difficult to make an assumption on the sort of person she is and her intentions.
His previous girlfriend was a glamour model and that had a much smaller impact on his football than Kevin Davies' boot.

I think we all have to accept that the way football is today reality "stars", glamour models and pop idols are the women that they're most likely to date.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thats the key, but the moment it starts to effect his on field performances, or his relationship with the gaffer then it becomes our business, and with a certain type of woman you can just see that coming a mile away. Can you seriously see her staying at home being the good little wifey that SAF loves so much, or is she more likely to be out at parties, wanting Tom to go with her and winding SAF up?
Don't all girls in their early twenties want to be out at parties?

IMO the only difference with "celebrity" girls is that they go to really shit parties, full of people who pretend to be - but aren't really - their friends.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Exactly. It's all ifs and buts at the moment but the minute a girl like that is involved with one of our players it concerns me. Granted none of us know her but she courts reality TV and has already been with a handful of footballers. It's not difficult to make an assumption on the sort of person she is and her intentions.
Exactly.

For all we know she could be a great philanthropist and lover of classical literature who loves nothing better than a quiet night in front of the fire discussing deep Philosophical theories, but if thats the case she has created a very different public image for herself and THAT is all we have to go on.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Don't all girls in their early twenties want to be out at parties?

IMO the only difference with "celebrity" girls is that they go to really shit parties, full of people who pretend to be - but aren't really - their friends.
But surely you would agree that as a professional athlete sacrifices need to be made, and if a woman truely cares for the lad rather than seeing him as a status symbol and meal ticket then she should be prepared to forget all the celeb bullshit for the sake of his career?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Thats the key, but the moment it starts to effect his on field performances, or his relationship with the gaffer then it becomes our business, and with a certain type of woman you can just see that coming a mile away. Can you seriously see her staying at home being the good little wifey that SAF loves so much, or is she more likely to be out at parties, wanting Tom to go with her and winding SAF up?
Let's act like drama queens once it really affects his performance - so far, all is good. I dont get this weird personal interest in players life's, trying to tell them whats right or wrong.

I'm always right

Are you really all giving Tom Cleverley shit for shagging a really fit girl?

You're all fecking mad, and you'd hate me if I was playing for United :p

NM

Are you really all giving Tom Cleverley shit for shagging a really fit girl?

You're all fecking mad, and you'd hate me if I was playing for United :p
It's the summer and they have nothing better to do than vent. That's all it is (I hope).

Go to the muppet threads FFS.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
But surely you would agree that as a professional athlete sacrifices need to be made, and if a woman truely cares for the lad rather than seeing him as a status symbol and meal ticket then she should be prepared to forget all the celeb bullshit for the sake of his career?
I don't see the "celeb bullshit" as any different to any other young girl who might be fond of going out partying. If anything, girls like her will tend to get less wasted in case they get papped looking all bleary-eyed and messy.

Any professional athlete will have to be disciplined about his social life. My point is that the strains this might put on a relationship will be the same no matter how the girl earns a living. I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find any footballer's girlfriend who isn't fond of a night out, no matter what they do.

The White Pele

When United sign young player they should also choose who they're supposed to date too..
Weird turn this thread has taken
This. We should have a WAG transfer forum where we can speculate about which girls our boys should date next season. :drool:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's amazing how Cleverley, while not playing any football at all, has first become our saviour and the reason why our midfield doesn't need reinforcement and then turned into a vile not caring footballer who dates sluts and lets himself get into bad shape.

DFreshKing

Are we really getting "that kind of woman posts".

You should be ashamed to stereotype anyone it is bordering on bigotry and in this case sexism.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Has he? She's already dated a handful of Premier League footballers. She's clearly a money grabbing, attention seeking, desperate to be a famous WAG slag.

My only worry about Cleverley is he seems far too pre-occupied with his "image". Make it on the pitch and the rest will follow.
That's crossed my mind before.

His advisors seem to be trying to market him as if he's the new David Beckham. His official website does him no favours.. "TC23 Collection" :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I love these videos. Here are his first few games for us this past season. I can't find the one against Arsenal.

Man United vs Barcelona:

Man United vs Man City - Community Shield:

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen

His advisors seem to be trying to market him as if he's the new David Beckham. His official website does him no favours.. "TC23 Collection" :lol:
:lol: feck me that site is cringe. The TC23 collection official photo makes him look like he's got the shits.

His taste in music is beyond horrific.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's amazing how Cleverley, while not playing any football at all, has first become our saviour and the reason why our midfield doesn't need reinforcement and then turned into a vile not caring footballer who dates sluts and lets himself get into bad shape.
:lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Aye. It's just a niggle of mine at the minute to be honest but he really seemed to buy into a lot of the hype himself at the start of last season when he was playing so well.

