Toni Kroos

Walters_19_MuFc

He was class against City yesterday, especially in the second half. I did say I wouldn't mind him as a holding midfielder for us, but I just think it's about time we focus on making sure we have dynamism in the middle.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
No, no, no. He had his chance and walked away from us. If he's interested now it's only for the money after not being able to cope at Madrid.

Devil may care

If Rooney is going to be plodding around in midfield next season we need athletic CM's in there with him.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
No, no, no. He had his chance and walked away from us. If he's interested now it's only for the money after not being able to cope at Madrid.

You sound like he is a huge failure for Madrid, so why is he starting every single game for them?

He's just not playing in his preferred role, i think that's why he's not happy. He's not a #6 and not a #10 but he is a #8. It's like putting Xavi in Busquetts role.

But tbh as of now he wouldn't join United anyways, at least not without UCL football guaranteed. I could even see him coming back to Bayern once Alonso's contract runs out (after next season).

C'est Moi Cantona

Depending on the circumstances - why he went Madrid in the first place, if LvG is still manager, if there's a place for him in the team, and his price, then surely he'd be a good option if what Ducker said is true.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Said it before but he's a class act and with the right players around him would be a great signing. He can totally dictate the pace of a game.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You sound like he is a huge failure for Madrid, so why is he starting every single game for them?

He's just not playing in his preferred role, i think that's why he's not happy. He's not a #6 and not a #10 but he is a #8. It's like putting Xavi in Busquetts role.

But tbh as of now he wouldn't join United anyways, at least not without UCL football guaranteed. I could even see him coming back to Bayern once Alonso's contract runs out (after next season).
Well given the fact that he was ready to join United when we finished 7th(LvG cancelled the deal), I think that's a pretty wrong assumption to make.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Better than anything we have so unless we have our eye on someone else we'd be fools not to be interested. I wish we signed Robben when he left Madrid at least we know Kroos wouldn't uproot and leave if hitting form. He's an accomplished version of what Rooney is trying to be as a midfielder. Plus his experience and class on the ball should not be underrated.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Said it before but he's a class act and with the right players around him would be a great signing. He can totally dictate the pace of a game.
Agreed. Would love to see him at Utd.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Cue another season of him being useless while the caf blames the players around him.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Just thought of that Gerrard story in his book - about him trying to convince Kroos to come to Liverpool :lol:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Cue another season of him being useless while the caf blames the players around him.
Haven't seen a massive amount of him at Real but I've seen him plenty for Bayern and Germany and the word useless never really crossed my mind. If he's useless, feck knows what our current midfielders are.

kr0nix

Personally, I would rather we went after Isco and played three in midfield alongside Ander and Morgan. If Blind were to continue at center back next season, he could step into midfield periodically with Morgan dropping back.

Suedesi

Is there a more overrated player than Toni?

He is a good player, tidy in passing, has a good shot / cross

And that's fecking it.

Yet some say splurge 80 million Euros for him!

Distracted Steward

He is a good player, tidy in passing, has a good shot / cross

And that's fecking it.

Yet some say splurge 80 million Euros for him!
I said something similar about Carrick. I was very wrong then and can't help but think you are wrong also.

Kroos is a top class player. He's not an all arounder, but he's key to making the midfield work in one of the best club teams and the reining World Cup winning team. If he's not world class, he's not far off.

RoyH1

Must respectfully disagree with the opinions posted above. The man is the best passer of the ball in European football at the moment. He's the metronome that makes Germany tick. The moment the Italians started man marking him is when the Germans started playing their most plodding and average footbal.

He doesn't shine as much for Madrid (though he's still friggin' great) because of the very predictable 4-3-3 system they have in place due to having to play the BBC combo.

Libano

Paul Pogba. Who, in comparison to Kroos, has very little to show for - a great athlete and show pony whose game is anything but polished or consistent. Kroos at 26 has been at the heart of teams who won 2 CL's and a World Cup. He's contributed massively to those successes. He's a far more effective player.

