Gaming Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 Remaster (PC, PS4, Xbox One - Coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S 26th March - Switch in 2021)

DVG7

Have met tony hawk, can confirm he is gnarly.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I bought the last one of these THPS HD or something which was available as digital download only IIRC and it’s now been removed from my PS Library which is bullshit.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
If they manage to do a good job of it then this will be awesome. But I'm not getting too excited. Wouldn't surprise me if they feck it up.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
All they need to do is take the exact same physics from the originals and make the graphics HD, surely they can't balls it up again.
That’s literally what they did with HD!

My only complain was being able to manual in THPS1 parks.

evil_geko

This is amazing news, as long as they don't mess with the core gameplay too much!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
All they need to do is take the exact same physics from the originals and make the graphics HD, surely they can't balls it up again.
Different studio doing it this time so there's a chance they won't balls it up again. This studio did the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and I think that was received very well.

SirAnderson

Oh yes! Love this! I played these games so hard I actually took it up in real life! Got so far as to be able to do a 180 degree kick flip before "retiring".
Legs got all the scars from attempt grinds and feck ups.
But on the games itself, can't wait to try it out, and it looks like the keeping the original sound track as well!

I hope they keep the exact sound for when you land your special trick! That sound when you finally nail you 900! "Zhuuuuun!!!!" Glorious nostalgia!

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The soundtrack is incredible. Still listen regularly to my Spotify playlist.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It would be a good time for EA to make a new Skate game. If this is good and successful they can get in on and ride the hype, and if it's shit they can show off how much better their skateboarding game is.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It would be a good time for EA to make a new Skate game. If this is good and successful they can get in on and ride the hype, and if it's shit they can show off how much better their skateboarding game is.
Man, a seriously good Skate game with a big community side to it could be awesome.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I don't know why a company hasn't jumped on it.

Online multiplayer skateboarding. They'd make a killing on customisation microtransactions. Clothes, boards, wheels, emotes etc. They're leaving money on the table.

Bojan11

I don't know why a company hasn't jumped on it.

Online multiplayer skateboarding. They'd make a killing on customisation microtransactions. Clothes, boards, wheels, emotes etc. They're leaving money on the table.
Because the games don’t sell well.

Skate 3 only sold 2.68 million copies. EA can make more money releasing FUT cards in a week.

Ainu

Some gameplay, starts at around 2:50 :

Oh man they brought back all of these skaters from the original games. Tony Hawk, Chad Muska, Eric Koston, Elissa Steamer, Kareem Campbell, Steve Caballero (at least I think so) and of course Rodney Mullen. Them all together in the same place, the nostalgia is off the charts. You can't overstate how much influence these games - and THPS 2 specifically - had on my teenage life. The skateboarding itself, the fashion of skaters, the music, it pretty much took over my life back then.

I'd love to try this even if it's just for the nostalgia factor, though I'm not sure how well the gameplay will have aged. When Skate came out it felt so much more natural so it would be hard to go back to the original THPS control scheme.

diarm

I heard rumours weeks ago (by rumours, I mean some nerds on Reddit) that 1080 Snowboarding is coming for the Switch.
I read the same - the rumours stemmed from Nintendo taking out a new patent on the name. I said it on here all excited and someone poured cold water on it saying Nintendo take out new patents on old game names all the time and it rarely comes to anything.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All the original guys on there? Bob Burnquist, Bucky Lasek? Used to use Rune Glifberg most for the Christ Air
Koston, Caballero, Muska, Mullen, ... :drool: Definitely buying this if it's done somewhat properly, has a real nostalgia feeling to it.

BarstoolProphet

Might try to borrow the kids's PS4 when this is released. Haven't played a game in ages but this was my favourite along with MGS back in the day.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Hope they'll include Mullen's street vids. Perfect motivator before playing the stage.