I suppose we've been spoilt with the likes of Scholes in the past but Fergie has never hid his feelings on that side of footballer's lives.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I was always against hyping kids especially those who have yet to show the stuff on the pitch at a regular basis. Such strategy will only give kids the false impression that they had already made it + it invites a backlash from fans if the kid isnt able to deliver at their high standards. Players are ambitious creatures. They need to feel challenged. Thats another reason why im a firm believer in us buying 1-2 cm. i mean take fletch for example. At one point he was considered 5th choice behind scholes and new boys hargo, ando and carrick and yet he took the challenge and ended first teamer. Even scholes was thrown the gauntlet when we sign jsv. It didnt turn bad to him either. If the players are good enough and has the right attitude then they will rise to the challenge and win their place. If not then they are not united material in the first place

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Fletch has always been about industry though. That's why I thoroughly believe we should be taking some of the pressure off of Carrick with a more defensive addition. (Unless Jones can stop rampaging forward this season from MF).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Fletch has always been about industry though. That's why I thoroughly believe we should be taking some of the pressure off of Carrick with a more defensive addition. (Unless Jones can stop rampaging forward this season from MF).
I took as an example two CM with completely different characteristics who were able to rise for the challenge. Scholes's career is fascinating. Its amazing how a smallish striker, with a serious asthma problem, who was laughed at by rival youth coaches for being too small and frail, was able to move out of position (from stk to AM) and completely re-invent himself (from Striker to AMC to deep lying playmaker) without any dip in terms of quality. We're talking here about a player who still shits on probably the majority of all midfielders in the world despite being 37 yr old.

Now do you think that the signing of the second most rated playmaker of his time (JSV) and probably the biggest name United have ever signed throughout all SAF's reign ruined Scholes career? You know the answer.
If a player have the right talent AND attitude then he'll make it, no matter who has ahead of him. Our players are blessed of having a manager who wouldn't give a friggin feck about names and will stick to his guns no matter what matters. If you're good enough then you'll play even if it means leaving a 20-30m big name on the bench. We've got loads of examples about that, Sharpe (brought from Torquay United and thrown in the deep end soon afterwards), Giggs (17 yr old kid who ended up sending an English regular to the bench), Scholes, Fletcher, Saha (replaced RVN) , Danny Welbeck, the list goes on and on.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
:lol: feck me that site is cringe. The TC23 collection official photo makes him look like he's got the shits.

His taste in music is beyond horrific.
Yes because everyone has to have the same taste in music as you :rolleyes:

I find it amazing what he does in his spare time, is such a cause for concern amongst many on here. What he eats doesn't make you shit!

Leave him be, if it affects his on field performances then we have a platform beyond that, many in here are just gossiping and sniping like women in a salon.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I don't care what he does in his spare time at all, as most people don't. The concerns I have is it seems that he thinks he's already made it or he'll think that when in fact he's proven nothing so far.

Don't care who he's shagging.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
:lol: you missed out the bit where he became shit at football.
Yes. It's like he has crossed the whole football player path in one season. Started out as a promising youngster, became a first team player, turned into England first team material, turned into one of the world's most gifted midfielders, let himself go and got into a bad shape, became a worldwide scandal and lost all his footballing abilities.

All in one season, in which he started five games.

Hans Moleman

Tom Cleverley used his injury-enforced layoff during the 2011/12 season to improve other facets of his game.

After a storming start to the season, an ankle injury sustained at Bolton in September - and subsequently aggravated the following month at Everton - ruled the 22-year-old out for the majority of the campaign.

Rather than allow himself to mope, however, Cleverley adopted a proactive approach to his return to action.

"The first couple of weeks was just basically resting and staying off my feet," he told Fight to the Finish, the club's official diary of the 2011/12 season.

"That helped massively. Then I got back into the gym from then for about two months and worked massively hard with [physiotherapist] Neil Hough, [head physiotherapist] Rob Swire, the doc [Doctor Steve McNally] and the hard work paid off. I definitely filled out a bit.

"When you’re not on the pitch you can work on other areas. I did work with video analysis, I worked hard with [strength and conditioning coach] Gary Walker in the gym on my upper body, and I did vision work too.

"It’s a fantastic training ground because you can work hard on all aspects of your game when you’re injured. Everything I could work on, I worked on. I’ve done everything I can while I’ve been out."

Cleverley's ankle injury, sustained under a poor challenge from Kevin Davies, was the latest in a lengthy line of sizeable setbacks for the midfielder, who has also suffered a broken leg, dislocated shoulder and knee ligament damage in his fledgling career.

Nevertheless, Cleverley stresses that he has been the victim of circumstance rather than a natural susceptibility to injury, and he is hopeful that his misfortunes are now behind him.

"I’d hate to be getting the injury-prone tag," said the midfielder, "because the injuries I’ve had have all been contact, impact or reckless tackles. It’s not like I’m picking up hamstring injuries or thigh injuries all the time.

"Hopefully I’m getting all the bad luck out at the start of my career and I can go on to play as long as Giggsy; he’s the perfect example."

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Giggsy as the perfect example is a nice comment. I love to hear young players admire and crave the careers of the likes of Scholes and Giggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.