Gaming Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 Remaster (PC, PS4, Xbox One - Coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S 26th March - Switch in 2021)

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Crap this is out tomorrow, is it worth pre-ordering or just waiting and downloading tomorrow? Do I get any benefits worth it for pre-ordering? I'm definitely going to get it for nostalgia if nothing else.

Brocky

Crap this is out tomorrow, is it worth pre-ordering or just waiting and downloading tomorrow? Do I get any benefits worth it for pre-ordering? I'm definitely going to get it for nostalgia if nothing else.
Only the demo of the warehouse level and the ability to pre-download it before midnight hits.

diarm

My copy is ready to be picked up in the morning. Looking forward to that hit of nostalgia straight to my veins tomorrow evening!

Zen

So my PS4 has spent most it's time playing FF7 and as of next week - Tony Hawks 1&2..... sunken to a new low of nostalgia.

Turnip

Only the demo of the warehouse level and the ability to pre-download it before midnight hits.
That was enough. I spent too long just playing a pointless 2 minute run of warehouse over and over last night and now I can't wait to go home and pretend to be 11 again.
So my PS4 has spent most it's time playing FF7 and as of next week - Tony Hawks 1&2..... sunken to a new low of nostalgia.
I was already high on nostaligia because of THPS, then Nintendo went and announced SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy is coming out in 2 weeks. Can gaming nostalgia rescue 2020?

Zen

Ordered it on Amazon only to find it £5 cheaper in bloody Asda.... luckily Amazon put through the cancel in the time I was there. So will be on it later.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ordered it on Amazon only to find it £5 cheaper in bloody Asda.... luckily Amazon put through the cancel in the time I was there. So will be on it later.
How much? I got it for £32 off CD Keys

Zen

£35, still like to have a physical unless you're making a killing of a saving for resale purposes - so £2 extra on cdkeys. I'll allow it. It's £40 on Amazon, surprised Asda even had it... yet alone cheaper.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
£35, still like to have a physical unless you're making a killing of a saving for resale purposes - so £2 extra on cdkeys. I'll allow it. It's £40 on Amazon, surprised Asda even had it... yet alone cheaper.
That’s alright. I never bother selling my hard copies. I probably should.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Feel like there should be more of a community aspect to single player. Show friend’s high scores or something. Unless there is and it’s not obvious.

Wayne's World

What's everyone's first impressions of it?

This game was basically a part of my childhood, played it religiously for hours and hours. 45 quid on the playstation store but is it worth it?

Enough to do offline along with the multiplayer aspect also?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What's everyone's first impressions of it?

This game was basically a part of my childhood, played it religiously for hours and hours. 45 quid on the playstation store but is it worth it?

Enough to do offline along with the multiplayer aspect also?
I’m enjoying it a lot. The nostalgia is high. Although some of the music is new they’re still great for the game. Some recognisable gems too though. It does get a little repetitive but it’s the sort of game I’ll jump on every now and then and do a little bit more, so that’s fine.

My only gripe is that they didn’t add more of an online community side to the single player. It was crying out for it in my opinion - just some kind of sign of everyone experiencing that nostalgia together, or friend’s high scores, or something.

Don’t pay 45 quid for it. It’s £32 on CD Keys

Wayne's World

I’m enjoying it a lot. The nostalgia is high. Although some of the music is new they’re still great for the game. Some recognisable gems too though. It does get a little repetitive but it’s the sort of game I’ll jump on every now and then and do a little bit more, so that’s fine.

My only gripe is that they didn’t add more of an online community side to the single player. It was crying out for it in my opinion - just some kind of sign of everyone experiencing that nostalgia together, or friend’s high scores, or something.

Don’t pay 45 quid for it. It’s £32 on CD Keys
I checked CD Keys but it's only showing X-box One for me, not seeing playstation at all unless they don't do it on that.

Turnip

Being 30 and playing online finally has advantages. Until I went online and people are landing multi-million combos one after another and I'm just chuffed landing my 100-200k ones.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Being 30 and playing online finally has advantages. Until I went online and people are landing multi-million combos one after another and I'm just chuffed landing my 100-200k ones.
Multimillion combos back in the day were :drool: swear I remember getting 10mill plus on certain levels for the 2-3 minute timer

Bojan11

Activision Blizzard has moved its Vicarious Visions studio from the Activision side of the business to the Blizzard side.

The publisher today told GamesIndustry.biz that effective today, it is merging Vicarious Visions into Blizzard Entertainment.

Going forward, the Vicarious Visions team of about 200 people will be employees of Blizzard and "fully dedicated to existing Blizzard games and initiatives," which means the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 studio will no longer be creating games as the lead developer.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-01-22-vicarious-visions-merged-into-blizzard

They did the crash trilogy too. Now they just a support studio, who are probably stuck on COD DLC. I hope you are happy @esmufc07

Bojan11

If you already own a PS4 or Xbox One digital version of the game, you can pay $10 to upgrade to the corresponding new console release. That also gets you access to a new skater, Powell-Peralta mascot Ripper, and some retro gear for your create-a-skaters and a few retro skins. If you bought the digital deluxe edition of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, you’ll get the upgrade for free.

The PS5 and Xbox Series X versions will play the game at 120 FPS at 1080P or at native 4K at 60 FPS (1440P and upscale to 4K for Xbox Series S). They will also include support for spatial audio.

If you bought the digital deluxe edition of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, you’ll get the upgrade for free.
https://venturebeat.com/2021/02/23/...-is-coming-to-ps5-xbox-series-x-s-and-switch/
@Pexbo

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No way I’m paying another 10 quid. The game was fun to play through again for nostalgia but I’m already mostly done with it and replay value is fairly low for me now. Haven’t touched it for ages anyway.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
No way I’m paying another 10 quid. The game was fun to play through again for nostalgia but I’m already mostly done with it and replay value is fairly low for me now. Haven’t touched it for ages anyway.
People seem to forget how far games have advanced in 20 years. My mate bought this. I played it withim for 20 minutes and was bored. There is a reason why they dont make new ones...

b82REZ

I bought this week's a go and avoided playing it for the most part because this update was due.

Now I have a backlog of games so can't see me getting back to this anytime soon.

b82REZ

I bought the deluxe edition of this on disc as I was under the assumption that also qualified for the "free upgrade". Turns out I was wrong. Seriously pissed off about it, not that I buy many Activison games, I'll be giving them a wider berth now. Money grabbing cnuts.

rotherham_red

I bought the deluxe edition of this on disc as I was under the assumption that also qualified for the "free upgrade". Turns out I was wrong. Seriously pissed off about it, not that I buy many Activison games, I'll be giving them a wider berth now. Money grabbing cnuts.
What? Really? That shouldn't be the case, I'm sure I read that if you got the deluxe edition on the PS4, it would be a free upgrade.

rotherham_red

On the game itself, it's not really all that different from how the PS4 version played on the PS5 (if at all). The loading times are better, but it's not to the extent that it is particularly noticeable.

I got the game on disc for £28 and the £10 upgrade, and all in all, it cost £38, so I'm not too annoyed, but if I could go back, I probably wouldn't have got it.