Tom Cleverley | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebe

I just love the idea of being a footballer and magically getting injured and told by the gaffer to put my feet up and relax for months while getting paid millions to now watch videos.
All I can think about reading this is Jack Wilshere :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Im praying he won't get injured playing in the Olympics. I was hoping we could see him and Kagawa in action during pre-season to get a sense of what we can see during the regular season.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I want to see him and Anderson back together again.

Gambit

Hope he will do well in the olympics. Perfect stage for him to shine.
I hope he doesn't get a game and is left on the bench throughout.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I hope he doesn't get a game and is left on the bench throughout.
Why don't you want a 23-year-old player to shine at the Olympics? I know you might think he'll get injured, but when players are young I want them to do well at international tournaments, especially if it's their first one...

Gambit

Why don't you want a 23-year-old player to shine at the Olympics? I know you might think he'll get injured, but when players are young I want them to do well at international tournaments, especially if it's their first one...
I have no interest anymore in international tournaments. If he does play I hope he does do well and shines but it's far more important to have him back in one piece.

Gambit

He needs to play more football, not less. Hope he has a great tournament.
He'd still get to play more football on our own tours. Less competitive games that will ease him in for the season.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Aye, the Olympics will be a great tournament for Cleverley . As Pogue says he needs the games and the level of the event makes it a great pre-season for him.

Gambit

We have a whole season coming up, he'll get plenty of competetive games. Personally I think the option to play with his new teammates and work out playing together, whilst getting into the groove with others is more important.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: some people say some strange things.

Looking forward to TClev at the Olympics. Perfect platform for him to shine. Will be excellent playing proper competitive football as his pre-season. It's exactly what he needs.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
We have a whole season coming up, he'll get plenty of competetive games. Personally I think the option to play with his new teammates and work out playing together, whilst getting into the groove with others is more important.
Jesus, gambit. It's going to be a competetive pre-season for him, you're seriously against football at the Olympics for a 23-year old (in August) player... yes, season is long, so that's why he should get a chance to play his first serious (not too much, but still) international competition. It will help him more than travelling all over the world to play against no-names.

kps88

Yep the Olympics will be great for him. SAF wouldn't have allowed him to go otherwise.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The Olympics should be a great experience for him.

Gambit

possible 7 games in 3 weeks finishing a week before we start the season. Hope he does well but I'd rather he or Rafael were not involved.

DevilRed

He needs to play more football, not less. Hope he has a great tournament.
More football and less banging soap opera stars in the middle east. He is in danger of regressing because he keeps missing significant chunks of football one season after the next.

Hal9000

possible 7 games in 3 weeks finishing a week before we start the season. Hope he does well but I'd rather he or Rafael were not involved.
To be fair, only a few more games than our pre season tour.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
World Cups/Euro's/Olympics are brilliant experiences for a young players development. A chance to make a name for youself on the world stage and come up against different styles of play and adapt. Can understand that for many of you all that matters is United, but i think you's need to consider the wider picture. Look how seriously Brazil and Spain take these tournaments, do you think it has a negative effect on them.

rocks13

To be fair, only a few more games than our pre season tour.
Exactly. The Olympics is really just a competitive pre-season for the likes of Rafael and Cleverley.

Hopefully, they should be coming back sharper than most players. Can't believe people would want them to not play and come back for the start of the season with no playing time under their belts.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
More football and less banging soap opera stars in the middle east. He is in danger of regressing because he keeps missing significant chunks of football one season after the next.
What a bizarre post. What does his private life have to do with being kicked in the ankle?

Marcus

If Tom starts the season injury-free and scores within his first 2 matches, I just feel that we will win the league.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
If Antonio Valencia has smoked salmon for tea on Thursday we'll win the FA Cup too.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
You can sort of see what he means. Cleverley gets an early goal, his confidence sky rockets, the rest of his game comes together and our midfield situation is sorted...

You never know. ;)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jesus, gambit. It's going to be a competetive pre-season for him, you're seriously against football at the Olympics for a 23-year old (in August) player... yes, season is long, so that's why he should get a chance to play his first serious (not too much, but still) international competition. It will help him more than travelling all over the world to play against no-names.
I have mixed feelings on that. On one hand you're right and I am not happy to see United travelling across the entire world (China and Africa), since it will leave a toil on our players. However dont forget that Pearce is in it, to win it. He'll do his outmost to see his team peaking during Olympics, which means that the likes of Giggs and Clev will return at OT tired.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Very composed, and worked hard.

Gambit

off the speed of the game but when he came back deeper he was very good. Unfortuanetly then the players around him couldn't seem to pass a ball to his feet in close quarters.

DevilRed

off the speed of the game but when he came back deeper he was very good. Unfortuanetly then the players around him couldn't seem to pass a ball to his feet in close quarters.
Pretty much been a hallmark of any England side in the last 8 years. Alot of hope that Welbeck, Cleverley, Wilshere etc. can change that culture.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Couple of times he went down yesterday had me worried. He seemed to limp at first but was then okay. Hopefully he will be available for selection for the opening weekend.

Gambit

Pretty much been a hallmark of any England side in the last 8 years. Alot of hope that Welbeck, Cleverley, Wilshere etc. can change that culture.
It annoys the hell out of me. The difference between our cub football and national team in terms of passing is light years.

Gambit

Couple of times he went down yesterday had me worried. He seemed to limp at first but was then okay. Hopefully he will be available for selection for the opening weekend.
Took a nasty wallop to the back of his ankle early on and you could he was concerned himself. Seemed to run it off ok though. I can't wait to get him and Anderson back together and on form.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thought he was pretty poor in the first half. Much better in the second but still more to come.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thought he was pretty poor in the first half. Much better in the second but still more to come.
Thought pretty much the same thing.In fairness the 2 games I've seen him in recently were last night's and Bilbao.Both very tough and he couldn't really get on the ball.Still he's on a learning curve and I'm hopeful he'll do well as he seems to posess the right attitude

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
He wasn't particularly good but considering where he is fitness wise and where most of the Brazil squad are I guess he did well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Cleverley is a centre midfielder and if you can't find a slot for him in the centre of midfield he should be dropped because he has next to no impact on the game in other positions.

Cleverley doesn't have the speed, strength or shooting to be a real threat in a more advanced position or out wide so playing him where Pearce did most of yesterday was a waste. But then 'Psycho' did the same thing in the Euro U21s so to expect anything different was silly.

At least Tom got a good run out after his injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.