Tom Cleverley | 2014/15 Performances (on loan at Aston Villa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
When Villa were two down and he received the ball a few times just outside Arsenal's box but kept passing it backwards, I actually sighed. Damn it Tom.

The White Pele

He was tidy enough yesterday and worked hard but, christ, if he can't even take it on himself to try and do something positive at Wembley in an FA Cup Final with 2 goals down and nothing to lose, rather than giving an easy pass to the left or right every time, then he never will.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was garbage yesterday, all those lazy sideways passes he plays are tiresome.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
My least favorite Utd player in 27 years as a red. Absolutely no balls at all. Constantly waiting for someone else to make something happen, no drive or daring yet thinks he is the second coming of Zidane.

OneUnited24

My least favorite Utd player in 27 years as a red. Absolutely no balls at all. Constantly waiting for someone else to make something happen, no drive or daring yet thinks he is the second coming of Zidane.
I honestly dont think he thinks he is... But one thing that still dumbfounds me is after watching him play for a few years now i still have absolutely no idea what his best position is. Its like hes a mix of several positions but not dominate in any.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So, looks like he's off to Everton....

Assuming he starts for them who will he be replacing?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He's not good enough for United. A pity we didn't sell him last Summer and get a few bob.
I asked about this in the Twitter thread - didn't we accept an offer from Villa to buy him last summer, but he turned-down the permanent move so he could move for free this summer and pocket the money himself, or was that proven to be nonsense?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I asked about this in the Twitter thread - didn't we accept an offer from Villa to buy him last summer, but he turned-down the permanent move so he could move for free this summer and pocket the money himself, or was that proven to be nonsense?
Think they bid 7m, he didn't want to go there on a perma transfer and Everton weren't willing to stump up the cash. They knew he wanted to join so just waited a year.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Cleverley had initially been a permanent £8m target for Villa before his wage demands caused the club to reconsider. While the 24-year-old earns a basic of only £30,000 a week at United, sizeable add-ons make his terms attractive and, out of contract at the end of this season, Cleverley felt he was in a strong position to negotiate.

However, Villa did not accede to his requests for a weekly salary of around £60,000 a week, leaving Everton as the only club in the frame to sign him. But when the Merseyside club made an offer to United of around £5m, it was rejected.

This alerted Villa to the possibility of reviving their interest in Cleverley, this time by taking him on a loan.
from this Guardian article: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/02/tom-cleverley-aston-villa-loan-manchester-united

RooneyLegend

Why didn't we take the 5 million quid and run? How does he think he deserves 60K a week?

Name Changed

weso26
Ah, I see.

kundalini

Villa had an offer accepted. Cleverley wanted to go to Everton. They put in an offer of some sort that was rejected. Cleverley and his agent thought United would be willing to loan him to Everton but we weren't so he made a desperate last minute, or perhaps extra time, move to Villa on loan.

I think it is a bit of a leap to say Cleverley rejected Villa for financial reasons, especially given it all happened at the end of the transfer window. Everton probably spent more on Lukaku than they expected and therefore didn't have the funds for Cleverley. The last few days of the transfer window are chaotic with several parties all waiting for each other to change their offer.

prarek

Hope he does well at Everton. Not good enough for us unfortunately. Just feel sorry for the lad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.