Toni Kroos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedNed77

Can't see it myself unfortunately. A great player, but not what we need and certainly not at the prices Madrid would quote us.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Could see him work pretty well next to Matic and Pogba (or Fred), however Madrid would be pretty stupid to sell.
I think he'd fancy a transfer in the PL sooner or later tho, he has won everything there is in Spain (and Germany) and he's not the guy to build a strong bond to a club.

Njord

How many days until a contract extension is announced?

Hammondo

Hes not the type of midfielder we need though, we need someone to run the midfield and Mordic is the one to do that for him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If I was him, I’d be looking at it as the right time to move. He’s won it all and that Madrid side needs attention now. Key players are likely just beyond their peak and after the period they have had, it’s going to be difficult for them to motivate themselves to go through the process of building something new.

He’s not exactly the most loyal player so it would be a good time to find a new project in the right development stage, whether that is United is anyone’s guess.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Stop being smart arses, where would he play in terms of how would he fit in?
Might as we ask where a prime Maradona would fit in, you have about as much chances of making it happen

But the answer is: in midfield. He's a midfielder. Fred on the bench

Alfie092

With Fellaini now staying I don't see us signing him unless Herrera leaves.

Nori-

I'm coming to the conclusion that its not a matter of who we sign but how they are being managed

Unless Mourinho adapts and changes his negative style of football, any player who shows up will eventually go backwards. They need a manager who encourages them to take risks, play without fear and puts emphasis on attacking football.

I genuinely believe we could sign Messi tomorrow and within a year of being coached by Mourinho he will be a shadow of the player we know.

red thru&thru

If I was him, I’d be looking at it as the right time to move. He’s won it all and that Madrid side needs attention now. Key players are likely just beyond their peak and after the period they have had, it’s going to be difficult for them to motivate themselves to go through the process of building something new.

He’s not exactly the most loyal player so it would be a good time to find a new project in the right development stage, whether that is United is anyone’s guess.
This is the only reason I see him moving. Hopefully he does want a new challenge. There’d be no better challenge than bringing us back to the top of the English game, again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is the only reason I see him moving. Hopefully he does want a new challenge. There’d be no better challenge than bringing us back to the top of the English game, again.
Still don't see how you could afford it. He'd cost upwards of £150m IF he wants to leave...

El Zoido

With Fellaini now staying I don't see us signing him unless Herrera leaves.
If Fellaini has left we’d sign another player of his ilk. This is why we were linked with Arnaurtovic. Toni Kroos is not a backup option had Fellaini not renewed. Come on now.

Alfie092

If Fellaini has left we’d sign another player of his ilk. This is why we were linked with Arnaurtovic. Toni Kroos is not a backup option had Fellaini not renewed. Come on now.
Fellaini still plays a lot of games at CDM, so you're saying Arnautovic would have played there?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

El Zoido

Fellaini still plays a lot of games at CDM, so you're saying Arnautovic would have played there?
This is what’s being reported. Maybe he’ll play less in CDM next season, but my point is, had Fellaini left we’d look for a similar style of player as a replacement.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
He should move IMO. For the NT he hasn't been bad but seems to lack a bit of motivation. Haven't seen too many RM games but heard he has seemed half arsed this season too.

Too bad, should've been the key player for us instead of now playing for Real.

ravi2

Is it contract re-negotiation time for Kroos already?
Like Madrid would ever consider selling us Kroos. The only way that would happen is if we were prepared to send Pogba the other way

deafepl

In a midfield two, next to Matic. Freeing Nemanja up to be a destroyer and allowing Pogba to go forward.
Herrera is more of a destroyer than Matic. I forgot there's Fred. According to most people, apparently, Fred is a better upgrade of Herrera. Fred sees himself as creative B2B, not destroyer.

4-1-4-1 would be good balanced, Pogba on left with Kroos sit in middle and Fred on right, Herrera sit behind 3 midfielders.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Stop being smart arses, where would he play in terms of how would he fit in?
What they mean is that when a player is the first name on the teamsheet, the right question is not where he'd play (he'd play in his best position, duh), but where others would play and who goes to bench.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Herrera is more of a destroyer than Matic. I forgot there's Fred. According to most people, apparently, Fred is a better upgrade of Herrera. Fred sees himself as creative B2B, not destroyer.

4-1-4-1 would be good balanced, Pogba on left with Kroos sit in middle and Fred on right, Herrera sit behind 3 midfielders.
I reckon Matic is better at it than Herrera.

Cliche Guevara

I'm coming to the conclusion that its not a matter of who we sign but how they are being managed

Unless Mourinho adapts and changes his negative style of football, any player who shows up will eventually go backwards. They need a manager who encourages them to take risks, play without fear and puts emphasis on attacking football.

I genuinely believe we could sign Messi tomorrow and within a year of being coached by Mourinho he will be a shadow of the player we know.
Congratulations you are our 1 millionth customer!

Alfie092

This is what’s being reported. Maybe he’ll play less in CDM next season, but my point is, had Fellaini left we’d look for a similar style of player as a replacement.
Maybe if Fellaini did leave Mourinho 'might' have wanted to go down a different route and sign a different type of player? We won't know because he has signed a new deal now, but yeah as you mentioned, he would have most likely signed a similar type of player to Fellaini sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.