Tom Cleverley | 2014/15 Performances (on loan at Aston Villa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Happy for Cleverley. He could become an important player for a mid-table team, which Villa should be next season. The likes of Everton and Southampton will also be interested.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That's not funny at all.

Weird you have such a strong stance in the N word thread because of its history but then seem to think this is funny.
It's a joke at Cleverlys expense...wtf. I don't think its intentions where to belittle the deaths in world war 2! Very odd comparison really

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It's a joke at Cleverlys expense...wtf. I don't think its intentions where to belittle the deaths in world war 2! Very odd comparison really
Its not an odd comparison at all, you are against using the N word because of its connection to hatred and death but then think it is funny to compare a footballer to Hitler who was in charge of the killing of 6 million jews, hardly a joke. You say white people can't say the N word in any context, but comparing people to Hitler is ok? To paraphrase you if a person wants to defend their right to compare a footballer to Hitler then they are a piece of shit in my eyes.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Its not an odd comparison at all, you are against using the N word because of its connection to hatred and death but then think it is funny to compare a footballer to Hitler who was in charge of the killing of 6 million jews, hardly a joke. You say white people can't say the N word in any context, but comparing people to Hitler is ok? To paraphrase you if a person wants to defend their right to compare a footballer to Hitler then they are a piece of shit in my eyes.
You could put anyone as the other subject in that joke. Genghis Khan, Atilla the Hun, Stalin, Mau Zedong...the joke has nothing to do with the holocaust. This is bizarre. Do you feel the same when people jokingly go 'that's how nazi Germany started'?

matt23

Happy for Cleverley. He could become an important player for a mid-table team, which Villa should be next season. The likes of Everton and Southampton will also be interested.
Somebody on Soccer Saturday last week mentioned that he'll be playing in London next season. West Ham seems like a decent shout.

I'm glad for him and Sherwood, proving a lot of people wrong.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Good lad TC. Good player, doing well in the prem.

Some people genuinely used to get offended by his existance. Weirdos..
Indeed Twigs. Looks to have real confidence in his play at the moment. Happy for him, he should stay at Villa though. Sherwood gets the best out of players like him.

Trizy

I'm happy for him, I always liked him as a person but for his time at United senior level he was a pile of shite.

He has a long career ahead of him in the PL, just not at a top club unfortunately, but hey, at least he's already won the league.

The White Pele

Really pleased to see him getting his confidence back and hope he has more belief in his own ability the next time he has a rough spell.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I still just laugh at how some people say they are pleased for him. @Trizy two posts up says he always liked him, earlier this season was a different tone though
Oh feck off with your loan move Tom, your're shite and we don't want ya.

Leave your girlfriend though, we can throw her in with 200k/week to coax Vidal.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Annoying that we aren't going to get a penny for him. I think he would do well at Everton next season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Seeing as we seem to be missing a 'right sided midfielder', although maybe not at the required level for United, im surprised Van Gaal let him go on loan. I mean, apart from Herrera, we have no one who can play that 8 role. Cleverley would have been ideal to fill in for him if/when injured for this season.

That aside, I'm really glad he's started to score and do well. Long may it continue.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Glad TC is picking up but would be a massive step back to see him back in the fold. Would rather see one of our youth squad taking his place in the squad. TC just falls short imho.

Trizy

I still just laugh at how some people say they are pleased for him. @Trizy two posts up says he always liked him, earlier this season was a different tone though
:lol: You can still like someone who's shite you know? Just like Falcao, he's a big bag of shite but I really like him as a person.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Yeh, I'm sure it was meant that way. I like my mum but tell her to feck off all the time :houllier:

No harm done though, just making a point how many are taking the high ground with Cleverley now that he is doing well. Wasn't personal, you were just above me and a quick and easy target.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
To get the best from Clev's I've always thought you needed to play a 3 man midfield, and have him arriving into the box as often as possible.
He can do the disciplined, donkey work to an extent but he's nothing special in the role, you'd ideally want him going the other way as much as possible.
I hope he does well with his career and pushes on, it was dissapointing how much stick he recieved from fans the past few years.

FujiVice

Its funny, if Cleverley was playing as he is currently and didnt have prior experience at United, people would be linking him to a move to us and Liverpool.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's fair he's found his level. He would be stupid to sign for Everton or somebody else purely for higher wages. He is back to playing good football for a manager that is getting the best of him. He could quite easily go to Everton and end up falling back down again, hopefully he will continue to get his career back on track.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Its funny, if Cleverley was playing as he is currently and didnt have prior experience at United, people would be linking him to a move to us and Liverpool.
And then he'd move and end up being a flop. It's amazing how he got in the England team when he did but if he stays at Villa and carries on like this he might not have had his last cap.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I've always liked Tom. Hope he stays at Villa. Better for him to play under Sherwood than Martinez, if you ask me.

FujiVice

And then he'd move and end up being a flop. It's amazing how he got in the England team when he did but if he stays at Villa and carries on like this he might not have had his last cap.
You wont be saying that in August when we line up for our first CL qualifier with Clyne, Cleverley and Ings.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
If he was likely to play like this for us I'd have him back here in an instant, but I think he doesn't have the mentality to make it at a top club. He also seems a bit dim and LVG likes players who think.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
Seems to be liked by the Villa fans now.

I take back everything I said. He is much better further forward than as a deep-lying playmaker. I'd pay 8m in a heartbeat.
I'd pay that £8m now without any hesitation, not that we need to now since he's out of contract in the summer.
If he doesn't sign, it leaves a huge gap in our midfield.
If he keeps playing like this he'll be a shoe in for the Euros next summer. Can see him and Delph both making the squad on current form.

Never thought I'd say it but, come on Tom, do the decent thing and sign with us!
Based on he's last 4/5 months of graft, It Wouldn't surprise me if LVG offered him a new deal.
I honestly think he is integral to our squad for next season.
And this was all on one page. I couldn't be asked to read the next page.

Edit: I love seeing the praise he was getting ^^ and thought I should read the other pages

He has been excellent ever since Sherwood got here so much so that I think he would be a massive loss to us now if we weren't able to sign him on a permanent deal.

The Holte sang sign him up today and it would be great to think that it would be announced at the end of the season that he has signed for us. I am sure there are others sniffing around him but I think we must be in the driving seat as Sherwood is getting the best out of him and that must count for a lot. Also if non of the top 4 or 5 are going to come in for him then there are few clubs bigger than us so with us heading in the right direction he'd be a fool to leave.
Outstanding again.

A couple of mistakes just prevent it being a near perfect midfield performance.

One pass turned round the corner down the line in the first half was sublime.

What a transformation.
7 mill would have been cheap for him if he keeps churning out performances like this
I'm baffled how good he has been lately compared to how he played earlier in the season. Seeing him celebrate the goal and the win was delightful. Pure joy.
Awesome performance Tom. I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.