3- Bayern Munich
4- Chelsea
5- Manchester United
6- Liverpool
7- Real Madrid
8- Juventus
9- Atlético Madrid
10- FC Barcelona
I was thinking you're overrating Real Madrid and Juve and underrating Barcelona; but then swapping them around doesn't really change much and who would take their places in the list? I guess my conclusion is that the top talent is really getting centralized at a very limited number of top clubs, and at the EPL in particular.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Right now Real is 7-8th, but there's a chance that next year, Mbappe, Haaland and Camavinga join as free agents... then I'd rate Real as 3rd, even 2nd.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm not sure if City on paper is ahead of Bayern?
PSG
Bayern
City
Chelsea United Liverpool
Madrid
Juve
Atletico
Barca? Not so sure they're top 10 right now

meamth

Thread should be renamed "Who would've win the super League if it's happening now"

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Tier 1
City, PSG, Bayern

Tier 2
United, Liverpool, Chelsea

Tier 3
Madrid, Juventus, Atletico

Tier 4
Barca, Dortmund, Atalanta

breath

1- Paris Saint-Germain
2- Manchester City
3- Manchester United
4- Chelsea
5- Barcelona
6- Real Madrid
7- Liverpool
8- Juventus
9- Atlético Madrid
10- Bayern
PSG is the most expensive squad while Bayern is the cheapest

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
While we have a good, or even fantastic starting eleven, our squad is fairly average.

Especially our midfield is deeply worrying. If any one of Hendo, Fabinho and Thiago is injured (which will happen over the course of the season) we are looking at unreliable (Keita, Ox) and raw (Curtis Jones, Elliott) options, along with an effective but old Milner.

If we are speaking of sqauds, then I would not put us in the top 8 of these lists.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
In terms of squad depth I’d say (a little bias ofc) Chelsea has a deeper squad depth than Man Utd. Really the only position your depth is stronger than ours is Goalkeeper. Man for man people struggle to pin who has the stronger 11, replace all those with squad players and your only stronger than us in GK position, let’s be real here.

Tallis

Depends on whether we are judging squads in totality or the first 11. If later, PSG smoke everyone else but if it’s squad, it’s difficult to disregard City.

I agree with the post above that Chelsea have the deeper Squad than us. I probably prefer our first 11 over theirs but the difference is slightly in my opinion. We do have a younger squad though.

romufc

In terms of squad depth I’d say (a little bias ofc) Chelsea has a deeper squad depth than Man Utd. Really the only position your depth is stronger than ours is Goalkeeper. Man for man people struggle to pin who has the stronger 11, replace all those with squad players and your only stronger than us in GK position, let’s be real here.
Not really, Telles is a better LB than Emerson I would say.

Even in forward line, it could be argued there aren't that many differences.

If Chelsea play Lukaku, Werner, Havertz as the staring and United with Rashford Cavani Sancho

We still have Martial, Greenwood whereas Chelsea is looking at Ziyech, CHO, Pulisic? United's is better I would say.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Bayern is not Tier 1 atm. And certainly not #3 in Europe. People are overrating them based on past glory. Mark my words, they will fall this year and 10 in a row won't happen.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Bayern is not Tier 1 atm. And certainly not #3 in Europe. People are overrating them based on past glory. Mark my words, they will fall this year and 10 in a row won't happen.
I both agree and disagree..

Agree that Bayern dont have a top-tier squad
Disagree that Bayern is overrated as they dó have a top-tier team (awesomely managed team).

Tallis

Where are the weaknesses in the squad in your view ? Who will finish ahead of them. Or is this some type of reverse jinx

KillVearn

Supports
Juventus
Juve is definitely not in top 10.
For three years in a row we've been eliminated in the UCL by affordable match ups on paper and we also barely secured a fourth UCL spot in the technically worst Serie A in history.
We have tons of players in the roster that won't even be playing for Lazio or Roma, the likes of Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Rugani, Morata, Pellegrini, Ramsey, McKennie and many others. Unfortunately we are facing a pretty steep decline.

Blood Mage

City have a better squad than PSG don't let PSG's ridiculous attacking options fool you.

1) Man City
2) PSG
3) Bayern
4) Man Utd
5) Chelsea
6) Liverpool
7) Real Madrid
8) Barcelona
9) Atletico Madrid
10) Juventus

Dortmund, Inter, Atalanta and Leicester aren't far off threatening to break into the top 10 IMO.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
1. Manchester City
2, Paris St Germain
3, Chelsea
4. Bayern Munich
5. Manchester United
6, Real Madrid
7. Liverpool
8. Barcelona
9. Juventus
10. Atletico

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
If we're talking about first 11, City isn't in the top 3 IMO, but squad depth is where their main strength is (except for the striker and LB positions).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. PSG
2. City
3. Bayern
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Man Utd
7. Real Madrid
8. Barcelona
9. Atletico
10. Juventus

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
1.City
2.Psg
3.Bayern
4.Juve
5.United
6.Real madrid
7.Barcelona
8.Liverpool
9.Chelsea
10.A.Madrid

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Funny how quite a number of people here are trying to rate united squad lower than it should be. The only teams i see that clearly have a better first 11 than united is PSG and Bayern.
Squad depth, I'll say PSG and City.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Depends are we factoring in just squads or adding managers in the mix too?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Agree for the most part, but i do think 10 will happen. We'll probably be in no man's land in Europe though.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Funny how quite a number of people here are trying to rate united squad lower than it should be. The only teams i see that clearly have a better first 11 than united is PSG and Bayern.
Squad depth, I'll say PSG and City.
:eek::houllier: :lol:

Welcome newbie. You're going to be a blast.

