Toni Kroos

davidmichael

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-eye-toni-kroos-20060875

Seems to pop up most summers, I don’t see it happening unless it was part of a Pogba deal but even then I don’t really see it either as they’re completely different types of midfield player.

I think alongside each other with an out and out defensive midfielder Kroos and Pogba would complement each other really well but unfortunately I think if that was too happen it’d be at Real and not for us, shame we didn’t sign Kroos back in 2013 or 2014 as at £25 million he’s been one of the bargains of the last decade or longer for Real.

MarkK

Supports
Bayern Munich
From a German perspective, I think you shouldn't make the Schweinsteiger mistake again: Kroos career started very early, so he is probably declining at an earlier age than some other players. I don't think he will ever be the same Kroos we saw in 2014 again.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I was amazed we weren't linked to him during the window... at one stage I thought he must have retired when we weren't!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No. If you are worried about Matic, then you will have same issues with Kroos as well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would be stupid signing

Classical Mechanic

From a German perspective, I think you shouldn't make the Schweinsteiger mistake again: Kroos career started very early, so he is probably declining at an earlier age than some other players. I don't think he will ever be the same Kroos we saw in 2014 again.
He’s still the best passer in European football though, has he ever really relied on pace or being combative?

Son

He hit 150 long balls last season with a 88% success rate and averaged 93% passing accuracy despite hitting the most long balls in La Liga... Bess passer in world football alongsdie Messi. Imagine having that accuracy with our pacey attackers.
No midfielder in any of the top leagues reached his standard for ball retention or long balls last season.

Considering our current poor midfield. Why would we turn our nose up at a player as good as him that allows us to play on the front foot and control games? Scholes couldn't run either and he did alright in his later years.
Longstaff, Fred & McTominnay will never be fit to lace his boots for example.

AP88

Supports
Man City
5 years too late.

Sell Pogba, sign Lewis Cook, Longstaff and David Brooks.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I think Zidane really really likes Kroos and vis-a-vis. Once Zidane leaves again, Kroos's time in Madrid will be over. Currently, I wouldn't be surprised if Kroos is one of the first names on the team-sheet.

arthurka

He is 29 he isn't finished but we are rebuilding he shouldn't be on that list.

Bojan11

For a cheap fee then I would take him. We need a passing midfielder but yeah I would be worried about the physical side of things as he looks like his legs are going.

NYAS

It’s not about him being finished, it’s just that I can’t see him having the motivation to do it in the PL after what he’s already won; and having someone who isn’t fully into it mentally is the absolute last thing we need considering what we already have in that regard.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
some people on here seem to be comparing Kroos to Longstaff. Oh dear... oh dear, oh dear. I'd take Kroos plus money for Pogba and still think we underplayed Basti. Class doen't disappear over night (unless you are Sanchez!)

dev1l

no way are they going to sell Kroos without Pogba being part of the deal.
Honestly I doubt this story coming from United.
It has to come from Real.
That s my impression. It originally appeared on a Spanish site, and some days later on Bild.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People moan about Pogba defensively but then want Kroos :lol: you have to wonder sometimes.

AneRu

For a cheap fee then I would take him. We need a passing midfielder but yeah I would be worried about the physical side of things as he looks like his legs are going.
And given our experience with Schweinsteiger, Matic and Sanchez alarm bells should be ringing loud at Old Trafford. Can't afford to repeat such a mistake again.

Chairman Steve

No thank you. That ship sailed when LVG said no. We’d have someone looking to maximise their pension since they’ve won everything at club level and has questionable drive and determination to do it all again.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
OGS is wise enough not to sign players who are looking for their last payday

Sir Scott McToMinay

My favorite midfielder of the last half a decade, was over the moon when Moysie was in for him but I would rather we went for players who didn’t win literally all was there to win and who are not past their very best.

redshaw

Not seeing it and would be worried about his motivation and age. Don't think he's quite at the Bastian stage though.

Colin Clarke

Why are we even considering Toni Kroos? He is a Mouriniho type of buy, one with no long term prospects. Ole has made it clear he wants to build a squad that can be together for years, built on youth. Toni does not fit that billing. A good player but then so was Matic when we signed him, now what have we got, a fading player, a shadow of his former self. We have the scouts, bring in a DoF now to read them and find the right guys for our midfield to buy next summer as I doubt many will be available in January.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Why are we even considering Toni Kroos? He is a Mouriniho type of buy, one with no long term prospects. Ole has made it clear he wants to build a squad that can be together for years, built on youth. Toni does not fit that billing. A good player but then so was Matic when we signed him, now what have we got, a fading player, a shadow of his former self. We have the scouts, bring in a DoF now to read them and find the right guys for our midfield to buy next summer as I doubt many will be available in January.
Who says we are considering Kroos?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We need to think about the future not the past

ants7

Would have welcomed him with open arms after Bayern. But signing him now seems like repeating old mistakes we've made.

GoldanoGraham

If your saw him playing this evening against PSG then you would know that he has definitely seen better days - very pedestrian, one paced and ineffective - so totally the wrong type of player for us now, very much a Jose type signing though.....