84 Mio pounds? Yeah, I'd welcome Pogba at United because he'd strengthen the team and it's not my money but I'd much rather see Kroos at Old Trafford. He was voted into virtually any World Cup all star team out there for good reason. It's just nuts to not consider him world class.

NoLogo

Must respectfully disagree with the opinions posted above. The man is the best passer of the ball in European football at the moment. He's the metronome that makes Germany tick. The moment the Italians started man marking him is when the Germans started playing their most plodding and average footbal.

He doesn't shine as much for Madrid (though he's still friggin' great) because of the very predictable 4-3-3 system they have in place due to having to play the BBC combo.
Spot on. Even though it wasn't just the man marking that stifled our game, the system change also contributed to it and of course that Italy is probably the best defensive side out there, they barely make any tactical mistakes when it comes to defending, the team is amazingly hard to break down but yes taking Kroos out the game, we felt that big time.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not a very physical player, was probably knackered from CL ET

Walters_19_MuFc

Haven't watched him much this season, but tonight he was different class.

In terms of dictating games, there's no one better, in my opinion.

Would love to have a player like that at United.

KeanoMagicHat

Truly amazing passer, the weight of passes, the range, the variation. Probably the best deep midfield passer since Xavi. There are better dribblers or other aspects of midfield play, but Kroos is an unmatched at that aspect of the game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The first goal was the football equivalent of Aaron Rodgers throwing a 55 yard dime for a touchdown.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Such little talk about this guy on this forum, for someone who was a key player for a Real Madrid which won 3 Champions Leagues trophees in a row...

5 posts up and we are in 2018
6 posts up and we are in 2017
11 posts up and we are in 2016

Crazy..

Bwuk

Such little talk about this guy on this forum, for someone who was a key player for a Real Madrid which won 3 Champions Leagues trophees in a row...

5 posts up and we are in 2018
6 posts up and we are in 2017
11 posts up and we are in 2016

Crazy..
Think everyone knows how good he is. He'd be the best CM in the league if he played here.

Alfie092

Was so excited back in late 2013/early 2014 when we was heavily linked with Kroos. I know Moyes struggled and imo deserved his sacking at the end but some of the players we were linked with to sign for us in the summer of 2014, including Kroos was truly exciting! Kroos was the guy who I thought would be the one to replace Scholes and was devastated when he went to Madrid :(

GueRed

Someone who dictates the game really well.

we would've replaced Carrick and Scholes there and then if we got him in 2013/2014. Year 2021 and we still havent replaced them.

Kroos' passing range and vision is world class.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
In the alternate universe where you buy Kroos, do you buy Casemiro and Modric too?
Because else there's no way Kroos wouldn't have looked terrible for you, and you would have absolutely hated him after a short honeymoon period.

KeanoMagicHat

In the alternate universe where you buy Kroos, do you buy Casemiro and Modric too?
Because else there's no way Kroos wouldn't have looked terrible for you, and you would have absolutely hated him after a short honeymoon period.
He would have been a level above anything we've had, so even if he didn't hit the heights of Real Madrid, he still would have been quite good. I imagine he would have been signed alongside someone like Herrera, who would have done some of the running for him.

OmarUnited4ever

Excerpt from the Athletic

In spring 2014, Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez texted Kroos with a view of convincing him to come to Liverpool.

“It wasn’t a straight chat-up line but they offered to tell me more about the club and so on. The funny thing was, Suarez was about to leave to Barcelona anyway,” Kroos laughs.

In any case, he had already decided to join Manchester United at that stage.

“David Moyes had come to see me and the contract had basically been done but then Moyes was fired and Louis van Gaal came in, which complicated matters. Louis wanted time to build his own project. I didn’t hear anything from United for a while and started having doubts. Then the World Cup started and Carlo Ancelotti called. And that was it.”
Ouch we truly missed out.