Height: 188cm
Position: Goalkeeper
Foot: Right
Player Agent: 10Ten Football
Squad Number: #22
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2023
Contract Option: Club option 1 year​

Red_toad

Had a solid game, hope he's convinced Erik we don't need to waste money on a Dave understudy.

lsd

The Oracle
Looked very decent and seems to be alert in good shape his reflexes are sharp.

I would be fine with him as our number 2 this year

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can't think of anybody who's had a better season for us so far.

city-puma

If it was Klopp or Pep, Heaton will start as no 1 from now on. Hate to say it as it sounds very harsh to DDG. But, everything has to end one way or another.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Imagine a youth player making their Premier League debut at 36 years old. :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You might aswell stick him in v Liverpool imo just to make the point to De Gea about "standards."

I know he hasn't played in years but ultimately you're very likely to ship in 3-4 whoever plays so won't make much difference and Heaton was actually a good keeper when he was first choice in premier league and can do the basics well.

Is he going to be your europa keeper or will you sign someone else?

Born2Lose

I'd rather watch this guy try and fail than just watch De Gea fail.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Imagine a youth player making their Premier League debut at 36 years old. :lol:
Would certainly be a record for us, right? Maybe Mr. Mujac or another academy expert can shed some light for us.

Sylar

What is the point of him? Same thing as Grant

Why have we wasted money (glazers I know), but what is the actual thinking? What purpose does he serve?

Santos J

What is the point of him? Same thing as Grant

Why have we wasted money (glazers I know), but what is the actual thinking? What purpose does he serve?
To be an experienced home grown 3rd choice, like loads of clubs have

Man Utd 3:0 Charlton

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Perfectly solid today, and has a bit of a Peter Schmeichel long throw on him.

Not really sure why we need another loanee to come in and be number two, but we've been very belt-and-braces with backup keepers for the last few years for some reason.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thought Tom did well tonight. Good with aerials, good sweeping up behind the defence. Nothing spectacular but a solid performance, which makes me wonder why we're so keen to run out and loan keepers when (apparently) money is tight and there's not enough to go towards a first choice forward.

Pughnichi

Perfectly solid today, and has a bit of a Peter Schmeichel long throw on him.

Not really sure why we need another loanee to come in and be number two, but we've been very belt-and-braces with backup keepers for the last few years for some reason.
It’s not necessarily related to Heaton not being good enough

But rather, best practise for 3 GKs with 1st team squad during training sessions re rotation and recovery.

Idxomer

One of the few highlights of the game was his coming out to collect any cross near him, it was quite refreshing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought Tom did well tonight. Good with aerials, good sweeping up behind the defence. Nothing spectacular but a solid performance, which makes me wonder why we're so keen to run out and loan keepers when (apparently) money is tight and there's not enough to go towards a first choice forward.
There's no real mystery to it. We need three goalkeepers, so we had to find one somewhere. If you don't want to disrupt a young player's development by bringing them into the squad where they will almost never play, you bring one in from the outside.

Alemar

Excellent clean sheet, claimed 4 or 5 crosses, swept a couple of times.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Excellent clean sheet, claimed 4 or 5 crosses, swept a couple of times.
With an absolute minimum of fuss. Been a long while since I've seen a United keeper do those particular keeper things looking so keeper alike.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There's no real mystery to it. We need three goalkeepers, so we had to find one somewhere. If you don't want to disrupt a young player's development by bringing them into the squad where they will almost never play, you bring one in from the outside.
We had three keepers. We signed Nathan Bishop from Southend three years ago. If he's not good enough to be third choice, what was the point? The kid spent 2021-22 on loan. If we knew he wasn't good enough after that, why not move him on?

criticalanalysis

Thought he did well in pre-season if my memory serves me right and then he had an iffy 1st team game. Maybe the Butland loan made him perk up again.

Very good game imo.

skc_18

Had a solid game. Impressed with his handling of crosses.

Real Name

He's hand throwing is out of this world, he throws the ball as far as the middle of the pitch.

Telsim

Didn’t need to do any spectacular saves, but he was solid when called upon. Claimed crosses and delivered well. Good game.

NoPace

He's always been good. Not exciting, but I remember agreeing with some friends he should just start Euro 2016 because Hart made a few mistakes near the end of the season (it was right before his career went off the rails) and Heaton probably wouldn't do anything particularly exciting or terrible but seemed to be one of Burnley's best players every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.