Theonas

Scout
Yeah I severely disagree with having Chelsea ahead of us. That's ridiculous.
Really didn't expect so many to put us ahead of Chelsea. I don't think there is much between us but I do think their midfield duo of Kanté and Jorginho is easily the best in Europe. Come to think of it, hard to think of a better midfield combination over the past decade with maybe Gustavo and Schweinsteiger and Real's trio a clear standout. Chelsea also have that pedigree now of a CL winning team. I just thought they have a clear advantage in that midfield and momentum wise over us.

Infra-red

Transfermarkt have a table comparison of the total market value of the top 18 players at each European club, which some people might think is representative of quality:

ClubMV Top-18 players
Manchester City£889.20m
Paris Saint-Germain£786.60m
Liverpool FC£729.45m
Bayern Munich£709.11m
Manchester United£695.70m
Chelsea FC£671.40m
Real Madrid£670.50m
Atlético de Madrid£616.95m
FC Barcelona£613.80m
Tottenham Hotspur£564.30m

NB the Chelsea value doesn't include the Lukaku transfer, which would lift them up in to third, behind PSG.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ver...marktwertetop?kontinent_id=0&land_id=0&plus=1

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Ridiculous the team that won the Champions League to be better than the team that lost the Europa League by the 7th best team in Spain?
Yeah, but (seriously) we've actually strengthened considerably since then.

ETA I'm not saying we definitely have a better squad than Chelsea - just pointing out the obvious: which is that we have a much better squad now compared to when we lost the EL final - having added two nailed-on starters most would call top class.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Tier 1
City, PSG, Bayern

Tier 2
United, Liverpool, Chelsea

Tier 3
Madrid, Juventus, Atletico

Tier 4
Barca, Dortmund, Atalanta
United should definitely be up there with Bayern.

Bayern have lost a lot of quality in central defense with Alaba and Boateng leaving, with only Upamecano joining in.

They also lack numbers in that area. In CB they only have Hernandez, Upamecano and Sule, while Nianzou is still very raw to be considered a quality option. Pavard can be called on but he's their first choice RB and therefore they then will suffer there.

Similar for LB, where Hernandez is likely their secondary option, though they signed Richards, who is again unproven at this level. Once again they are relying on a couple of players to convert multiple positions.

This isn't an issue at United as we have a clear list of 2 good players to cover at each position. Shaw and Telles at LB is certainly better than Davies and Richards, while AwB and Dalot are also better than Pavard and Sarr (who has been terrible for them).

CM and ST is where Bayern can come out on top but that's only because of their starting XI. If you compare squad depth, you'll again find that United have a stronger bench with McTom, Matic, Mata, VdB, Lingard compared to Tolisso (chronically injured), Cuisane (who Bayern want to rid off), Roca (who barely played last season) and Musiala.

Bayern are terribly lacking in bench strength and that was evident when they lost to PSG with a string of injuries. They haven't been able to strengthen that bench due to Covid and therefore for this season again they'll have to reply mostly in their starting XI to win them matches.

Last edited:

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
:eek::houllier: :lol:

Welcome newbie. You're going to be a blast.
I'm not that new (talking about that, how do i get to have more than 5 posts a day though?).
And i said "clearly better". You could make an argument for City or Chelsea or maybe even Liverpool, but they aren't clearly better.

Ridiculous the team that won the Champions League to be better than the team that lost the Europa League by the 7th best team in Spain?
Anything can happen in a cup tie, that doesn't mean the winner is better.
Do you think Villarreal is better than United because they beat United?

dal

Last year I thought our squad was the fourth best in the premier league.

If we don’t sell anyone I think we have now easily the second best squad and easily top 5 in Europe.

Pressures truly on now Ole however I’m sure you will deliver.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
PSG and City pick themselves I think. I rate Liverpool's starting XI higher than Chelsea and United's, possibly even higher than City's still, but their squad depth doesn't do them any favours. Really, I think there's very little separating 3-6 on my list, similarly there's little separating Real and Atletico. Barcelona a rung or two below due to obviously just losing Messi and a few gaping holes in their team, Juventus round out my top 10 overtaking Inter Milan due to the latter being picked apart.

With a really good midfield addition I think we'd create a gap between ourselves and Bayern as midfield is the big area we look weak compared to the other teams on the list.
  1. PSG
  2. City
  3. Liverpool
  4. Chelsea
  5. Bayern
  6. United
  7. A.Madrid
  8. R.Madrid
  9. Barcelona
  10. Juventus