Toni Kroos | Madridista

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
If we signed him this place would have exploded. As a Real Madrid signing, they barely care.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Kroos had a year left on his contract, was bound to cost less.
30mil€ for 1 year contract. That means he would cost 90mil€ if he had 3 years left. :eek:

So he's more expensive than James. :D

Ruht

I'm quite happy with the fee to be fair. He has 1 year left on his contract so €30m isn't that bad. Not sure if we could have asked for much more.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'll miss him, but if Bernat turns out to be a very good left back and Alaba gets lots of playing time in midfield, we'll be fine. We might even play more direct football again :drool:.

Skills

Snitch
Why do Madrid always seem to give out 6 year contracts? Actually, why can't other clubs tie down new signings to 6 year contracts? They seem to be the only club who goes above the standard 5 years.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
:( sucks to see Toni leaving.

We have enough alternatives to compensate for him; I just hope, that we´ll replace him with Hojbjerg/Alaba/Götze/Shaqiri. Buying another guy to replace Kroos wouldnt make any sense.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
I'm surprised at the lack of emotion on my side. I remember my reaction to Ballack signing for Chelsea being a lot more heated than this. Guess I never thought of Kroos as part of the family. Same with Mandzukic. I'm more excited about Lewandowski and the fact that Shaquiri might now get a chance to prove himself. :)

NoLogo

Interesting so they spend like 25M € on Kroos and now James seems to be the next target which will most likely cost them €70M+. I guess there is a really big chance that Di Maria is on his way out then. Khedira probably as well.

NK86

While I don't disagree with the rest, that comment really is silly. It's just plain wrong. Schweinsteiger has played as the holding midfielder for Germany about 5 years now and countless times bailed the team out when Khedira went awol. He's an excellent defensive midfielder with outstanding workrate, he's just such an incredible complete central midfielder, that he's equally good in a more advanced role.
Completely agree. From what I see, he is the last proper German midfield general playing now. Kroos is nowhere near Schweinsteiger in terms of being the complete midfielder.

Havak

Pokemon master
Wow, this seemed to come out of nowhere, or have I just been under a rock for a while? :/ Didn't see anything about Real in for him!

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Wow, this seemed to come out of nowhere, or have I just been under a rock for a while? :/ Didn't see anything about Real in for him!
More like a mountain, a fecking huge mountain :lol:.

finneh

I can actually see reason in us pulling out of this one. I don't think a 3 of Mata, Herrera and Kroos would work particularly well.

I think we'd have the same problem as we currently have (and have had for years) with Carrick. Having a player with a great passing range who sits back but doesn't have much mobility increases the burden hugely on his partner. Kroos sits but doesn't put in a great shift, Mata stays up top and doesn't put in a great shift and Herrera would then be expected to do all of the grunt work. As poor a player as Cleverley has been, this is the reason for his downfall and would almost certainly be too much for Herrera to. Kroos is perfect in a Juventus/Bayern style midfield, with Vidal/Pogba or Schweinsteiger/Martinez next to him, both of which are mobile and contribute quite a lot defensively.

I believe that we need a Schweinsteiger/Vidal style partner for Herrera who will take on a portion of the responsibility in terms of harassing opponents and making space in the middle of the park. I firmly believe that part of the reason our central midfield has been dire for years is that trying to find a single partner for Carrick is an impossible task. You put even Yaya Toure, Vidal, Modric etc next to Carrick and they aren't going to be able to cope with what would be required of them.

If LVG wants a midfield 3 of Herrera, Mata and A.N Other there are plenty of inferior players to Kroos who would be a much better fit for the team.

FromTheBench

He's a very good player and came at a cheaper than Value price.

But i am not sure where he fits in the Real team, even more so if they buy James Rodriguez.

Bestie07

I can actually see reason in us pulling out of this one. I don't think a 3 of Mata, Herrera and Kroos would work particularly well.

I think we'd have the same problem as we currently have (and have had for years) with Carrick. Having a player with a great passing range who sits back but doesn't have much mobility increases the burden hugely on his partner. Kroos sits but doesn't put in a great shift, Mata stays up top and doesn't put in a great shift and Herrera would then be expected to do all of the grunt work. As poor a player as Cleverley has been, this is the reason for his downfall and would almost certainly be too much for Herrera to. Kroos is perfect in a Juventus/Bayern style midfield, with Vidal/Pogba or Schweinsteiger/Martinez next to him, both of which are mobile and contribute quite a lot defensively.

I believe that we need a Schweinsteiger/Vidal style partner for Herrera who will take on a portion of the responsibility in terms of harassing opponents and making space in the middle of the park. I firmly believe that part of the reason our central midfield has been dire for years is that trying to find a single partner for Carrick is an impossible task. You put even Yaya Toure, Vidal, Modric etc next to Carrick and they aren't going to be able to cope with what would be required of them.

If LVG wants a midfield 3 of Herrera, Mata and A.N Other there are plenty of inferior players to Kroos who would be a much better fit for the team.
Yeah, never wanted him even when we were heavily linked with him for the simple reason that him and Mata playing centrally in the same team would leave us lacking a bit in mobility. A player like Vidal always was the ideal signing in my opinion, whether we manage to find someone of his ilk is a different question altogether.

ravi2

What an absolutely fanatic signing, wonder who will lose out at Madrid. Gotta think it will be Alonso at the moment. Wonder what that also does for a player like Isco.
Id think they would need more of a CDM/destroyer type to balance out Modric and Kroos... keeping Khedira would be a smart move and Alonso becomes a squad player.
I have no clue how they intend to balance of front 3 of Ronaldo, Bale and Rodriguez tho.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
What happened that he didn't sign a new deal at Bayern? I don't understand why Pep would see a player of Kroos' quality happily leave and I don't understand why he'll probably play Lahm in midfield again. Doesn't make sense to me.

As for not improving their starting 11. I don't think that's true. He's a lot better than Modric, Alonso and Khedira, IMO.

Brightonian

What happened that he didn't sign a new deal at Bayern? I don't understand why Pep would see a player of Kroos' quality happily leave and I don't understand why he'll probably play Lahm in midfield again. Doesn't make sense to me.

As for not improving their starting 11. I don't think that's true. He's a lot better than Modric, Alonso and Khedira, IMO.
No-one is 'a lot better than Modric' right now. In fact no CM in world football was better last season.

Glanville95

Great signing for Madrid, but following the arrival of Herrera I'm not disappointed about this. Isn't the type of midfielder we should target.

Ruht

I'll miss him, but if Bernat turns out to be a very good left back and Alaba gets lots of playing time in midfield, we'll be fine. We might even play more direct football again :drool:.
You want Alaba to move in to midfield then? :D

As for Kroos, I'll miss him as well but we will manage without him. I'm happy with the transfer fee, now remains to be seen whether we'd invest it into another player. I really need something to satisfy my inner muppet..

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
You want Alaba to move in to midfield then? :D

As for Kroos, I'll miss him as well but we will manage without him. I'm happy with the transfer fee, now remains to be seen whether we'd invest it into another player. I really need something to satisfy my inner muppet..
It's a very strange transfer summer for us. We already have our superstar signing, it's just a bit boring because he came on a free and we knew about it for more than a year now :lol:. I'm not sure if we spend a lot this summer. Our wage bill probably exploded with all the contract extensions and with Kroos and Mandzukic we lost two players on relatively low wages while we signed a new top earner in Lewandowski now. But I like the team a lot and would actually a bit annoyed if we signed a new midfielder instead of giving Hojbjerg playing time. It's the same at centerback, signing a new one would make it almost impossible for Badstuber to play often enough.

Blackwidow

The most of the Bayern players are top quality.

And Kroos sees himself as a god and wants to be paid like it - and the management sees him as very human. That is just it.

They might value him as a player on the pitch - but not of the quality if you see the whole package "Kroos" that would make him to be irreplaceable.

Midnight1811

He's a very good player and came at a cheaper than Value price.

But i am not sure where he fits in the Real team, even more so if they buy James Rodriguez.
If they buy James, then I'll also be confused even more. If they sell Di Maria, Kroos could fill in the role of Ozil when he was at Madrid as a no.10 I'm sure he'll like this, as he'll be involved quite fairly

Zii

Ronadlo, Bale, Benzema, Kroos, Modric and now Rodriguez, holy shit

James Rodriguez also, bloody ridiculous

Zii

We are so far behind in terms of players, our wingers and midfielders and defence are still poor

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We are so far behind in terms of players, our wingers and midfielders and defence are still poor
Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern practically possess world class talent in every position, but we don't have to worry about them this season. Chelsea and City are the immediate issue, they both enjoy superior squads to ours, van Gaal has a lot of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.